BPL Community Profile

Damien Tougas (dtougas) - BPL Staff

My Locale Gaspé Peninsula
About Me Damien Tougas has not added a biography yet.
CityCascapedia-St-Jules
StateQC
CountryCanada
My Website URLhttp://www.outsideways.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Damien Tougas

Showing 161 - 170 of 296 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...30

Forum » Thread

Stuff Sack Project
I just finished up my food bag / stuff sack / bear bag project. The details of how I did it are on my blog here but I thought I would share a couple of photos of how it turned out:

In Make Your Own Gear » Stuff Sack Project
June 09, 4:05pm

Rainshed
The Rain Shed (http://www.therainshed.com) also sells merino by the yard, the lightest being 4.8 oz/yard, so not quite as light as what you found.

In Make Your Own Gear » Merino wool by the yard
June 09, 4:00pm

Re: Minimalist footwear
Hello Ankar, no problem, glad you are appreciating the blog too. In terms of how long it takes the feet to handle sharp rocks, I guess that all depends. The biggest factor is how often and how/w...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiking in Moccasins
June 08, 7:21pm

Minimalist footwear
I am usually wearing some type of minimalist footwear at all times either on or off the trail, for all activities. The majority of my foot strengthening happens when I am not on the trail.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiking in Moccasins
June 07, 6:51am

No photos
I don't have any photos of the stove with the simmer ring on. I have decided to sell the stove (see the gear swap forum if you are interested) and check-out some of the other wood options.

In GEAR » Evernew DX Stove Set Frustrations
June 01, 6:20pm

FS: Evernew Titanium DX Stove Set
I have an Evernew Titanium DX stove set for sale. This includes the stand, two power plates, and the alcohol burner. The stove has been used for one weekend burning both alcohol and wood. It is a l...

In Gear Swap » FS: Evernew Titanium DX Stove Set
June 01, 5:25pm

Re: Evernew DX stove set frustrations
William: I did try it with alcohol. It works well if you are boiling 4 cups and don't need to simmer. You will need a windscreen though. Probably would be fine for two people.

June 01, 7:57am

Re: Evernew DX Stove Set Frustrations
Franco: I typically bring two stoves for cooking for 5, I don't try to do it all on one stove, however boiling 1500ml of water is often something I need to do. The trangia/clikstand combo do...

June 01, 7:55am

Re: "Evernew DX Stove Set Frustrations"
Eugene: I am beginning to think that "jack of all trades, master of none" is a very good analogy, at least based on my first impressions.

June 01, 7:51am

Evernew DX Stove Set Frustrations
I just picked-up this set about a week ago and took it for my first backpacking trip this past weekend. I was wooed by the prospect of burning wood, in addition to having a light-weight version of ...

May 31, 7:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Damien Tougas

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Four Dog Stove Bushcooker LT III
Disclosure: Four Dog Stove sent me this stove to test after reading about my frustrations with another wood stove. In return I agreed to post my impressions about the stove (good or bad) on this forum...

In Stoves - Other
July 12, 7:45pm