Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Goodyear (dmgoody) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale mid-west
About Me David Goodyear has not added a biography yet.
StateMIchigan
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Goodyear

Showing 161 - 170 of 402 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...41

Forum » Thread

synthetic insulation debate
I need help settling a debate with a hiking buddy of mine. All of my insulating garments have primaloft as their primary insulation. He asserts that Polarguard is a much superior insulation. I have...

In Make Your Own Gear » synthetic insulation debate
November 16, 8:43am

dumb down question may cause downageddon
OK, to start - My knowledge of "down" related clothing and gear is minimal. I have stayed away from it because of its problems with moisture. Has anyone thought of or experimented with a ...

In Make Your Own Gear » dumb down question may cause downageddon
November 15, 10:49pm

re:Waterproof socks"
I've used the sealskins and found them to be very comfortable. The make a crew and over the calf style. Dave

In GEAR » Waterproof socks
November 09, 8:52pm

platy not for the winter
You want to keep it simple in the winter. Wide mouth, easy to fill old style hard sided nalgene with extra BPA's. Make sure that the threads are clean and dry - no ice. and that you put it in a...

In Winter Hiking » Platypus to warm Sleeping Bag?
November 07, 9:20pm

thanks
Thanks Scott, Looks like what I am looking for may already be available. I guess you need to know what to Google. Dave. P.S. I think that I have enough projects to keep me busy for the e...

In Make Your Own Gear » the everything gaiter
November 05, 6:53pm

the everything gaiter
Just thinking of a new project. Our group has been known to walk through some rough areas. A few of them have gotten pretty scratched up - one person’s shin ended up badly infected and had to go...

In Make Your Own Gear » the everything gaiter
November 05, 7:18am

pack jumping
Daryl, You've invented a new sport - pack jumping - now everyone is going to copy your design. You just need a few mind numbed MTV'ers to be your test subjects. Seriously now, you ...

In Make Your Own Gear » One-Size-Fits-All Pack
November 05, 6:52am

good idea
Daryl, Since you are going to carry your sleeping pad anyway, why not put to work. It is a simple lightweight solution. Although I am partial to a modular (tube Or luxury lite), this seems like ...

In Make Your Own Gear » One-Size-Fits-All Pack
November 04, 4:30am

na
I have had no problems and I have been using them for years. You will get a little build-up, but I just scrape it off with a plastic knife and put it in the dishwasher. I do use a titanium pot thou...

In GEAR » Esbit Corrosive?
November 02, 9:06pm

Good thread.
My hiking style is always off trail, thus I carry more than the usual hiker. I have sewn small loops into the pockets of my hiking pants and everything I need is on a lanyard. Here is a page from t...

In GEAR » Survival Equipment
October 29, 5:45pm

All Reader Reviews by David Goodyear

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

caldera cone w gram cracker esbit stove snow peak solo
Just returned from a 4 day bushwhacking trip. This setup achieved 2 near boils (small bubbles) per esbit tab. Morning and night temps in the mid 30's - water taken from cold creeks. I allotted 4 t...

In Stoves - Other
October 08, 7:52am

Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1
I bought this tent before becoming a member of this site. When I read the review of the SL-1, I was worried about its stability and durability. I am not a tarp camper so the seedhouse seemed to be the...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 12, 7:22am