Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 161 - 170 of 8141 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...815

Forum » Thread

SOLD: Pillows! Montbell UL Comfort and Cocoon Air-Core Hyperlight
ALL SOLD! Sold to Chris: : Montbell UL Comfort System pillow. Roughyl 18x11 inflated, weight 3.4oz with the stuff sack and patch kit. In good condition, but there is some residual dried glue w...

In Gear Swap » FS: Pillows! Montbell UL Comfort and Cocoon Air-Core Hyperlight
June 25, 11:34am

Re: 4-Day Washington Hike Ideas
Two web resources for your trip: WTA.org and nwhikers.net (a forum). Both are great for current trail reports.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 4-Day Washington Hike Ideas
June 25, 10:23am

Re: Do you pack a pillow?
Yeah! The Coccoon pillows are great, with both polyester fill and air and microfleece or smooth surface. The stuffed pillows dont give me enough support.

In GEAR » Do you pack a pillow?
June 25, 9:43am

PIF's CLAIMED: UL Paring Knife, MSR Dromedary 4 Liter Bag
Pay it Forward ALL CLAIMED: #1 CLAIMED BY DAN: a Widder stainless steel paring knife made in Solingen, Germany. It has a 2-3/4" sheepfoot style blade and 4" handle with hole in end. We...

In Gear Swap » PIF's: UL Paring Knife, MSR Dromedary 4 Liter Bag
June 24, 2:31pm

Re: Re: Thoughts on new REI EVRGRN line, catalogs, offers and light polluting tents...
The light thing strikes me as ineffecient compared to a headlamp, but on a "pollution" level I can't see the difference between the tent light and a couple people reading with headlam...

In GEAR » Thoughts on new REI EVRGRN line, catalogs, offers and light polluting tents...
June 24, 10:07am

Re: Bear bag carabiner
Tie a knot instead!

In GEAR » Bear bag carabiner
June 23, 10:02pm

Re: Open Cycle Map desktop route planning?
I've been using Footpath on my iPhone. It allows you to draw your route on a map and it gives the mileage and best of all, an elevation profile. The free version is quite functional.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Open Cycle Map desktop route planning?
June 23, 10:01pm

Re: Camping to close for comfort
"I also suspect that some people don't mind, and actually rather prefer, to be around others at night to help ease their fear of the boogeyman." "If some pack of idiots keeps ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Camping to close for comfort
June 23, 9:15pm

Re: Doesn't affect us negatively
I don't know about offsetting the price. Performance/weight has improved with some items, but the prices are way out there. In the 1970's I never dreamed I would pend $150 on a windbreaker ...

In GEAR » Thoughts on new REI EVRGRN line, catalogs, offers and light polluting tents...
June 23, 2:16pm

Re: Thoughts on new REI EVRGRN line, catalogs, offers and light polluting tents...
"If you build it they will come" turns into "if you build a giant retail machine, it must be fed." The useless gadget side of the outdoor industry is shameful. Most of that ...

June 23, 1:56pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.