Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Daniel Goldenberg (dag4643) - BPL Guest

My Locale Pacific Northwet
About Me Daniel Goldenberg has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListSummer Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Daniel Goldenberg

Showing 161 - 170 of 889 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...89

Forum » Thread

Re: Exped synamat ul 7
Hi David, Do you first try to get as much air out of the pad before storage?

In GEAR » Exped synamat ul 7 vs neoair
April 19, 2:32pm

Re: Exped synamat ul 7 vs neoair
Just bought one of these over the weekend with my REI dividend. What are you synmaters doing for inflation? inflating by mouth? How about storage? The instructions say to store unrolled with the...

In GEAR » Exped synamat ul 7 vs neoair
April 19, 1:15pm

Re: Re: Comfortable Headphones to Sleep With??
+ on the pillow speaker. I use one at home every night and used to use one on the trail, but now I just stick my iphone under my pillow at a very low volume and it works just as good. You can ge...

In GEAR » Comfortable Headphones to Sleep With??
April 18, 10:28am

Re: Post Hike Rituals
For multiple-day hikes, I'll usually stock a clean change of clothes in the trunk of my car. So, a change of clothing -- then BEER and food. :) +1 Except I usually stock a case of beer in...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Post-hike rituals
April 15, 2:12pm

Re: re: MLD love
I find a framed pack with good load transfer WAY more comfortable than a pack carried all on the shoulders, even with a pack weight of 15 lbs.

In GEAR » Re-thinking the Big 3....
April 14, 2:01pm

Re: Minimalist Gear List
If the goal is to reduce items (without taking into account enjoyment of trip/personal preferences, etc) to obtain a minimalist list: 1. You can just stop at Subway on the way to the trailhead a...

In Gear Lists » Minimalist Gear List
April 13, 3:40pm

Re: Synmat UL7
I've really got my eye on this one, after my debacle with the neoair paid (I got cold in the 40's)

In GEAR » Synmat UL7?
April 12, 2:55pm

USA Kitchen
Open Country Aluminum pots (and I think the AGG anodized pots) are made in the USA. And of course, the Backcountry Boiler is made in the USA. Lots of USA cottage gear alchohol stoves (too num...

In GEAR » Creating an ALL USA MADE UL Gear List
April 11, 1:12pm

Re: Alternative rainwear
Alpinelite gear microburst poncho/tarp (shaped tarp) http://www.alpinlitegear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6

In GEAR » Alternative rainwear
April 07, 3:25pm

Re: Nunatak Quilt
Hi Frank, I don't think that is an arc-x. I bought an arc-x (around 2006 I think) and the fabric was a light blue color. Also, as the other poster mentioned the arc-x weighs about 16 oz. The...

In Gear Swap » Gossamer Gear Sleeplight Sleeping Bag
April 07, 1:16pm

All Reader Reviews by Daniel Goldenberg

Showing 1 - 10 of 10 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Ultralight Outdoor Gear (UK) Various
In Great Britain. Excellent selection of goods. This review is written from the perspective of somebody living in the USA. While a majority of the products will be available in the USA, there are many...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 26, 7:17pm

Six Moon Designs Serenity NetTent
This is an initial review based on setting up the shelter in my backyard. The Serenity NetTent is a fully enclosed bug shelter with integrated floor designed for use with the gatewood cape, or as a st...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
March 14, 9:29am

Backcountry.com
I've ordered many times from backcountry.com, and a few times from their outlet (steepandcheap.com) and had great service. The shipping is super fast. On a Wednesday night I placed an order, Thurs...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 18, 8:11am

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
This is a real nice shirt for hot weather. I also own the eco mesh shirt and I like this one better since you can roll up the sleeves better. There are a few things I don't like however: 1. ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 09, 11:17am

Zeiss Mini Quick
A 5x10 monocular. 0.7 oz. The size of a large pen. Clips to your shirt pocket. A pair of binoculars would be nice to have but the lightest pairs are about 1/2 lb, so a bit of a luxury for the ultralig...

In Miscellaneous Products
November 04, 9:35pm

Java Juice Coffee Extract
This stuff is really great! I'm primarily an espresso drinker and don't like most drip coffee. This stuff to me tastes better than drip coffee, even that made from good fresh beans. Up till now I've b...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
February 22, 6:55pm

GU Energy Gel
This stuff actually works great. Unlike energy bars, these are easily and quickly digested and give you a pretty quick energy boost. They are just the thing to get you going when the energy is getting...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
August 09, 9:10pm

Photon Freedom Micro (White)
This latest version is just awsome, it puts out a lot of light for it's size. The light currently seems to be packaged with the optional clip (a $4.95 value). The clip really is a de-rigour item. ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
August 09, 8:58pm

Smartwool Microweight Fitted T
I've long been a fan of wool for cooler weather but this is the first wool garment I've been able to wear in really hot weather. Well made with a good fit. breathes well. I honestly can't think of ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
August 09, 9:20am

Granite Gear Airspace Stuffsacks
These are silnylon stuffsacks but rectangular shaped and with a zipper down the middle. They are like a men's toiletry bag but made with ultralight materials. The nylon is kind of a translucent white ...

In Miscellaneous Products
August 04, 9:03am