BPL Community Profile

cary bertoncini (cbert) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale N. California
About Me cary bertoncini has not added a biography yet.
CitySacramento
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by cary bertoncini

Showing 161 - 170 of 911 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...92

Forum » Thread

Kermit!
I would name that pack "Kermit!"

In GEAR » Can anyone name this pack?
July 19, 6:25pm

grills
you can use one of the two little grills that comes with a little hibachi (i got one for $9 at a drugstore). without the handle they are pretty light (i never bothered to weigh it, so i'm not s...

In Fishing » cooking fish
June 26, 4:52pm

re: Kiki--thanks amigo
It is still hard to deal with. I tear up or cry a little every day. Not sure if I updated this, but she was quite young, only a bit over six, and we originally thought she had FIP, but now after...

In Chaff » Terrorists finding a way in
June 24, 9:47pm

life and death *is* a never ending cycle
but we have people making their own choices, by their own hearts. responsibility is a choice, not an obligation, and people often choose it. i've chosen it at times. nothing i said negates o...

June 23, 11:45pm

saving lives
Well Craig, you could instead be amazed that there are people willing to risk life for anyone else, human or otherwise. It's certainly not required. I would never expect others to risk their li...

June 23, 11:11pm

I'm not sure why homeless are so devalued
I consider a homeless person no less than any other person. I've been known to let them shower and shave at our house, take them to dinner, buy them food or beers in the past. Whether I hel...

June 23, 10:17pm

was near there a few years back at couple o' the bears
We went up Hilgard Branch and I think camped at Little Bear, just North over a Col from the main group of Bears (between them and Lake Italy) There is very good fisihing in there for Golden Trou...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bear Lakes Basin in the John Muir Wilderness
June 18, 1:50pm

bears are surprisingly agile
In SEKI at a base camp we had our trash only hanging about 18' up on a branch about 3" or so in diameter. A 200lb ish bear was up on the branch, trying to get the trash bag, and lept from ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » No camping on AT near neels gap/blood mt due to bears
June 11, 12:56pm

My EDC
I think this knife has been mentioned here before, but I have one and it is on me pretty much all the time now. Great little knife: tough, sharp, light, small, cheap. It is the Ritter RSK MK5. I g...

In GEAR » Knives
June 10, 12:02am

execrable condensation
i was in a double wall (kelty zen) battened down tight in a cold snap above Shepherd Pass one August about 15 years ago--it was probably high teens as everything was frozen very, very solid outside...

In GEAR » ultralight tent decision???
June 02, 10:19pm

All Reader Reviews by cary bertoncini

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Aquastar Aquastar - plus
Weight - 8.5 ounces, including the 1 liter lexan bottle. Dead on what I got for the weight on my scale. Features - water purifier, water storage, LED lantern. Just tested out my new UV Aquastar...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
March 20, 2:04pm

Drop Stoppers Microporous Polypropylene Rainsuit
I'm impressed with the quiet and comfortable suit. Haven't been in a downpoor yet, but I did use it while hiking and was impressed with comfort and lack of sweat buidup inside (I did remove a layer b...

In Clothing - Raingear
February 07, 10:47pm