Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 161 - 170 of 7867 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...787

Forum » Thread

Re: Any good light sun protective L/S crew shirts with hoods for men and women?
There's a fair amount of fishing clothing aimed at long days in direct sun, for example: http://www.columbia.com/mens-pfg-terminal-tackle%C2%A0hoodie-FM6132.html Don't know the weight. ...

In GEAR » Any good light sun protective L/S crew shirts with hoods for men and women?
February 10, 2:57pm

Re: Marmots/ Car Gas Lines
Sounds like a portable electric fence charger would be handy. It would work on two-legged snakes as well :)

In Chaff » Marmots/ Car Gas Lines
February 10, 12:19pm

Re: Where to learn self-arrest
This club looks good:http://www.sierramountaineeringgroup.org/events

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Where to learn self-arrest
February 10, 11:56am

Re: Lightweight boots for trail work?
Saloman makes UL mids. I like Keens myself. How about combat boots?

In GEAR » Lightweight boots for trail work?
February 08, 10:46pm

Re: Re: Victorinox parer and kydex sheath..
You can buy a nylon sheath from Victorinox. Forschner is part of Victorinox and makes a rosewood handled version of the paring knife that is sweet. It fits in the plastic sheeth from the Little Vic...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » unltralite knife
February 08, 10:25pm

Re: Re: SOLD: Bundle of Washington State Hiking Books
You're welcome, Ian! We have several shelves full of hiking books gleaned from yard sales and thrift store and these were all duplicates. And no rip off at all: the used book market has ta...

In Gear Swap » FS: Bundle of Washington State Hiking Books
February 08, 5:40pm

SOLD: Arcteryx Covert Fleece Beanie with Pocket, One Size, Wine
SOLD to Max D: a nice clean Arcteryx Covert beanie. It's a toque, eh! Polartec "sweater weave" fleece with zippered pocket, one size fits all (and my XL noggin too), 1.4oz on my scale...

In Gear Swap » For Sale: Arcteryx Covert Fleece Beanie with Pocket, One Size, Wine
February 08, 5:32pm

PIF CLAIMED: Patagonia Shorts, Men's 34 waist (marked 36) with 9" inseam
Pay if Forward claimed by Clint: These Patagonia shorts are marked size 36, but no way--- they measure 17" across the waistband which is a size 34 in my book. The inseam is 9" and the...

In Gear Swap » PIF: Patagonia Shorts, Men's 34 waist (marked 36) with 9" inseam
February 08, 5:21pm

Re: straps and racks
"I'm starting to look into the way I'll be carrying the same dry bag on my rack. Thats a great idea. I've been concerned about the straps. Your idea solves that." Many pann...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » DIY Dirtbag Bikepacking Bag Support
February 07, 8:42pm

Re: MSR e-wing as emergency shelter
I carry a poncho and AMK Heatsheets bivy for a very similar emergency shelter. I wouldn't bother replacing the E Wing for just emergency use. The poncho does cover the rainwear category as well...

In Philosophy & Technique » MSR e-wing as emergency shelter
February 07, 3:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.