Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jace Mullen (climberslacker) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Your guess is as good as mine.
About Me Hi! I'm Jace. I'm 17 years old. I will be doing the PCT Summer 2012.
CityOceanside
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.jacemullen.com
My PDF Gear ListPCT Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jace Mullen

Showing 161 - 170 of 377 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...38

Forum » Thread

Re: Steri-Pen Opti Sheath
I don't see why bubble wrap wouldn't work. -Jace

In Make Your Own Gear » Steripen Opti Sheath
July 08, 1:17pm

Re: My Sub-5lb kit for SoCal Summers
I can't tell you how much i appreciate the offer! I sent you a PM. I think thats one of the nice things about being young, that I can get by (comfortably) with a thin pad. All of the adult l...

In Gear Lists » My Sub-5 lb kit for SoCal Summers
July 08, 1:10pm

Re: My Sub-5lb kit for SoCal Summers
I just realized (from looking at your list) that the only reason that I use the thinlite pad is because I use it as a groundcloth. I could save over an oz by getting a polycro grouncloth and ditchi...

July 08, 10:48am

Re: Re: My Sub-5 lb kit for SoCal Summers
I usually hike San Gorgonio or Jacinto. I only camp on the summit of San Gorgonio if I go, otherwise I do bring bear stuff. I want to find some trails in the southern sierra but don't know of a...

July 08, 10:20am

Re: Ultimate Gear Review
Does anyone else get the sense that he is parodying us? -Jace

In GEAR » ULTIMATE Gear Review
July 07, 9:33pm

My Sub-5 lb kit for SoCal Summers
While there may be holes in this most of them are intentional. For example: No Tent for a few reasons. 1.) When using this setup (and because I am a student, thus have flexibility with trips) I can...

July 07, 7:37pm

Re: My socal Summer list
Here is Mike's article regarding TP: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/toilet_paper_free.html Maybe you could nix the spare batteries for the steripen as you are alrea...

In Gear Lists » My socal summer list.
July 07, 11:32am

GearGrams
I too really enjoy that site. In my opinion it is much easier to read (and thus get more helpful critiques) compared to an exel doc. I also feel like I can play with various setups much easier then...

In Gear Lists » my GearGram list
July 07, 11:23am

Re: New ULer for the Northeast
I agree with mike on the spreadsheat. I found this site yesterday and I think its pretty badass: geargrams.com (Looking back on this post it looks like spam. I promise its not!) Happy Tra...

In Gear Lists » New ULer for the Northeast
July 07, 9:27am

Re: My socal Summer list
Hs sublite sil Tent, 27.0oz 765g--Is this really necessary here? My usual list for here doesn't have a tent unless the weather report dictates it. Where in Socal do you usually hike? Tyvek g...

In Gear Lists » My socal summer list.
July 07, 9:21am

All Reader Reviews by Jace Mullen

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

40 Below Expedition Insulation
A great, US company that makes expedition-specific insulating gear. My bottle-boots were shipped the same day I ordered them and along with the shipping notice came a question from the company founder...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 16, 4:39pm

Gossamer Gear Nightlight Torso
I used this pad for 5 weeks this summer while building trail. I have also used it on every backpacking trip for the last two-ish years. I just bought a new one to take on my PCT thru this summer. ...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
April 07, 9:38pm

zpacks Company
While I only ordered stuff sacks from Joe, he was still willing to talk with me about what would work best for me. Great Guy, I hope to buy a pack from him eventually!

February 28, 8:57am

Patagonia the company
I have never had to deal with there customer service department because of something I have bought, but many times i have had questions about there products and if you are on their website, on the top...

March 19, 10:46pm