BPL Community Profile

Dirk Rabdau (dirk9827) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Dirk Rabdau has not added a biography yet.
StateWashington

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dirk Rabdau

Showing 161 - 170 of 657 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...66

Forum » Thread

Re: Travis, salivating for GNP.
Geez, beautiful if a bit unsettling. Anyhow, those are the biggest marmots I've ever seen. ;)

In Photography » Marmot on a rock
August 27, 12:14am

Re: Marmot on a rock
Thank you. That marmot did everything in it's power to allow me to get a good photo or two. He just hung out and let me set up one of those mini-tripod things to make my point-and-shoot take a ...

August 26, 6:15pm

Re: In search of the perfect lightweight solo tent!
+1 on the MSR Hubba. I've owned a lot of tents, and I keep using this when the weather goes bad on long hikes....It's not a bomber mountaineering tent. Nor is it close to be the lightest te...

In GEAR » In search of the perfect lightweight solo tent!
August 26, 6:12pm

Marmot on a rock
And another...

August 23, 2:14am

Michael, thanks!
Much appreciated for the info....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Grand Canyon Permits
August 18, 1:04am

Grand Canyon Permits
Hello all - Does anyone know how realistic it is to get a permit this late int he game for a mid-October Grand Canyon rim-to-rim hike? Dirk

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Grand Canyon Permits
August 17, 11:46pm

Great trip
I've basically done the trip a few years ago - the trip you are doing is one of the best trips going - I'd bring some bug spray as this year the Mosquitoes are out LATE. I just got back fro...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking: Trinity, Spider Meadow, Lyman Lakes, Image Lake, Buck Creek Pass, Trinity
August 17, 11:42pm

Re: Titanium stakes in a carry-on bag on flight
I have to agree with the general consensus - it's the luck of the draw. I've had stuff confiscated that was marginal at best, and been allowed to carry a pretty heavy duty tripod that would...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » titanium stakes in a carry-on bag on flight
August 14, 8:14pm

Or, we could just pass on the cookies
Before any existing NeoAir owner suffer buyer's remorse in the wake of the next gen NeoAir, let's remember this is a mere 15 percent weight savings. How about I just skip a beer or a couple...

In GEAR » New NeoAir Xlite and NeoAir Xtherm
August 08, 12:48am

Wrongful death lawsuit - Olympic National Park
A hiker was gored by a mountain goat last year in Olympic National Park by a mountain goat. His family will file suit against ONP seeking $10 million alleging wrongful death. This was a traged...

In On the Web » Wrongful death lawsuit - Olympic National Park
August 08, 12:36am

All Reader Reviews by Dirk Rabdau

Dirk Rabdau has posted no reviews.