BPL Community Profile

Colin Krusor (ckrusor) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northwest US
About Me Colin Krusor has not added a biography yet.
CityPortland
StateOregon
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Colin Krusor

Showing 161 - 170 of 989 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...99

Forum » Thread

Spinnaker
Spinnaker (silicone, melamine, or polycarbonate coated ripstop polyester) enjoyed a relatively brief (2-4 years) period of popularity among ultralight backpackers. It is appealing because some form...

In Make Your Own Gear » Substitute fabric for Spinnaker (5 Yards to SUL Article Pack)
July 02, 1:20pm

Bear bag hanging on tree trunks (not branches)
I recently camped in an area where I had difficulty locating branches for food hanging. The only sturdy branches were too high or surrounded by impenetrable tangles of twigs. Is anyone familiar wit...

In GEAR » Bear bag hanging on tree trunks (not branches)
June 30, 12:57pm

Containers
David, just a word of caution: the mini atomizer bottles ("misters") at Lotioncrafter are crappy. I bought some of the 8ml size for bug spray and all of them broke after a few spritzes.

In GEAR » How to use a straw to store squeezable semi-liquids?
June 28, 5:56pm

Squeeze tube
For sunscreen, DEET lotion, and other viscous liquids I use little polyethylene squeeze tubes like these: Last time I looked for these, I found them in 5 ml capacity (1/6 oz), but the smalle...

In GEAR » How to use a straw to store squeezable semi-liquids?
June 28, 4:07pm

Testing
I'm inclined to agree with Roger. I don't think the water repellent properties of the coating will withstand soiling or abrasion, but as long as Jason has some, and is asking for testing su...

In GEAR » Rust-O-Leum NeverWet
June 24, 4:44pm

Axis labels
Like Bob, I find it difficult to read a graph without axis labels. It took me a minute. I see now that the Starlyte is maximally efficient (requiring 1.4 grams of fuel to boil) at 15 inches pot hei...

In GEAR » Caldera Cone and Starlyte stove
June 24, 4:19pm

Tempo tag
Anna, thanks. Those are perfect. But, do you know of any source? There are a lot of articles about them online, but I haven't found any way to buy them.

In GEAR » Miniature (zipper pull?) digital clock
June 24, 9:15am

Miniature (zipper pull?) digital clock
As an alternative to a watch, I'd like to find a miniature clock that I can attach to my pack or clothing. I'm familiar with the zipper-pull gadgets that have both a digital clock and a tin...

In GEAR » Miniature (zipper pull?) digital clock
June 23, 6:56pm

NeverWet
Thanks, Jason. I'm looking forward to your observations of treated fabrics. In particular, I'm curious about fabrics that have been treated, then exposed to dirt, washed, etc.

In GEAR » Rust-O-Leum NeverWet
June 23, 9:51am

Thaisilks
I've used Thaisilks, too. I've purchased 5 momme silk (which is lighter than any nylon fabric) for $3 per yard from that site.

In Make Your Own Gear » 1.1 oz Nylon Bag Liner?
June 22, 5:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Colin Krusor

Colin Krusor has posted no reviews.