BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 161 - 170 of 7173 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...718

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: still --- bible belt?
I can just see this trail from one flat-roofed Southern Baptist church to another. If you've seen one old church with bad siding, yellow glass windows and smelly carpets, you've seen them a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiking and wild camping in Europe: Legal aspects
March 10, 11:40am

Re: US pilgrimage trail
Without getting into a totally Chaff oriented discussion, I think that the conservative religious sub-cultures in the US wouldn't be walking. Those seeking spiritual quests are probably not fol...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiking and wild camping in Europe: Legal aspects
March 10, 9:52am

Re: Does this mean I'm ultralight?
Getting more sophisticated maybe. I'm not one to lean to conspiracy theories, but Backpacker magazine caters to the advertisers I'm afraid. It is a big Recreational Industrial Complex,...

In Philosophy & Technique » Does this mean I'm ultralight?
March 10, 7:50am

Re: First Lightweight Pack Purchase - which to buy?
"My base pack weight is now just under 15lbs. I could drop it a few more pounds but I like having a few luxury items and I don't plan to do a thru hike anytime soon. I do plan to do some l...

In GEAR » First Lightweight Pack Purchase - which to buy?
March 10, 7:31am

Re: US pilgrimage trails
German Tourist wrote, "The pilgrimage business is so big and still booming in Europe that I have wondered for years why Americans have not jumped on the band wagon and created a pilgrimage tra...

March 10, 7:15am

Withdrawn by seller
Withdrawn by seller

In Gear Swap » FS: LL Bean Rain Jacket, Men's Large and Eddie Bauer First Ascent Down Sweater Men's L/XL
March 09, 10:16pm

Re: Shoulder Strap Placement on External Frame Pack
What have you got there? It looks a little extreme, but the bottom line is, it works for you or it doesn't. I've always thought that in a perfect world, the shoulder straps should just b...

In GEAR » Shoulder Strap Placement on External Frame Pack
March 09, 2:42pm

Re: Is there a device that triggers camera shutter upon subject movement?
There are a number of devices that will do that, but they need to be specific to a camera model. Back in the "old days" with 35mm cameras this was easier as they all had standard threaded...

In GEAR » Is there a device that triggers camera shutter upon subject movement?
March 09, 12:37pm

Re: Hiking and wild camping in Europe: Legal aspects
What a wonderful post! I've only traveled in Germany during the winter and was still impressed with the number of public trails I saw, and that was many years ago. There's an increasing...

March 09, 12:04pm

Withdrawn by seller
Withdrawn by seller

In Gear Swap » FS: Montane Windshrt, Small
March 08, 9:48pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.