Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Kevin Beeden (captain_paranoia) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale UK
About Me Kevin Beeden has not added a biography yet.
CountryUK

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Beeden

Showing 161 - 170 of 434 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...44

Forum » Thread

re: Monster Energy BFC 32oz water bottle / stove....
Have you seen this thread? You make a good point about the difficulties of your water bottle also being your cookpot...

In Make Your Own Gear » Monster Energy BFC 32oz water bottle / stove....
November 23, 11:07am

re: cone-type burners
> A small cone type burner like one of these Those are interesting burners, James. Both seem to use the principle of reducing the area of exposed burning alcohol I mentioned earlier. I...

In Make Your Own Gear » DIY Alcohol Stove Users!!
November 23, 11:01am

re: A simple alcohol stove more fuel effecient than the Jim Wood Super Cat?
It's only really sensible to discuss fuel efficiencies in terms of the entire cooking system. Trying to talk about efficiency of a burner alone will get you nowhere. So, we need to consider...

In Make Your Own Gear » A simple alcohol stove more fuel effecient than the Jim Wood Super Cat?
November 23, 10:52am

run time vs heat output
> It's not, just wondering, how long can your stove run on 1 ounce of Alcohol? I assume you want a slow-burning stove for a particular reason: simmering, for instance. Otherwise, if it&#...

In Make Your Own Gear » DIY Alcohol Stove Users!!
November 11, 9:15am

re: MYOG caldera burner
I use either a chimney burner made using a 250ml Red Bull can (see Mini Zen at Zen Stoves), or a trangia-style burner made from the same cans, with a conic inner wall and jets around the inner of t...

In Make Your Own Gear » caldera + myog stove
November 03, 12:38pm

removing handles
Most wire handles can be removed simply by bending the ends out of the welded backet. You can then put them back in later, if you wish. The handles are relatively springy, and seem to spring back...

In Make Your Own Gear » Removing Spot-welded Handles
November 01, 1:11pm

simpler cone closure
James, Have a look around for pictures of my cone clone script, as I use a slot & tab joint that would replace the wire closures you've used; no weight, and nothing to lose. There are...

In Make Your Own Gear » Just Another Alcohol Stove kit
November 01, 1:06pm

re: impeded water vapour
> If the shell is waterproof breathable, you want to get any water vapor out to the shell. Closed cell foam would impede water vapor That was my first thought, but then I read the OP a bit c...

In Make Your Own Gear » Is this idea crazy...
November 01, 1:03pm

'similar triangles'
Google for the geometrical concept of 'similar triangles'. Since your shaded triangle is the top of the bigger triangle, they are 'similar' (all the angles are the same), and thu...

In Make Your Own Gear » Pyramid - math help
November 01, 12:50pm

re: ,7 ounce bowl/cup
> It was made with scissors in my shop. I left burrs on the edges to showcase its myog history. ;-) I'm always on the lookout for 'recycled' containers for outdoor use. The Ho...

In Make Your Own Gear » ,7 ounce bowl/cup
November 01, 7:12am

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Beeden

Kevin Beeden has posted no reviews.