BPL Community Profile

Carol Crooker (cmcrooker) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Desert Southwest, USA
About Me I live and do a lot of my backpacking in the desert, but I LOVE the mountains of the west! I also get out to the east coast occasionally to backpack.
CityPhoenix
StateArizona
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListHammock, Lows to 40

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Carol Crooker

Showing 161 - 170 of 309 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...31

Forum » Thread

Song
Jay, Take a look at the credits on the Podcast page (repeated here). MUSIC "Look for Me in the Mountains" :: Chris Cunningham (words, guitar, vocals, harmonies, harmonica, recording, pr...

In Editor's Roundtable » Podcast: Andrew Skurka in the Nation's Icebox, the Conclusion
February 16, 8:55am

Podcast: Andrew Skurka in the Nation's Icebox, the Conclusion
The second podcast is coming next week - Valentine's Day.

In Editor's Roundtable » Podcast: Andrew Skurka in the Nation's Icebox, the Conclusion
February 07, 7:34am

Re: Re: Ultralight in the Icebox
Andy reached Ely with only a little damage late Friday. I talked to him last night. He mentioned that the blowdowns were really bad. We'll publish a podcast of our first interview Wednesday. In...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight in the Icebox
January 22, 9:29pm

Re: Re: Re: SUL Winter Challenge
To repeat Ryan's quote from above: "I was able to get one night in. Everything went great. Cold temps were about five below at night, highs in the day were around 12-13*F. The second day ...

In Gear Lists » Ryan Jordan's SUL Winter Challenge
January 19, 6:14pm

Re: Podcast: snake species
Eeeuuuuwww. My adrenaline sure would be pumping if I ran across that harmless little snake.

In Editor's Roundtable » Podcast: Sub-3 on the PCT with Glen Van Peski
January 17, 2:03pm

It does pay to be a "lower" height
Yes, Glen is definitely at a height disadvantage when it comes to SUL bragging rights!

January 17, 12:02pm

Re: Re: Re: ULA Amp and new SUL pack availability
Brian, What is the volume of the main packbag? I've been looking for a very light, large volume pack with an internal frame for winter. I use the Mariposa, but would like a little bit more mai...

In GEAR » New Golite Line NOW for sale
January 17, 7:13am

Re: Re: Podcast: Sub-3 on the PCT with Glen Van Peski
Thanks! Yes, podcasts will be a regular feature. Next week Andy Skurka from his northern Minnesota trek. Then lots of podcasts from OR.

January 17, 7:04am

Grand Marais
I talked to Andy yesterday from Grand Marais. He said it had been colder finally. He said when it was only 5 degrees at 11 am he needed to "embrace" the cold!

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight in the Icebox
January 14, 6:36am

More on steam baking
I use a 600ml Snowpeak ti cup as the pot and a paper lined foil cupcake cup to hold the batter. I support the cupcake cup on a strip of soda can formed into a spiral or hardware cloth folded into ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Groovy-Biotic Cooking: Quick, Healthy Meals with an Ultralight Cook Kit
January 11, 9:13pm

All Reader Reviews by Carol Crooker

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Coughlan's LED Clip-on Headlight
The Coughlan’s LED Clip-on Headlight is light weight, inexpensive and bright enough for around camp chores. The red filter is a nice feature to save night vision. I gave it a 3 of 5 because it was fru...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
August 07, 4:22pm

Coughlan's Micro Lantern
The Coughlan Micro Lantern is a tiny LED light shaped like a lantern. It has a clip ring on top so it can be hung from your tent zipper pull or the like. The light shines out in a 360 degree circle an...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
June 03, 5:16pm

Inov8 Terroc 330 - Men's
I love the way the Terrocs conform to my feet without needing to be tied too tightly. So - our feet are different or your Terrocs came laced differently than mine. Mine came with a heel locking lacing...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
June 27, 10:21pm

Wilderness First Aid Classes by WMI/NOLS
16 hour course on first aid in the backcountry. Lots of hands on scenarios for practice. The course I attended in AZ in May 2006 was taught by an EMT from Pennsylvania and an EMT/ski patroller from Co...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
May 09, 1:06pm

Tilley LT5
Well I thought the LT5 was perfect until Ryan suggested it would be even better if it was lighter. But of course! And it's stylish too - at least we Tilley wearers think so. And Ryan, just slip on yo...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
August 02, 6:30am