Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Colin Krusor (ckrusor) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northwest US
About Me Colin Krusor has not added a biography yet.
CityPortland
StateOregon
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Colin Krusor

Showing 161 - 170 of 1029 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...103

Forum » Thread

Whoops
It didn't even occur to me that it might be more than ten years old. Thanks for pointing that out.

In GEAR » Heat Transfer
July 31, 3:32pm

Pots
He didn't test any heat-exchanger pots. That would have been an obvious addition to his list, I would think. Worthwhile test, nevertheless.

In GEAR » Heat Transfer
July 31, 2:07pm

Note
What do you plan to use it for? I have tried small spray bottles (5-10ml) for bug spray and no-rinse body wash, and none of them ever lasted more than one trip. Most of them failed in the field. I ...

In GEAR » Where can I buy smalles screw cap spray bottle?
July 31, 10:56am

Backflushing
Sawyer sells a faucet adapter for backflushing, and the garden hose water pressure wouldn't be any greater than a faucet, so I would guess that Daryl's method wouldn't pose a risk of ru...

In Make Your Own Gear » 6 gallon per minute Sawyer backflush
July 29, 5:05pm

Flow rate
Stephen, the results you reported for flow rate after soaking and without the Frontier prefilter are pretty close to what I get. The water in my area is very hard, too. I haven't tried a vinega...

In GEAR » Sawyer Squeeze flow rate timing
July 28, 2:02pm

Sawyer filter flow rates
Stephen, these times are much slower than what I've observed with my Sawyer squeeze, particularly for the gravity setup. with forceful squeezing I can fill a liter bottle in about 70 seconds wi...

In GEAR » Sawyer Squeeze flow rate timing
July 28, 8:42am

tie-out
"Also, my concern is not a guy line breaking; it's a tie-out ripping off the tarp (or ripping the tarp itself)." My post was a little muddled. I was talking about a line that goes ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Thoughts on Spinntwin's corner tieout design?
July 27, 4:27pm

Nobul1
I have a down quilt from Zpacks with Nobul1 inside and out, and I haven't observed a single down cluster coming through yet. I remember someone mentioning, though, that there have been at least...

In Make Your Own Gear » My next quilt #10
July 27, 10:32am

tie-outs
Yes, I'm familiar with that general problem. It's the reason that ropes suspending hammocks need to withstand forces much greater than a person's body weight. I guess I don't qu...

In Make Your Own Gear » Thoughts on Spinntwin's corner tieout design?
July 26, 11:44pm

Valve
Ryan, I have a couple of blue TPU valves that I removed from two 1980s era inflatable sleeping pads. They are fairly similar to kite surfing valves from Airtime, but a bit more squat. I'll take...

In Make Your Own Gear » Light (<2oz) urethane coated nylon
July 21, 2:52pm

All Reader Reviews by Colin Krusor

Colin Krusor has posted no reviews.