Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bradley Danyluk (dasbin) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Bradley Danyluk hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Bradley Danyluk has not added a biography yet.
CityVancouver
StateBC
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bradley Danyluk

Showing 161 - 170 of 286 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...29

Forum » Thread

Down
Why does down not fit the bill? It's more durable than any of the synthetics if you treat it ok. It takes many (gentle) washings very well. Also, something that will "take you down to 3...

In GEAR » A slightly different insulation?
October 17, 7:42pm

Baffles
Perhaps the down has shifted into adjacent baffles. Not sure if that bag has continuous baffles or not. You can try pushing it into the empty baffles.

In GEAR » Western Mountaineering Warranty?
October 10, 9:58pm

one intepretation
Well, typically lower fill-power bags or garments will have more down in them. Although a lower amount of higher fill-power down is capable of lofting up and filling the same space as more lower fi...

In GEAR » Down
October 10, 9:54pm

Just my luck...
Great. I was taking my Goat poles apart to provide a photo of the expander mechanism for this thread, and pulled the lower section out at a slight angle by accident. The expander popped out under s...

In GEAR » Time to get trekking poles. What do I look for?
October 05, 8:58pm

TiGoat
I've got the Ti Goat poles. Love the weight, and they actually feel a lot better in use than my old Komperdell aluminum poles with shock absorbers did. I think this is because I value vibration...

In GEAR » Time to get trekking poles. What do I look for?
October 04, 10:08pm

Signal strength
SPOT has a transmission strength of 0.5 watts. FastFind has a transmission strength of 5.0 watts. Unfortunately, this isn't just a difference in stats. Real-world tests have shown quite a f...

In GEAR » Spot 2 vs. McMurdo Fast Find
October 03, 11:15pm

Cookware
"#3 Never washing cookware, and believing the probable lie propagated by some "lightweight backpacking enthusiasts" that it will sterilize itself the next time you boil water in it.&...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hand Sanitizers: My Journey Towards Discovering Best Practices for Wilderness Hygiene
September 02, 12:35pm

Wide angle lenses on DSLR's
I've looked into this issue pretty extensively when I had my D5000. If you want a lens smaller / lighter than the kit lens, while being as wide or wider, your only option is a fisheye prime, wh...

In Photography » make my DLSR mountain-ready!
August 24, 10:24am

Re: Re: Canister Stoves
I was in cycling France last summer and it was almost impossible to fine canisters that would fit the Pocket Rocket. All they had everywhere was Camping Gaz.

In GEAR » Help me Reduce my Base Weight!!!
July 17, 12:10pm

Caldera fuel bottle.
Mine leaked almost immediately too. I chucked it after its third trip. Not sure what it is about that lid design but it doesnt create a good seal.

In GEAR » Had some gear issues - Aloksak, Caldera-H
July 14, 11:15am

All Reader Reviews by Bradley Danyluk

Bradley Danyluk has posted no reviews.