Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

JASON CUZZETTO (cuzzettj) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale NorCal - South Bay
About Me I love the wilderness and UL gear.
I went on my first backpacking trip in Oregon when I was 6 weeks old (AUG72). It snowed all night long. When day light came I was the only thing left dry. Just wish I could remember it!

In 2000 my first UL trip resulted in a night hike to stay warm. Wrong gear.

Finished the BPL Scouting course (May 2010). Very cool. It was like closing a door. I feel like I can teach the principals now.
CityCampbell
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by JASON CUZZETTO

Showing 161 - 170 of 224 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

Searing Fabric Edges
For cutting I use a $6.00 Weller souldering iron and a brass adapter, about $3.00, called an HK11 that will sandwich in any kind of exacto blade or scalpel blade. The cheapest weller iron takes sc...

In Make Your Own Gear » Searing Fabric Edges
January 07, 10:53am

"Lightweight Backpacking Gear for Kids, Food and games/crafts"
I started packing with my kids when they were about 2. Some started at 3 and my last is starting this tear at 5. All trips with the youngest ones have been less than 4 miles. I have even "s...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Backpacking Gear for Kids
January 06, 6:23pm

RE: What do you do for a living
Tommy, I have been a soldier. That was OK. I was a polotical assistant... That was interesting. I was a paramedic... That was the best job I ever had. Now I work at a company that ...

In Chaff » What do you do for a living
January 04, 1:58pm

RE: snow pants and sweating in down
I have better luck with down pulling moisture away from me also.

In Winter Hiking » snow pants
January 04, 1:48pm

"Sleeping bag questions"
Step1: Go to the Reader "Review Index" on the right side of your screen. This will help you with general knowledge and information about pads, quilts and any other gear you may be looki...

In Winter Hiking » Sleeping bag questions
January 04, 11:27am

"Continue with BPL Membership?"
Now that is what I am talking about. Compare the low cost with the middle and the overly expensive. I don't mind paying the money but choose not to because I am not sure how the clothing or o...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Continue with BPL Membership?
January 03, 5:27pm

Boy Meets Girl
My wife always makes sure we sleep with the zippers facing away from eachother... No wonder she makes us use sleeping bags instead of blakets in the house too!!! Thank you for the eye opene...

In Chaff » Sleeping bag zipper
January 02, 4:28pm

"Ultra Minimalist"
Sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun! I would suggest just a few things. First, unless massive comfort is optimal get yourself the Jam 2 backpack from GoLite. It is excellent for wha...

In Philosophy & Technique » Ultra Minimalist
January 02, 4:13pm

"What are your sleeping bag(s) for different temps?"
I use a Lafuma 600 (synthetic) for anything above 45F. 20 oz. I use a Sierra Designs 15F bag (8 years old - name?) for anything that will stay above 0F. For anything colder than this I use a...

In GEAR » What are your sleeping bag(s) for different temps?
January 02, 2:46pm

"Any other sleeping techniques?"
Good thinking. At this time of year you are going to save weight over layers unless you have them really thought out ahead of time.

In Philosophy & Technique » Any other sleeping techniques?
December 21, 4:35pm

All Reader Reviews by JASON CUZZETTO

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Appy Trails Mark 5
Mark V – Appy Trails – Can’t beat the price! First of all, the price on this tarp tent is dead on. At $120.00 it is a fantastic deal. Manufacturer’s Specs: Sleeping capacity: 5 Average minimum we...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
February 28, 2:10pm

End2End Trail Supply GramWeenie
There is a lot of information in the other reviews so I will keep this simple. I bought both the Gram Weenie and it's big brother the Pro. Here is what I found. I used the small one first wit...

In Stoves - Alcohol
May 20, 1:55pm

Light My Fire Spork
***Update MRE Spoon, Titanium Spork, Lexan Fork, knife, spoon, and spork... The Light My Fire Spork looks cool, works great! I agree that the only down side is the length... But then again I...

In Cookware - Other
July 25, 1:24pm

Evernew .9 Liter pot
No big deal if the insualtion burns off for me. That is what the bandana is for... or one of the things. Great volume for up to three people.

In Cookware - Titanium
July 25, 12:58pm

GoLite GoLite customer service
I agree. I sent them a couple of questions and a fix for their Web Site. I never new customer service reps could be so rude in their reply and they didn't even acknowledge they made a mistake an...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 15, 2:48pm

Golite Pinnacle Pack
Down from a 5 to a 4... But still a 5 to me. Want to know why? Read on... A few weeks ago I received the Golite Pinnacle Pack in the mail. I wanted the pack because I love the Jam Pack I purch...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 13, 11:14am

Petzl e+LITE
This is a great light. I bought it for hiking but I took it with me on a 4 day camping trip the other day. What I liked most it gave us plenty of light late into the night. My wife used it for hour...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
June 02, 5:57pm

Keen Arroyo 2
I have had a pair or Newport closed tow keen sandals for about 3 years now. I absolutely love them! So I talked my wife into purchasing the Arroyo 2 for the both of us - let's call it a hybrid ru...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
May 31, 11:57am