BPL Community Profile

pack nwcurt (curtpeterson) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me pack nwcurt has not added a biography yet.
StateWashington
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by pack nwcurt

Showing 161 - 170 of 415 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...42

Forum » Thread

Esbit Lighter
Tony - the dropper bottle is exactly what I've been doing for years. Great method and still probably my preferred for weight savings. Being honest, though, this lighter is just dead simple for ...

In GEAR » Esbit Lighter
March 24, 6:16pm

Olympic National Park in Late May
Even the valleys might not be clear in May. Peak snow is usually about now - March/April - and then starts to melt off. High country can be snowbound until August quite easily and even at just 2000...

In Winter Hiking » Olympic National Park in Late May
March 24, 8:30am

Esbit Lighter
For all the Esbit geeks out there, here's a neat little lighter. Not the lightest in the world (1.3oz filled on my scale), but it's refillable, telescopes to save burned fingers and reach i...

In GEAR » Esbit Lighter
March 24, 7:10am

Via Coffee
Rick - your coffee comments probably span close to 10 years on various boards by now. I love it! Glad to know I'm not the only one with a backcountry coffee addiction :) I genuinely hope you fi...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Via yeah-yeah
March 04, 2:02pm

Re: Re: help a big guy out
It costs double, but it's a full POUND less AND over 10" wider than the Marmot. That's a ton of girth increase in a sleeping bag world that is typically measured in 2-4" increment...

In GEAR » help a big guy out
February 04, 5:10pm

help a big guy out
You can end your search with a long sized MontBell Super Stretch bag. Not the cheapest, but you can find them for sale used (one sold here earlier today). Simply the best big guy bag on the planet ...

In GEAR » help a big guy out
February 04, 5:05pm

Clothing list for PNW hoh river trail
That's a pretty comprehensive list. Probably a bit heavy on the insulation in my opinion. You're unlikely to hit freezing temperatures even in the dead of winter in there - very unlikely in...

In Gear Lists » Clothing list for PNW hoh river trail
February 04, 7:39am

Durable pair of wool boxers?
Hi Brett, I've had really good luck with I/O Bio wool boxers. They fit great (I believe you're a big dude as well if I remember right) and are nice and thin. I like them thin so they'...

In GEAR » Durable pair of wool boxers?
February 04, 7:24am

Training & Workout
Good stuff in here. I'm a big fan of the minimum effective dose ideas. It's amazing what 20 minutes done right can achieve. I used to lift weights for hours everyday as a college athlete to...

In Philosophy & Technique » Training & Workout
January 29, 8:29am

eureka solitaire 44.95 shipped??
Thanks for the info, Troy! Much appreciated.

In Gear Deals » eureka solitaire 44.95 shipped??
January 28, 8:16am

All Reader Reviews by pack nwcurt

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Ultralight Fishing Rod Case 2"
I'd been looking for a light, tough fishing rod tube for a long time and was excited to find this option. Despite fantastic customer service with a special request and fast shipping, this rod tube qu...

In Miscellaneous Products
August 07, 11:57am

Lock Laces Shoe Laces Lock Laces Shoe Laces
I'll give the Lock-Laces that BPL sells a star for being incredibly comfortable during in-camp and flat trail duty, and another star for the quick and easy on-off they allow. But, they are not near...

In Miscellaneous Products
August 07, 11:43am

Backpacking Light Ti Esbit stove
If Esbit is the fuel choice, this little stand is a fantastic option. Fits the GSI double boilers well and my Snowpeak bowl nicely. The real appeal is the ridiculously light weight. I can tos...

In Stoves - Other
August 07, 11:35am