BPL Community Profile

Danny Milks (dannymilks) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Sierras
About Me After having worked for four years at UC Davis Outdoor Adventures (as an assistant manager and guide) and two years at Shasta Mountain Guides (as a guide), my wife and I have decided it's time for a change. We got rid of everything we owned and are now in the midst of a multi-year world travel. We are mostly interested in healthy food and backpacking in all of the great mountain ranges. When we had a "home" we enjoyed cycling, backcountry skiing, running, and gardening.
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://trektogether.blogspot.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Danny Milks

Showing 161 - 170 of 221 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

Timing, llamas and thanks!
Paul - we were in Bolivia in June of last year. This trek took place in the early part of the month. We don't have great internet connection right now, so I'll have to look up our route...

In Editor's Roundtable » Keeping it Real in Bolivia’s Cordillera Real: Global Test Photo Essay
May 05, 7:14am

Re: Illegal Mining
Hi Andrew, Thank you for shining light onto some of the underlying issues of these smaller mines. The line between legal and illegal was murky in some of the places we traveled to.

In Editor's Roundtable » Keeping it Real in Bolivia’s Cordillera Real: Global Test Photo Essay
May 05, 7:03am

Amazing work.
Thank you so much for putting together this seminal article. For us backpacking nerds, this is fascinating. I am eager to see what comes next. It is also another reason why BPL is the leader in...

In Editor's Roundtable » Apparatus for Testing Thermal Insulation Properties
April 26, 3:37pm

Re: RE: Hiking the Santa Cruz Loop in Peru’s Cordillera Blanca: Global Test Photo Essay
Hi Michael, I think you'll be fine with your bag. Kristin and I shared a 40 degree GoLite Feather, which was a zipperless hoodless bag that had been split down the back to make a two-person ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hiking the Santa Cruz Loop in Peru’s Cordillera Blanca: Global Test Photo Essay
April 26, 2:01pm

Re: Re: Hiking the Santa Cruz Loop in Peru’s Cordillera Blanca: Global Test Photo Essay
Hi Tom, Thanks for the note. Our backpacking trips were typically 3-7 days. The longer trips were in Torres del Paine for 10 days and Los Glaciares (Fitz Roy/El Chalten) for 9 days.

In Editor's Roundtable » Hiking the Santa Cruz Loop in Peru’s Cordillera Blanca: Global Test Photo Essay
April 26, 11:48am

Re: Re: Southward Bound
Hi Cam, You're absolutely right - I read the two posts and mashed them together in my response. I apologize. A simple alcohol stove would be great for one person. A wood burning stove wou...

April 26, 11:44am

Re: Re: Southward Bound
Michael, Cam has some great ideas in his post about locations. Thanks for chiming in Cam! BPL has published a few photo essays about our travels, and will publish several more in the coming mon...

April 25, 2:25am

Re: Re: Hiking the Santa Cruz Loop in Peru’s Cordillera Blanca: Global Test Photo Essay
Hi Jack, Thanks for the post. We often camped above 4000meters in the Cordillera Blanca and Cordillera Huayhuash, as well as other ranges in southern Peru and northern Bolivia. It was May and June...

April 25, 2:16am

Packs and Pack Animals
Ruben - You can find our initial gear list in our first article: The Global Test: One Gear List for Two Years and Five Continents To answer your question: Kristin has a GoLite Jam2 (2008), women...

April 20, 2:05am

Bariloche - Patagonia
Scott - We went to Bariloche in January 2010, after we had already trekked in Tierra del Fuego, Torres del Paine, and Los Glaciares (Fitz Roy). Bariloche is generally considered to be at th...

In Editor's Roundtable » Home Away From Home In Argentina’s Lake District: Global Test Photo Essay
March 30, 2:32pm

All Reader Reviews by Danny Milks

Danny Milks has posted no reviews.