Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Peter McDonough (crazypete) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Above the Divided Line
About Me I backpack as the Studliest Studly Studmuffin of Studly Studliness who ever Studlied himself out of Studlyville.

I cut a large path while leaving no trace and carring less than three pounds in my pack.

If you want knowledge of some real scientific prinicples, talk to me and I will guide you to the sun.

See you on the other side.

And remember to keep to the mean.
CityForm of the Good
StateThe City
CountryUS of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Peter McDonough

Showing 161 - 170 of 221 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

Re: Camera Bag
Use a ziplock...and don't drop the camera....(ultralight isnt for the weak :) ) And for everyday use, go to walmart and buy a $5 case. Ultralight, basically waterproof, and cheaper and easier...

In Make Your Own Gear » Camera Bag
July 06, 9:30pm

Re: FS. BOZEMAN MT. WORKS VAPR BIVY
I would be interested except BPL sells the Vapr bivy new at a cost $60 less than you do...

In Gear Swap » FS. BOZEMAN MT. WORKS VAPR BIVY
July 05, 10:38pm

Re: Re: Jardine's Website
He is out to get us all.... :D

In On the Web » Jardine's Website
July 05, 12:53pm

Re: Freeze dried vs dehydrated calories
I would assume that the caloric content is the same, seeing as in both cases, only water is removed. Freeze dried is lighter because more water is taken out.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Freeze dried vs dehydrated calories
July 04, 1:30am

Re: Seam sealing NANO tarps
Why bother?? The tarps aren't big enougth to provide protection by themselves, thus you need a bivy sack. Since the bivy protects you from spendthrift, I say forget the seamsealing and dont worr...

In GEAR » Seam sealing NANO tarps
July 01, 5:07pm

Re: Try it without the headlamp.
Yes....I too can feel the ground beneath my feet...a close connection with nature unmatched by anything else...except perhaps for the pultrusion of a rock a few inches out of an otherwise completel...

In GEAR » Is this normal?
June 30, 1:55pm

Re: Re: Cave
Sorry, I decided I'm no longer interested.

In Gear Swap » FS: GoLite Cave1 and Nest1 for $100
June 29, 11:23pm

Cave
I'm interested in taking both, but only together. When you say "like new," what do you mean by that?? How many field days?? Can you upload some pictures??

In Gear Swap » FS: GoLite Cave1 and Nest1 for $100
June 27, 10:08pm

Re: Re: Purchasing Quick drying shoes
Anybody know the differance between the Delerion Low Pro and the Delerion Low??

In GEAR » Purchasing Quick drying shoes
June 21, 4:49pm

Re: Re: Help
Ohhhh yeah, and the grid for the yarn loops should be about 10" squares, not 18" as someone posted earlier, to give the quilt panel more structure.

In Make Your Own Gear » Help! Quilt Stitch - Foot Box
June 20, 11:54pm

All Reader Reviews by Peter McDonough

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Ether Wind Shirt (Wisp HP)
Of course you got clammy in it. The temperature was in the mid 60s. There is no need to wear a windshirt in the mid 60s unless you have a slight drizzle or there is a VERY VERY strong wind blowing. ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
March 16, 12:49pm