BPL Community Profile

Kevin Beeden (captain_paranoia) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale UK
About Me Kevin Beeden has not added a biography yet.
CountryUK

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Beeden

Showing 161 - 170 of 428 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...43

Forum » Thread

simpler cone closure
James, Have a look around for pictures of my cone clone script, as I use a slot & tab joint that would replace the wire closures you've used; no weight, and nothing to lose. There are...

In Make Your Own Gear » Just Another Alcohol Stove kit
November 01, 1:06pm

re: impeded water vapour
> If the shell is waterproof breathable, you want to get any water vapor out to the shell. Closed cell foam would impede water vapor That was my first thought, but then I read the OP a bit c...

In Make Your Own Gear » Is this idea crazy...
November 01, 1:03pm

'similar triangles'
Google for the geometrical concept of 'similar triangles'. Since your shaded triangle is the top of the bigger triangle, they are 'similar' (all the angles are the same), and thu...

In Make Your Own Gear » Pyramid - math help
November 01, 12:50pm

re: ,7 ounce bowl/cup
> It was made with scissors in my shop. I left burrs on the edges to showcase its myog history. ;-) I'm always on the lookout for 'recycled' containers for outdoor use. The Ho...

In Make Your Own Gear » ,7 ounce bowl/cup
November 01, 7:12am

rolled lip?
Dan, are your short cups made using a rolled lip? They look really nice. I've tried turning a lip by hand in the past, but it didn't go very well; lots of fine cracks, and very difficul...

In Make Your Own Gear » Foster Cans With Ridges
October 31, 1:14pm

re: grain alignment
> Hi Kevin, I do belive the "grain direction" of the Fosters is in the radial direction. I found quite a nice powerpoint presentation by Alcan a couple of years ago, which has some ...

October 20, 11:54am

re: Best material for pot/ziplock bag cozy?
Reflectix equivalent in the UK is Thermawrap, available in big rolls from B&Q. BobC at backpackinglight.co.uk used to sell smaller pieces of this. Alternatives: closed-cell foam 'campin...

In Make Your Own Gear » Best material for pot/ziplock bag cozy?
October 18, 12:05pm

crude vertical ridges
After I first saw this thread, I went home, picked up an empty can with the cap removed, picked up a flat-bit wood drill that has a 1/4" shaft that has a nice, smooth end to it, put the can on...

October 18, 12:00pm

re: stove - d'oh!
> Actually, my "two burners" are actually my one stove taken apart d'oh! I've made similar setups, so should have recognised it... > My system did burn hotter (appare...

In Make Your Own Gear » Kmart Grease Pot tips and mods?
October 10, 10:56am

re: 'burping'
> Another thing I noticed: the stove was periodically "burping" I've seen this with a number of different alcohol stove designs. My suspicion is that it's 'bumping'...

In Make Your Own Gear » Kmart Grease Pot tips and mods?
October 07, 7:58am

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Beeden

Kevin Beeden has posted no reviews.