Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Matt Lutz (citystuckhiker) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Hiker-turned-ultramarathon runner. Sorry backpack, I've neglected you.
CityMankato
StateMinnesota
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://crazyrunnerguy.blogspot.com
My PDF Gear ListWinter 2011-12

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Matt Lutz

Showing 161 - 170 of 805 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...81

Forum » Thread

Re: Car-wash durability
If I set my car up in a car wash, I likely have more problems than just tent durability. Like why I'm not in the woods.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How tough do you think your tent is?
October 16, 2:55pm

Re: Bushbuddy Wood Stove and Soot on the Pot
You must become one with the soot. Keep the pot in a sack.

In GEAR » Bushbuddy Wood Stove and Soot on the Pot
October 16, 2:41pm

Re: How tough do you think your tent is?
And the point is? What real-life conditions are these meant to simulate? How about an all-night snowstorm? See Roger's When Things Go Wrong article. Also, durability, or at least perceiv...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How tough do you think your tent is?
October 16, 2:40pm

Re: Re: Parcour Gear photo
http://www.parcourdewild.org/pdwblog/ ~130 miles through Bob Marshall Wilderness in MT on./near the CDT starting Sunday. Webcam of starting location (dark at time of posting). http://tiny...

In Gear Lists » Parcour Gear photo
October 08, 8:44pm

Parcour Gear photo
Not a gear list per-se, but: Photo does not include group gear, food, water or contingent gear.

In Gear Lists » Parcour Gear photo
October 08, 8:28pm

Re: Winter camping and climbing
Winter clothing and shelter systems: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/00278.html It gives a great breakdown on clothing systems for winter. Also, check out Andrew Skur...

In Gear Lists » Winter camping and climbing
October 08, 11:36am

Re: How tough do you think your pack is?
This video gives viewers an unrealistic view of the necessity of a bombproof pack. Two thumbs down.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How tough do you think your pack is?
October 08, 10:43am

Re: How tough do you think your pack is?
@Joe; Chuck Norris-style quip, eh?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How tough do you think your pack is?
October 08, 10:38am

Re: Hands-on
Has there been any data on the Wedge? Photos/pecs/data/etc? Also, ID MK1 XL owner here. I use it in MN for winters, but have yet to have a really huge storm with it (I did get 12-16 inches of sn...

In GEAR » Black Diamond I-tent or Integral Designs M1 XL
October 08, 9:42am

Re: Integral Designs Micro Bivy
I wish they carried the all-eVent overbag/bivy.

In Gear Deals » Integral Designs Micro Bivy
October 06, 3:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Matt Lutz

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Marmot Scree (softshell pants)
There is so much to love about these pants, but the little details kill any possibility of a 5 rating. So 4 it is. The good: The pants are made of Marmot's proprietary M3 fabric, which is a ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
October 20, 9:50am

Zpacks Z1
I bought my Z1 from a BPL forum member. It had a webbing waist belt and a removable sternum strap. I have since removed the waistbelt (via scissors) and removed the sternum strap, which was attached t...

In Backpacks - Frameless
October 03, 10:22am

Montbell UL Down Inner Parka
I have a 2008 MB Inner down Parka, and I wish I would have waited until the 2009 models were released before hitting "submit order." I have a size small, which weighs in at 7.2 oz. The ja...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
October 03, 9:24am

Black Diamond Windweight (formerly Jetstream)
I have owned two pairs of BD wind-proof liner gloves - an older pair of Jetstreams and the new model, their Windweights. Both used Polartec Windbloc fabric. These gloves are excellent next-to-skin...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
October 03, 9:15am

Black Diamond Powerstretch (now Midweights)
These are my go-to liner gloves for all seasons. In three-season wear, they are are breathable and not too warm when the temperature dips. In cold and wet weather, I use them under a pair of MLD eVent...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
October 03, 8:50am