Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

ed hyatt (edhyatt) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The North; UK
About Me ed hyatt has not added a biography yet.
CountryUK

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by ed hyatt

Showing 161 - 170 of 282 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...29

Forum » Thread

PCT, shelters
Thanks Chaps; useful replies - I think I am glad to hear it's not all Sierra-esque (grandeur aside); I carry poles and have dabbled with tarps.....not really a fine choice for UK conditions tho...

In Pre-Trip Planning » PCT: above treeline camps, food storage
February 07, 12:03am

GPS
I'm in the 'like GPS a lot' camp; and use it for 99% of my 'using things other than my senses' navigation. My GPS is a simple Garmin with an arrow. I'll use it a few time...

In Philosophy & Technique » Is GPS All in Our Heads?
February 06, 10:09am

re. canister.
I imagined that readers would realise that I got the bearcan thing via my reference to the JMT...but.. I'd have struggled pitching something requiring many stakes in places on the JMT; hence...

February 06, 8:40am

PCT: above treeline camps, food storage
I like camping high; not in the trees - so preferably above treeline. Is this a reasonably viable option on the PCT (thinking of this over the next year or two)? If so then I would guess (and...

February 06, 12:59am

600ml Evernew
"Is a 600 pan going to be large enough for 2 cup brews and meals when considering stirring and the times when the cone is not sitting level?" I use a tri-ti and the 600ml pot - in answ...

In GEAR » Bushbuddy -vs- Ti-Tri Inferno
February 05, 10:59am

Maybe Chaff
Tom - you've committed the cardinal sin of spelling Whisky with an 'e'... Mike's tag means he can't actually leave Scotland without the Border Police being alerted... But,...

In Philosophy & Technique » Maybe Chaff?
February 04, 12:51am

powders
I use Palatinose and instant oats (milled so fine they dissolve); they work really well for me as they just go in with water and 'top me up' all day. These are largely carb-based though.......

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Using weight gainer powder on the trail
February 03, 3:17pm

Lite max
It's the only gas stove I use when I use gas....which is mainly when I backpack with others. Kicked into touch these days though by the Caldera Tri-ti for solo trips.

In GEAR » Snow Peak lite max titanium stove
February 03, 12:08am

Pack Ideas
I've been having a similar debate....I have more than enough packs but am trying to rationalise while thinking about the PCT within the next few years...so ability to carry a can factors in. ...

In GEAR » Pack ideas?
February 03, 12:05am

Unna
I live in the UK; it can get damp! Easy enough to make an Unna porch (virtual vestibule is how Hilly describe it); shoes, sack (and on) can fit in the existing fly-inner gap as is. I'm in...

In GEAR » Hilleberg: Unna Vs. Soulo
February 02, 1:26am

All Reader Reviews by ed hyatt

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montrail Hardrock
I wore these this summer over the very rocky GR20 (Corsica) and the GR5 Alpine (Geneva towards Nice). The pair I used on the GR20 (120 miles) are well worn and cut up; they would probably do the ro...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
September 12, 2:27am

MoonTrail Customer Service
Very good service and advice from Dan at Moontrail; I was ordering from overseas yet picking up in the USA and Moontrail were really helpful with that. Website is good too - especially the use of e...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
April 20, 8:04am