Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Drew Jay (drewjh) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Central Coast
About Me Drew Jay has not added a biography yet.
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear List2013 UL, M-SUL, & SUL lists

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Drew Jay

Showing 161 - 170 of 235 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

Dimensions
I am curious what the actual top width is when it is inflated. And how does it feel, does it have an unstable floaty feeling?

In GEAR » I just got my full sized BA q-core long wide
March 29, 4:46am

Side closures
"that after rolling the dry bag style closure the buckles are snapped to a side mounted mate instead of to each other?" Exactly. It would give more space if the mating buckles were sew...

In GEAR » What pack do you recommend for this gear?
March 27, 5:40pm

Pictures!!
Pictures added for all items.

In Gear Swap » Steripen,BA pad,Snowpeak bowl,ultralight & cheap rain shells sz L,Montbell Thermawrap vest XL,Icebreakers merino,Montbell pants, MSR Waterworks
March 27, 7:21am

Arc/Bear can
Yeah, the perspective is really skewed in that picture... There is a crossbar between the two stays that is 11" up from the bottom of the pack (measured along the curve.) The Bv450 cannot fit ...

March 27, 1:44am

Arc Blast/Bear can pic
Below is a picture of a BV450 in my standard sized Arc Blast. It is sitting just on top of the crossbar. The Scout is spec'd at the same length and a 1/4" more diameter. I think it would s...

March 26, 7:53pm

ALL SOLD
ALL SOLD I went through the gear closet and pulled some items that I am not using. All prices include shipping, contact me for potential package deals. Paypal preferred, pics available on requ...

In Gear Swap » Steripen,BA pad,Snowpeak bowl,ultralight & cheap rain shells sz L,Montbell Thermawrap vest XL,Icebreakers merino,Montbell pants, MSR Waterworks
March 26, 5:37am

SOLD
Items sold, thanks guys!

In Gear Swap » Stephensons Warmlite DAM,Microburst,Montbell vest,Jacks r Better sleeves,Snowpeak ti frypan,Icebreakers,MSR etc
March 26, 5:10am

Alcohol vs Canister
Lately I've been analyzing actual carry weight between different alcohol setups (Caldera Sidewinder, Flatcat, white box/bottle stoves, cat can, Zelph stoves etc.) vs the lightest canister setup...

In GEAR » Starting to doubt using my alcohol stove for cannister
March 24, 11:03pm

Nook
You could swap the Nook for the highest capacity iPhone battery case you can find, they usually run 2.5-3oz. Then get the Nook app for your phone. That way you still have an eReader, and a protecti...

In Gear Lists » Critique my CT/JMT-Thru List
March 22, 10:45pm

Isopropyl
This is exactly what my bottle stove was doing when I was experimenting with isopropyl blends. Out of control yellow sooty flame and super quick burn times, sometimes so quick it never reached boil...

In GEAR » First alcohol stove
March 22, 10:03pm

All Reader Reviews by Drew Jay

Drew Jay has posted no reviews.