BPL Community Profile

John Myers (dallas) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale North Texas
About Me John Myers has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Myers

Showing 161 - 170 of 253 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Forum » Thread

Re: Spinntex vs. Cuban fiber
I have the GG Squall Classic in spinnaker and a MLD cuben tarp so I have had the chance to sleep below both fabrics. Both are good, but my observation is that the cuben is significantly stronger th...

In GEAR » Spinntex vs. Cuban fiber
May 15, 2:01pm

CT
Sweet! I'm taking my son next month. We'll probably do sections 3 thru 8 or 9. Am really looking forward to it. Hope you can post the photos soon.

In Post-Trip Reports » Colorado Trail Section 1-5
May 14, 9:36am

Backcountry Sale - up to 40% off
Memorial Day sale has started. www.backcountry.com Also, Steep & Cheap camping items sale today 10am - 2pm MST

In Gear Deals » Backcountry Sale - up to 40% off
May 13, 10:50am

Raccoon?
Possibly a raccoon. Those thieving rascals will take anything, even if they can't eat it. Plus they are smart, strong and have nimble hands that can get into almost anything.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What kind of animal eats Polycryo Groundsheets?
May 13, 7:49am

AGG pot
+ 3 on the AGG 2 quart pot. I got mine from their "bargain basement" for $5.00. On my scales the pot weighs 4.2 oz and the lid is another 1.7 oz. Hey Andrew, is the pack in your av...

In GEAR » pot size for 3
May 12, 6:45am

ancient backpack
Actually, some of those older backpacks are lighter than they look, and if you are carrying some of your son's gear and most of the food & water, a framed pack may be a better bet than a fr...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Father/son getting started
May 06, 9:23am

Father/Son Gear
Michael, If I can offer my perspective, I have 2 sons in scouts now, one 15 and nearing his eagle rank and the other 11 and just joined. I have learned the hard way that it is better to go ahead a...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Father/son getting started
April 29, 9:53am

Inov-8 insoles
I also use the green superfeet in my Roclite 295's. Works great for me. I didn't even need to trim them.

In GEAR » Insoles for Inov-8
April 28, 10:09am

WTB - Montbell UL SS #1
Need a long, left zip. I'm sure most of you have an extra one laying around gathering dust that you feel you should get rid of.

In Gear Swap » WTB - Montbell UL SS #1
April 24, 1:38pm

Side Sleep
Also, to answer one of your questions, I usually sleep on my side in my hammocks. And even though I sleep on the diagonal and lie almost totally flat, I cannot sleep on my stomach. My head and ...

In GEAR » how to hammock camp?
April 24, 11:33am

All Reader Reviews by John Myers

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zpacks Exo with external stays
I recently returned from a 10 day trek at Philmont Scout Ranch and took a ZPack Exo external frame pack. My base weight was 10 pounds but I wanted a pack that could handle the extra weight and volu...

In Backpacks - External Frame
June 26, 1:55pm