BPL Community Profile

Don Meredith (donmeredith) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SouthEast
About Me 39 year old living in Greenville, SC. I grew up playing in the woods of the PeeDee region of SC. I'm an avid cyclist with a new found passion for bikepacking. I do most of my bike camping, hiking, kayaking and cycling in SC, NC & GA. I've settled in at about 10 to 12 pounds completely loaded at this point - a balance of comfort walking and in camp.
CityGreenville
StateSouth Carolina
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://lightpack.blogspot.com
My PDF Gear ListOvernight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Don Meredith

Showing 161 - 170 of 477 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...48

Forum » Thread

Contact Lens
Just put what you need in the case and use that alone. Its fine for a couple of nights.

In GEAR » Contact Lens
June 28, 12:24pm

MLD Burn
Yeah, I'm getting a little antsy to get my hands on mine too, Bender. I ordered mine on 4/26. Seems like 2 years ago. :D I talked to Ron a few weeks back. The bar tacking on the shoulder str...

In GEAR » MLD Burn
June 06, 7:27pm

Sea To Summit - UltraSil Daypack
I can't wait to see your progress! I gave this pack a hard look at the shop several weeks back. I ultimately decided to leave it on the rack because I want to keep my gear list simple (& I ...

In GEAR » Sea To Summit - UltraSil Daypack
June 06, 5:42am

Looking for advice... Grace Duo + MLD Serenity for Cascades summer?
Rakesh, great choice on your setup. I know from first-hand experience that you'll like the system. If you have any issues or questions shoot me an email... I'll be glad to offer any insight...

In GEAR » Looking for advice... Grace Duo + MLD Serenity for Cascades summer?
June 05, 9:52am

The Shortest Bikepacking Trip on Record
Well, I got everything packed but the weather kept me from going anywhere this weekend. I took photos of the setup instead. Here are a few shots. There's more detail on my blog. Don ...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » The Shortest Bikepacking Trip on Record
May 31, 11:19am

FS: 2009 MLD Grace Duo - Cuben
I'm surprised this one hasn't been snapped up yet. I use the exact same tarp as my main shelter and love it. I wish someone had one for sale when I picked mine up... the 6 week wait from ML...

In Gear Swap » FS: 2009 MLD Grace Duo - Cuben
May 31, 10:13am

High Visibility Stakes
Its definitely not Titanium Nitride. All kinds of colors are available. I chose yellow to get them to stand out, of course. The guy that did the work for me is RD at Shawnee Trail Performance Coati...

In GEAR » High Visibility Stakes
May 21, 9:38pm

High Visibility Stakes
I just got some stakes back from being ceramic coated in yellow to make them more visible. (MSR Groundhogs, MSR Needle & titanium J-stakes) I don't see the orange that you typically get ver...

In GEAR » High Visibility Stakes
May 21, 12:09pm

Got Tech?
Roger, If you have trouble moving the big boy you might have luck over on bikepacking.net. That's a small community of cyclist / campers very similar to here. I've moved an item or two t...

In Gear Swap » Got Tech?
May 20, 1:13pm

WM Caribou MF Sleeping bag, is it any good
I used this bag for a few years and regret selling it. I wouldn't push it too far beyond the temperature rating. This is especially true if you aren't in an enclosed shelter. Used as rated ...

In GEAR » WM Caribou MF Sleeping bag, is it any good
May 17, 9:10am

All Reader Reviews by Don Meredith

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Tarptent Contrail
My Contrail lives up to every aspect of my expectations except one,the web page claims that it has a one piece bathtub floor, this is not the case, mine has a seam across the the floor about 2 feet fr...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
February 13, 7:09am