BPL Community Profile

Chad Miller (chadnsc) - BPL Guest

My Locale Duluth, Minnesota
About Me Backpacking and climbing throughout the year, I love to be outdoors in virtually any active form.
CityDuluth
StateDuluth
My PDF Gear ListSummer Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad Miller

Showing 161 - 170 of 805 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...81

Forum » Thread

Re: Winter layering
The system the OP described is the system I use in temps down to around 0 F. For me the thermawrap jacket fits under the A.L. parka but not vice versa as the A.L. parka is way too puffy.

In Winter Hiking » Winter layering
December 12, 6:10pm

Re: Re: Re: Mass and Energy Balance
The diabetics you know that are super thin probably have too high of blood sugar. For a diabetic with blood sugars in control (A1C under 7.5) things are a bit different. Difficulty loosing...

In Chaff » ‘Severely obese’ Cleveland boy taken from family, placed in foster care
December 12, 6:00pm

Re: Mass and Energy Balance
David Thomas wrote: "There are NOT medical conditions that allow an adult to eat 1800-2300 calories a day and weigh 350 pounds. An 8-year-old CAN'T get to be 200 pounds on a diet (balan...

In Chaff » ‘Severely obese’ Cleveland boy taken from family, placed in foster care
December 12, 3:08pm

Re: Re: "‘Severely obese’ Cleveland boy taken from family, placed in foster care"
Miguel wrote: "How many of you don't have a TV and don't read magazines, newspapers, and look at the Internet everyday? How many of you would be completely willing to give up all ac...

December 12, 11:59am

Re: Sleeping, Insulation & Shelter for Winter
Temperature range: down to -20 F Location: Northern MN Pad: DownMat 7 Bag: Montbell UL SS Down Hugger 0 Shelter: MDL Duo Mid pyramid tarp I'll add my down parka, pants, and booti...

In Gear Lists » Sleeping, Insulation & Shelter for Winter
December 12, 10:06am

Re: melting snow
I don't purify or boil my water from melting snow. I just melt the snow and drink.

In Winter Hiking » Snow melting techniques
December 10, 10:13am

Re: Butane?
Sorry, pressurized butane lighter. Windproof lighters use the same fuel (butane) as standard lighters, and therefore develop the same vapour pressure. The difference is that windproof lighters m...

In Winter Hiking » Your Winter "TEN ESSENTIALS" List?
December 09, 7:15am

Re: SHT December 9th-11th
Well there has been a change of plans as Kim had to back out. As such I'll be doing a shorter hike from Castle Danger to Gooseberry Falls State Park where I'll poke around the frozen wa...

In Winter Hiking » SHT December 9th-11th
December 08, 3:11pm

Makin' water you shouldn't drink . . . .
1. Grab pee bottle. 2. Open pee bottle. 3. Pee in pee bottle. 4. Close pee bottle. 5. Still warm, go back to sleep.

December 08, 3:04pm

Re: Re: Re: Snow melting techniques
More like even the most mundane tasks get a whole new level of difficulty in the winter. ;)

December 08, 2:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Chad Miller

Chad Miller has posted no reviews.