BPL Community Profile

Carol Crooker (cmcrooker) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Desert Southwest, USA
About Me I live and do a lot of my backpacking in the desert, but I LOVE the mountains of the west! I also get out to the east coast occasionally to backpack.
CityPhoenix
StateArizona
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListHammock, Lows to 40

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Carol Crooker

Showing 161 - 170 of 305 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...31

Forum » Thread

Re: Podcast: snake species
Eeeuuuuwww. My adrenaline sure would be pumping if I ran across that harmless little snake.

In Editor's Roundtable » Podcast: Sub-3 on the PCT with Glen Van Peski
January 17, 2:03pm

It does pay to be a "lower" height
Yes, Glen is definitely at a height disadvantage when it comes to SUL bragging rights!

January 17, 12:02pm

Re: Re: Re: ULA Amp and new SUL pack availability
Brian, What is the volume of the main packbag? I've been looking for a very light, large volume pack with an internal frame for winter. I use the Mariposa, but would like a little bit more mai...

In GEAR » New Golite Line NOW for sale
January 17, 7:13am

Re: Re: Podcast: Sub-3 on the PCT with Glen Van Peski
Thanks! Yes, podcasts will be a regular feature. Next week Andy Skurka from his northern Minnesota trek. Then lots of podcasts from OR.

January 17, 7:04am

Grand Marais
I talked to Andy yesterday from Grand Marais. He said it had been colder finally. He said when it was only 5 degrees at 11 am he needed to "embrace" the cold!

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight in the Icebox
January 14, 6:36am

More on steam baking
I use a 600ml Snowpeak ti cup as the pot and a paper lined foil cupcake cup to hold the batter. I support the cupcake cup on a strip of soda can formed into a spiral or hardware cloth folded into ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Groovy-Biotic Cooking: Quick, Healthy Meals with an Ultralight Cook Kit
January 11, 9:13pm

1.25 lbs food per day
I interviewed Glen about his sub-3-lb trip for a podcast we'll be publishing soon. I too was surprised with his food weight. After all, he's a big guy and was cranking out the miles. He bas...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » 1.25 lbs of food per day?
January 03, 8:03am

A Lightweight Guide to Backpacking in Sustained, Cold Rain
Companion forum thread to: A Lightweight Guide to Backpacking in Sustained, Cold Rain

In Editor's Roundtable » A Lightweight Guide to Backpacking in Sustained, Cold Rain
December 26, 6:16pm

La Sportiva Trango S EVO GTX Mountaineering Boot REVIEW
Companion forum thread to: La Sportiva Trango S EVO GTX Mountaineering Boot REVIEW

In Editor's Roundtable » La Sportiva Trango S EVO GTX Mountaineering Boot REVIEW
December 26, 5:59pm

Manual
Yep, there is one and we missed it. I've added an addendum to the review so folks who might not read the forums know the manual is on the website. Thanks for working with us on this Graham!

In Editor's Roundtable » CiloGear 60 Liter WorkSack Backpack REVIEW
December 21, 7:33am

All Reader Reviews by Carol Crooker

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Coughlan's LED Clip-on Headlight
The Coughlan’s LED Clip-on Headlight is light weight, inexpensive and bright enough for around camp chores. The red filter is a nice feature to save night vision. I gave it a 3 of 5 because it was fru...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
August 07, 4:22pm

Coughlan's Micro Lantern
The Coughlan Micro Lantern is a tiny LED light shaped like a lantern. It has a clip ring on top so it can be hung from your tent zipper pull or the like. The light shines out in a 360 degree circle an...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
June 03, 5:16pm

Inov8 Terroc 330 - Men's
I love the way the Terrocs conform to my feet without needing to be tied too tightly. So - our feet are different or your Terrocs came laced differently than mine. Mine came with a heel locking lacing...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
June 27, 10:21pm

Wilderness First Aid Classes by WMI/NOLS
16 hour course on first aid in the backcountry. Lots of hands on scenarios for practice. The course I attended in AZ in May 2006 was taught by an EMT from Pennsylvania and an EMT/ski patroller from Co...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
May 09, 1:06pm

Tilley LT5
Well I thought the LT5 was perfect until Ryan suggested it would be even better if it was lighter. But of course! And it's stylish too - at least we Tilley wearers think so. And Ryan, just slip on yo...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
August 02, 6:30am