Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Damien Tougas (dtougas) - BPL Staff

My Locale Gaspé Peninsula
About Me Damien Tougas has not added a biography yet.
CityCascapedia-St-Jules
StateQC
CountryCanada
My Website URLhttp://www.outsideways.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Damien Tougas

Showing 161 - 170 of 299 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...30

Forum » Thread

Bushcooker LT III
After reading this thread, Don from Four Dog Stove offered to send me a Bushcooker LT III to try out. I have now had some time to play with it, and I have to say that this is a very good wood stove...

In GEAR » Evernew DX Stove Set Frustrations
July 05, 10:41am

Spyderco
I am really happy with my Spyderco Salt I: Light-weight, completely rust proof, and a bright yellow handle so that I am less likely to accidentally forget it on the top of the mountain like I did w...

In Editor's Roundtable » Benchmade 530 Folding Knife Review
June 30, 12:35pm

Re: wow
Great link, I would love to see photos of your moccasins.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiking in Moccasins
June 10, 7:11am

Stuff Sack Project
I just finished up my food bag / stuff sack / bear bag project. The details of how I did it are on my blog here but I thought I would share a couple of photos of how it turned out:

In Make Your Own Gear » Stuff Sack Project
June 09, 4:05pm

Rainshed
The Rain Shed (http://www.therainshed.com) also sells merino by the yard, the lightest being 4.8 oz/yard, so not quite as light as what you found.

In Make Your Own Gear » Merino wool by the yard
June 09, 4:00pm

Re: Minimalist footwear
Hello Ankar, no problem, glad you are appreciating the blog too. In terms of how long it takes the feet to handle sharp rocks, I guess that all depends. The biggest factor is how often and how/w...

June 08, 7:21pm

Minimalist footwear
I am usually wearing some type of minimalist footwear at all times either on or off the trail, for all activities. The majority of my foot strengthening happens when I am not on the trail.

June 07, 6:51am

No photos
I don't have any photos of the stove with the simmer ring on. I have decided to sell the stove (see the gear swap forum if you are interested) and check-out some of the other wood options.

June 01, 6:20pm

FS: Evernew Titanium DX Stove Set
I have an Evernew Titanium DX stove set for sale. This includes the stand, two power plates, and the alcohol burner. The stove has been used for one weekend burning both alcohol and wood. It is a l...

In Gear Swap » FS: Evernew Titanium DX Stove Set
June 01, 5:25pm

Re: Evernew DX stove set frustrations
William: I did try it with alcohol. It works well if you are boiling 4 cups and don't need to simmer. You will need a windscreen though. Probably would be fine for two people.

June 01, 7:57am

All Reader Reviews by Damien Tougas

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Four Dog Stove Bushcooker LT III
Disclosure: Four Dog Stove sent me this stove to test after reading about my frustrations with another wood stove. In return I agreed to post my impressions about the stove (good or bad) on this forum...

In Stoves - Other
July 12, 7:45pm