BPL Community Profile

Drew Jay (drewjh) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central Coast
About Me Drew Jay has not added a biography yet.
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear List2013 UL, M-SUL, & SUL lists

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Drew Jay

Showing 161 - 170 of 221 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

Alternate "staking" for the Hexamid
This site was basically solid rock, stakes wouldn't penetrate at all:

In Gear Lists » PCT through hike list
March 17, 3:13am

Verto
My build is totally different so I'm not sure I can help much re. sizing, but it does sound like to me like the Verto will probably fit bigger in the chest/shoulders than the Houdini.

In GEAR » Current best Houdini alternative?
March 09, 6:59pm

North Face Verto
You might keep an eye open for the North Face Verto on sale, I snagged one last year for $64. It's a great jacket.

In GEAR » Current best Houdini alternative?
March 09, 6:42pm

Arc Blast
I think this would easily fit into an Arc Blast. I have a very similar gear in terms of volume and can fit it into my Arc with a BV450 no problem. The Bearikade is only a couple inches taller than ...

In GEAR » What pack do you recommend for this gear?
March 09, 2:01am

Re: the arc
"Im curious if you can loosen the arc of the rods to essentially straight?" I made this mistake the first day I carried my Arc last summer. It compromises the weight transfer. Once I t...

In GEAR » ZPacks Arc Blast - Preliminary Observations
March 08, 2:50am

Arc Blast report
So a long overdue report on my Arc Blast: I took it on a 3.5 day/3night 40 mile loop on the July 4th weekend. I made a typical rookie mistake and packed far too much food for what was originall...

In GEAR » new zpacks pack: the arc blast
July 26, 3:29am

Re: Advice on Backpack: Crown VC 60 vs 2012 Mariposa
Yeah, the statement in the video is way off IMO. Whether it's a difference in the actual framesheet or just a matter of the thicker padding, the Vapor Trail is substantially stiffer than the Cr...

In GEAR » Advice on Backpack: Crown VC 60 vs 2012 Mariposa
July 26, 3:14am

Vapor Trail
Speaking of the Vapor Trail, you should consider it too. Better suspension and cushier than the Crown VC. It can be trimmed pretty close to 2lbs, my long comes in at 2,4 and I left the hydration sl...

In GEAR » Advice on Backpack: Crown VC 60 vs 2012 Mariposa
July 25, 1:13am

Bear spray
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but using bear spray on a person is illegal in the state of CA and several other states, even in self defense. Pepper spray in excess of 2.5oz is prohibited - b...

In GEAR » Solo Wilderness Security
July 22, 3:21am

Load lifters, mesh panel
The load lifters are sewn to the pack bag about 2.5" above the top of the shoulder strap attachment point (straps are sewn at an angle.) I asked for a little more torso length, so that distanc...

In GEAR » new zpacks pack: the arc blast
June 28, 8:48pm

All Reader Reviews by Drew Jay

Drew Jay has posted no reviews.