BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 161 - 170 of 7395 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...740

Forum » Thread

Re: Do I need a special type of down jacket?
Most down garments have a water repellent treatment(DWR), but that is about it. You want some breathability in a down garment to prevent moisture building up in the down and to aid drying. Downproo...

In GEAR » Do I need a special type of down jacket?
May 27, 12:27pm

Re: Has anyone modified a rolltop closure on a Pack?
Very nice! An alternative is to take the Gossamer Gear approach and turn the extra fabric into a variable fold-over top, with a couple straps or lines to tie it down on the front. GG adds a zipp...

In GEAR » Has anyone modified a rolltop closure on a Pack?
May 25, 10:53am

Re: Re: Re: Bikepacking at the Cusp
"It's more that exhaustive research about gear, sitting online talking about gear, and buying gear can easily become a replacement for getting out and using gear. It's a theme Dave'...

In Editor's Roundtable » Bikepacking at the Cusp
May 23, 3:18pm

Re: Bikepacking at the Cusp and hybrid bikepacking
I've been doing a lot of fiddling with bikes lately and I enjoyed reading this article. My neighbors put a Trek zx7000 in the trash a few weeks ago and I rescued it. It needed a chain and so...

In Editor's Roundtable » Bikepacking at the Cusp
May 22, 5:06pm

Re: Rackless Carry Systems for Lightweight Bikepacking
What is a practical weight to carry in a backpack when riding? It seems that a CamelBak with 3 liters H2O and another 18 liters of storage is practical (I own one), but I'm curious how much oth...

In Editor's Roundtable » Rackless Carry Systems for Lightweight Bikepacking
May 22, 11:42am

Posted in the wrong forum...
Posted in the wrong forum. Apologies.

In Editor's Roundtable » Rackless Carry Systems for Lightweight Bikepacking
May 22, 11:39am

Re: What's a "Carabiniere"?...
P.S. - What's a "Carabiniere"?... It's a broken spell checker :)

In GEAR » The first sleeping bag hammock???
May 20, 5:56pm

Re: Anyone have the L.L. Bean Microlight FS1?
Looks like your basic one person double wall coffin to me. I wouldn't be worried so much about waterproofness or ripping. The fly has both silicone and PU coatings. I assume it has taped seams ...

In GEAR » Anyone have the L.L. Bean Microlight FS1?
May 20, 10:08am

Re: The first sleeping bag hammock???
Certainly not the first and they are clueless to hammock hang geometry, fabrics, insulation, hardware, you name it.

In GEAR » The first sleeping bag hammock???
May 20, 9:10am

Re: damage
" Chances are much greater of it getting damaged by your own gear/stupidity (ice axe, crampons, something poky in your pack) than by anything on the route." I have a friend who took a ...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Layering advice for Rainier
May 19, 1:26pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.