Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 161 - 170 of 7832 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...784

Forum » Thread

Re: 3-season synthetic jacket recommendations
The jackets with 60 gram fill aren't worth the weight IMHO. All you get are two not very breathable windshirts with a wisp of insulation between. A fleece and windshirt are as effective. If it ...

In GEAR » 3-season synthetic jacket recommendations
January 31, 10:28am

Re: GoTenna - Free Texting without cell service
Interesting. Not a bad idea, but my first impression is that FRS/GMRS walkie talkies would be as useful and simple. You can use those to communicate with others outside your group too, which is han...

In Gear Deals » GoTenna - Free Texting without cell service
January 30, 12:26pm

SOLD: Outdoor Research Hydroseal Dry Sack #5 , black, 37 liter, 6.4oz
Sold to Dave: a new Outdoor Research Hydroseal Dry Sack #5. 6.4oz, 37 liter volume, measures 27" long x 17" across the top when flat and about 18"x12" as shown with the top roll...

In Gear Swap » FS: Outdoor Research Hydroseal Dry Sack #5 , black, 37 liter, 6.4oz
January 30, 12:07pm

Re: Seconds, Non!
Done deal and in the mail. Can't wait to see Steve's PIF :)

In Gear Swap » PIF: REI MIstral Jacket, Schoeller Dryskin Soft Shell, Men's Large
January 29, 11:02pm

Re: City travel 30L packs?
I like a convertible backpack/suitcase in carry-on size (a la Rick Steves and others) plus a small messenger bag for city use. Backpacks make it clumsy to get through doorways, down bus aisles, exi...

In GEAR » City travel 30L packs?
January 29, 8:49pm

PIF CLAIMED : REI MIstral Jacket, Schoeller Dryskin Soft Shell, Men's Large
Pay it Forward claimed by Steve Martin. REI Mistral jacket with Schoeller Dryskin fabric. This is a stretchy very breathable soft shell fabric and I think of it like a sweater. Men's large...

In Gear Swap » PIF: REI MIstral Jacket, Schoeller Dryskin Soft Shell, Men's Large
January 29, 11:51am

SOLD: Patagonia 2013 Houdini Windshirt, Men's XL, Bright Green
SOLD to JD: a like new 2013 Patagonia Houdini windshirt. Men's XL size, measuring 25" across the armpits, 31" back length and 37" from the center of the collar to the cuff. This ...

In Gear Swap » FS: Patagonia 2013 Houdini Windshirt, Men's XL, Bright Green
January 28, 6:28pm

Re: Which manufacturers make Rain Chaps?
Equinox makes 'em in silnylon http://www.equinoxltd.com/the-gear/raingear/full-moon-ultralite-chaps.cfm

In GEAR » Which manufacturers make Rain Chaps?
January 28, 6:11pm

Re: osprey pack owners need help
Try searching on "stow on the go" instead. The second link is a PDF on the Talon series with some good close ups. I had a couple Osprey packs and never used the feature, finding it cl...

In Make Your Own Gear » osprey pack owners need help
January 27, 12:04pm

Re: Re: Re: day hike rain gear
Oh, let me complicate it for you :) Ponchos are great for day hiking as they can provide emergency shelter as well as rain gear. Someone needs to step up with a nice SUL poncho now that GoL...

In GEAR » Houdini in wet snow - how long before it wets out?
January 26, 12:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.