BPL Community Profile

Diane Pinkers (dipink) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Western Washington
About Me I started backpacking again in 2008, after a long hiatus---I haven't been since I was a kid. Loving learning about a different way to hike---backpacking was no fun when I was a teen-ager, stuff was too heavy! Completed my dream of hiking the Wonderland Trail in 2010, now onto more hikes in the Cascades and Olympics.
StateWashington
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Diane Pinkers

Showing 161 - 170 of 528 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...53

Forum » Thread

Rain pants
For lightweight rain pants, try the GoLite Tumalo rain pants. Have worked really well for me in PNW, not terribly expensive, less bulky but more sturdy than Frog Toggs, which might be the other go...

In Gear Lists » Beating a dead wind pant horse
June 13, 12:57pm

wind pants
You're right, for actual rain rain pants are necessary. However, I often go out when it isn't raining (it does happen in the PNW), but need a little wind block in the cool of the evening b...

In GEAR » Intresting UL wind pants from dance world
June 13, 7:41am

So, have these stood the test of time?
Has everyone who has ordered these used these enough to say they'd buy them again? How about putting them on over shoes, since they have no ankle zippers? I've been using the Montbell win...

In GEAR » Intresting UL wind pants from dance world
June 12, 12:18pm

wind pants in warm rain
"If you're putting wind pants on in the rain to stay warm doesn't that mean its cold enough that rain pants would be comfortable?" At that point, rain pants would have been too...

June 11, 5:21pm

Just my recent experience
Just recently I've taken to wearing running tights or shorts with a mini-skirt for my legs, and carrying wind pants. So far, so good. Went on an overnight last week-end on the coast, weather w...

June 11, 12:40pm

separate charger, but USB capacity
Hey, Tony, maybe I didn't describe clearly what I'm looking for. I get that I'm going to have to purchase a separate charger, outside the camera. What I really wanted was a charger th...

In Photography » charging camera batteries via USB
June 10, 4:19pm

charging camera batteries via USB
I have a Canon Powershot SX260 HS--really, really like it, seems to be a good compromise between weight and function. Please note I am not a true camera geek, just like to be able to take decent p...

In Photography » charging camera batteries via USB
June 10, 3:05pm

Working better now
I shoved 3 60 cc syringefuls of white vinegar backflushed through the filter, then 3-4 syringes of hot water. Working better now, even with the modifications as described. I filled my dirty water...

In GEAR » sawyer squeeze disappointment
June 10, 2:55pm

bear can in 50
When I ordered mine, there weren't any size options, so I have the 50L. I use a BearVault 500, and it fits in my pack, but there aren't very many rolls at the top. You have to make sure it...

In GEAR » Zpacks Arc Blast users
June 10, 9:56am

hip belt pocket mod
I just had my first week-end out with my Arc Blast. Loved it! Still have to work on how I pack it--I'm lightweight, not ultralight, and I had to carry a bear cannister with it. Worked great ...

In GEAR » Zpacks Arc Blast users
June 09, 10:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Diane Pinkers

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Outpace Parka
The Outpace Parka is a decent jacket, but it has some design details that could be better. It sheds rain really well. It is pretty light and packable. Its breathability seems to be fairly good, alth...

In Clothing - Raingear
January 19, 11:54am