BPL Community Profile

Chris Muthig (cmuthig) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Georgia
About Me Chris Muthig has not added a biography yet.
CityAthens
StateGeorgia
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://kringlelight.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris Muthig

Showing 161 - 170 of 248 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

Re: Synthetic Quilt question
I actually just finished making a quilt with the 5oz Apex. I have a whole post that I am just about done with on how I went about making it. I should have it posted later today. The one thing I can...

In Make Your Own Gear » Synthetic Quilt question
November 15, 11:05am

Re: My new 10 oz Zimmer Built pack.
This pack looks amazing. Chris' work is always first class, and I have talked to him and received help with planning my own gear before. Really helpful guy. I really like the simplicity of ...

In GEAR » My new 10 oz Zimmer Built pack.
November 15, 10:38am

That's it
Brent, thanks for your description of the process. I did not remove the bottom, but instead was trying to fit the can from the top. I'm going to make my way to the store tonight to get some fre...

In Make Your Own Gear » Wood Stove Cans
November 07, 1:52pm

Wood Stove Cans
So I am trying to make a diy wood stove using a paint can. I have read several different threads with ways to do it, and they seem fine. My problem is I can't seem to find the right cans to use...

In Make Your Own Gear » Wood Stove Cans
November 06, 7:52pm

Terramar Reviews
I'm looking for base layers for this winter and was looking at the Terramar Microthermal pants for my legs. These would be something I would wear while hiking and at rest for a hopeful month lo...

In GEAR » Terramar Reviews
November 04, 8:09am

Grounded Hammock
+1 for using your hammock set up creatively. The first reason I can give for not buying the ZPacks is money, which always stops me in my tracks. Especially when it is something I will possibly ...

In GEAR » Talk me OUT of a Zpacks Hexamid
November 03, 6:58am

Re: Wearable quilts, why?
+1 on multi-function. I made myself a wearable quilt out of 2.5 apex for summer use and loved it so much that I am doing the same with 5 Apex now as well. It follows along the same lines as Glen...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Wearable quilts, why?
November 01, 6:56am

Hooks Maybe?
I have looked for solutions in the past to zippers and velcro on some pieces, and one thing I have thought about is possibly using hooks instead. What kind of hooks, I'm not totally sure. Fabri...

In Make Your Own Gear » Buttons
October 22, 6:07am

Fontana Dam Loop
Took a weekend trip to the Smokey Mountains and did a loop by the lake and up to the AT, that I thought I would share. I just got into writing trip reports to help me keep track of the trips I ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Fontana Dam Loop
October 19, 7:44am

Re: Instructions for making rain mitts
I've tried that thru-hiker pattern before. The main problem with it is that it is made for fabric that stretches, and while we know sil does stretch, it is the wrong kind of stretch. So when yo...

In Make Your Own Gear » Instructions for making rain mitts
October 13, 7:01am

All Reader Reviews by Chris Muthig

Chris Muthig has posted no reviews.