Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 161 - 170 of 7774 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...778

Forum » Thread

Re: Soooo, I need a job.....
Keep buying those lottery tickets and then you'll have the time to use the gear. If you have the job to buy the gear, you don't have the time. Keep your overhead low :)

In GEAR » Soooo, I need a job.....
January 06, 6:30pm

Re: IKEA sit pad
The price is right. I use a Thermarest Z Seat, but only because I got it at a yard sale for $2. I too use it to supplement my sleeping pad. It can help as a wind screen for cooking and a makeshift ...

In GEAR » IKEA sit pad
January 06, 6:26pm

Re: Light down jacket vs vest
For me it depends on base layer warmth. If you are wearing a heavier base layer anyway, say somthing like Cap4 or R1, then your arms are better covered and you can get by with vest and shell (wind ...

In GEAR » Light down jacket vs vest
January 06, 6:14pm

Re: Re: Aquarium air pump for pack drying
The air mattress issue is just tubing size and valve construction. Good idea though. As to the Areo Mattress pump question, the slow exchange of air from the aquarium pump works well. I don'...

In GEAR » Aquarium air pump for pack drying
January 06, 2:57pm

Re: Looking for a low fp hooded down jacket in larger sizes
Costco had some decent down jackets that last time I was in. Some of the Uniqlo jackets are very nice, but I would want to try one on. Watch Cabela's for sales. 6pm.com has a lot of big name br...

In GEAR » Looking for a low fp hooded down jacket in larger sizes
January 06, 1:40pm

Re: anybody tried aliexpress sleeping pads, tents, and titanium goods?
I wouldn't be afraid of the Ti stuff, but I would be wary of coated or zippered gear, expecting the cheapest and unreliable versions. You can chuck warranties and consumer safety out the door. ...

In GEAR » anybody tried aliexpress sleeping pads, tents, and titanium goods?
January 06, 1:35pm

Aquarium air pump for pack drying
I've used an aquarium air pump for drying water bladders for years, but it dawned on me that I could use the same technique for drying the deep inner recesses of backpacks that are slow to dry....

In GEAR » Aquarium air pump for pack drying
January 06, 1:29pm

Re: FS: Arcteryx Squamish Hoody Large Blue 2013
Can you please give the measurements across the armpits, baseof hood to tail and center of neck to cuff?

In Gear Swap » FS: Arcteryx Squamish Hoody Large Blue 2013
January 05, 8:49pm

SOLD: REI Mistral Soft-Shell Jacket Women's Medium, Cranberry
Sold to Steve: Used REI Mistral soft shell jacket in excellent condition, clean and free of damage. Women's medium size measuring 19" across the armpits, 20" across thehem, 24" b...

In Gear Swap » FS: REI Mistral Soft-Shell Jacket Women's Medium, Cranberry
January 04, 4:13pm

SOLD: GSI Mini Espresso Maker & Cup
Sold to Scott: a new/unused GSI mini espresso maker and a cup. Works on your stove top to make a 2.5oz double shot of real espresso. The GSI unit weighs 7oz on my scale and the cup is 2oz. $15 incl...

In Gear Swap » FS: GSI Mini Espresso Maker & Cup
January 02, 2:28pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.