BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 161 - 170 of 7390 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...739

Forum » Thread

Posted in the wrong forum...
Posted in the wrong forum. Apologies.

In Editor's Roundtable » Rackless Carry Systems for Lightweight Bikepacking
May 22, 11:39am

Re: What's a "Carabiniere"?...
P.S. - What's a "Carabiniere"?... It's a broken spell checker :)

In GEAR » The first sleeping bag hammock???
May 20, 5:56pm

Re: Anyone have the L.L. Bean Microlight FS1?
Looks like your basic one person double wall coffin to me. I wouldn't be worried so much about waterproofness or ripping. The fly has both silicone and PU coatings. I assume it has taped seams ...

In GEAR » Anyone have the L.L. Bean Microlight FS1?
May 20, 10:08am

Re: The first sleeping bag hammock???
Certainly not the first and they are clueless to hammock hang geometry, fabrics, insulation, hardware, you name it.

In GEAR » The first sleeping bag hammock???
May 20, 9:10am

Re: damage
" Chances are much greater of it getting damaged by your own gear/stupidity (ice axe, crampons, something poky in your pack) than by anything on the route." I have a friend who took a ...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Layering advice for Rainier
May 19, 1:26pm

Re: initial post
"@Dale - I won't be using a guide. I'm not a newbie or an experienced mountaineer, but haven't been up on Rainier and don't want to overpack." Not that you are a newbie...

May 19, 12:10pm

Re: Layering advice for Rainier
If you are going with a guide service, you might check with them. Regardless of any UL concepts, they may have strict requirements to keep the newbies alive.

May 19, 11:04am

Re: Wonderland Trail - Mowich to Longmire Shuttle
Mowich is a long ways in on its own road and that shuttle is about 85 miles. You might check on the forums on nwhikers.net. The mountain guide services may have some options for climbers going up o...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Wonderland Trail - Mowich to Longmire Shuttle
May 19, 9:21am

Re: Why the obsession over sleeping bag/quilt warmth but not sleeping pad warmth?
Good question! It is kinda loose, like not including trekking poles in your base weight (looks at ground, clears throat). My thoughts on the phenomenon: A basic pad covers most three season ...

In GEAR » Why the obsession over sleeping bag/quilt warmth but not sleeping pad warmth?
May 19, 8:55am

Re: Backpacking Pots for Boy Scouts
Olicamp makes the Space Saver hard anodized aluminum pots that fit on a Nalgene and weigh just a bit more than a comparable size Ti pot. They are about $13 on eBay. Walmart has cheap stainless ...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Backpacking Pots for Boy Scouts
May 18, 8:26pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.