Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Kyle Purcell (dufus934) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale North Texas
About Me I'm a Bible believing follower of Christ. I've been backpacking for about 15 years now. A few of things that I'm really interested in are making my own gear, survival techniques and gear. I have a lot of questions and a few answers.
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://www.uriahthevagabond.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kyle Purcell

Showing 161 - 170 of 174 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Forum » Thread

HEET and Iso
I mixed HEET and 91% Iso together and I got a good clean burn. 1/2 & 1/2 was the mixture i used and it was very clean. I am going to try to see how little HEET i can use and still get a burn ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Finished Stove, but problems.
October 23, 12:14pm

fuel may be the problem
I think the fuel is the problem. I was burning just isoprpal alcohol. Going to try HEET and denatured alcohol. Maybe mix?

October 23, 9:21am

denatured alcohol?
what are the pros and cons of denatured alcohol? from what i can tell it burns clean but was about $5.50 a quart to buy. guess that is not to bad but there are cheaper things that will burn. Is ...

In Make Your Own Gear » cleanest burning alcohol?
October 23, 9:19am

Finished Stove, but problems.
The stove I have been working on for a couple of days is finally done. However, there are a few problems. There are pics on my website here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/15718061@N02/sets/7215...

October 22, 9:06am

which stove? answer
Michael, I'm making the pressureized side burner stove, but I'm using a thumb skrew instead if the threaded rivet. That is also giving me some problems. The threads don't seem t...

In Make Your Own Gear » Stove Help PLEASE!!!
October 21, 8:57pm

stretching
Jason, The tool on the zen stoves website was suppose to stretch the can, but i don't know how long to leave it on there. how do you stretch a can when you do it?

October 21, 12:55pm

Stove Help PLEASE!!!
I have been driving myself mad this morning trying to get the cans of my stoves to fit into each other, and i seem to always manage to crimp or fold up one spot on the stove. I have tried the dila...

October 21, 12:25pm

cleanest burning alcohol?
I've been messing with a few things I have built today, but as i was testing them, i realized that there was alot of blackening going on at the base of my pot and creeping up the side. So, to ...

In Make Your Own Gear » cleanest burning alcohol?
October 21, 12:20pm

easy shelter design
Hey all, I'm wondering where i could go to find a VERY easy shelter design. I have made many stuff sacks and am happy with my results. I want to try an easy design first to get some seams ...

In Make Your Own Gear » easy shelter design
September 18, 12:34pm

binding tape
Hello all, I'm trying to get all the materials together for the six moons MYOG shelter, and I'm having a little trouble. Is there a website that has all the materials I'll need? ...

In Make Your Own Gear » binding tape
September 10, 10:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Kyle Purcell

Kyle Purcell has posted no reviews.