Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Myers (dallas) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale North Texas
About Me John Myers has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Myers

Showing 161 - 170 of 261 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Forum » Thread

Where Scouts get their gear
>my Scoutmaster pointed out that I would not be able to help others by carrying some people's gear who packed like idiots< Most Scouts have gear that was purchased for them by their pa...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Solo Tarps and Gear
June 29, 12:54pm

Re: Balaclava question for Roger Caffin and other cold weather experts
For temperatures that are no colder than the 20's I use a Turtlefur blalclava in camp and to supplement my sleep system. I found that one to be the warmest and most comfortable of the 'flee...

In GEAR » Balaclava question for Roger Caffin and other cold weather experts
June 09, 7:10am

Re: Canister Stoves and Fuel
They do have MSR isobutane canisters in addition to the Powermax. Last year we used a white gas stove and a MSR Windpro. The Windpro was better by far.

In Philmont » Backpacking Light @ Philmont
June 05, 7:11am

Re: Cheapest and Lightest rain gear
I 2nd the Dri Ducks option. Just got a set (jacket and pants) on sale at Bass Pro. $10 The newer version is also lighter than the older set.

In GEAR » Cheapest and Lightest rain gear
June 05, 7:00am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hammocks & Lightning
And Nothing Good can come of being in a tent piched next to that tree either. I suspect that the mathmatical odds of lightning injury are pretty much the same whether you are in a hammock or no...

In GEAR » Hammocks & Lightning
June 05, 5:37am

Dri Ducks
+3 on the Dri Ducks. This is my preferred rain gear. Light, packable, breathable and also good for wind. I got mine on sale for $10 (jacket and pants) and prefer it over my $99 Marmot Precip. Th...

In GEAR » Frogg Toggs
May 19, 9:21am

Re: Re: Philmont cooking
We basically did the same thing when we went last year, but instead of turkey bags we just used the plastic bags that the Philmont food came it, and we didn't use cozies. They would usually fin...

In Gear Lists » Philmont gear selection..
May 18, 1:49pm

McHale
PM sent

In Gear Swap » McHale SARC0 for sale
May 15, 6:25pm

Re: Spinntex vs. Cuban fiber
I have the GG Squall Classic in spinnaker and a MLD cuben tarp so I have had the chance to sleep below both fabrics. Both are good, but my observation is that the cuben is significantly stronger th...

In GEAR » Spinntex vs. Cuban fiber
May 15, 2:01pm

CT
Sweet! I'm taking my son next month. We'll probably do sections 3 thru 8 or 9. Am really looking forward to it. Hope you can post the photos soon.

In Post-Trip Reports » Colorado Trail Section 1-5
May 14, 9:36am

All Reader Reviews by John Myers

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zpacks Exo with external stays
I recently returned from a 10 day trek at Philmont Scout Ranch and took a ZPack Exo external frame pack. My base weight was 10 pounds but I wanted a pack that could handle the extra weight and volu...

In Backpacks - External Frame
June 26, 1:55pm