BPL Community Profile

Ben H. (bzhayes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale So. California
About Me Ben H. has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben H.

Showing 161 - 170 of 281 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...29

Forum » Thread

Columbia rain jacket $35 at Amazon
This is a good deal for this jacket, but I am not sure how well it would work in a light weight kit http://www.amazon.com/Columbia-Watertight-Jacket-Charcoal-Medium/dp/B00331IOGA/ref=sr_1_1?t=sl...

In Gear Deals » Columbia rain jacket $35 at Amazon
September 05, 1:28pm

Re: Food in other countries
"...I am very interested in what and how to eat hikers..." lol... just so you know, you just proclaimed yourself a cannibal. I agree with the others, 18 ounces/day is not enough foo...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Food in other countries
September 04, 2:55pm

Re: How can I sleep better as a side sleeper than on a Ridgerest?
REI Stratus! http://www.rei.com/product/828460/rei-stratus-insulated-air-pad Lightweight, comfy and pretty cheap ($80) It is the best pad for the money in my opinion... and it comes with R...

In GEAR » durable, lightish and reasonably price inflatable sleeping pad?
August 27, 11:40am

How effective is charcoal?
How effective is charcoal at removing chemical contamination? Everything I have heard says charcoal remove off-odors and flavors but cannot be relied upon effectively remove chemical contamination...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » The Safe-Water-Challenge - which filtering design can you reliably maintain around the globe?
August 23, 12:07pm

Re: Re: What ultralight trail runners do you guys use?
What New Balance's have a rocker plate? I can't seem to be able to figure that out from their website. I am also looking to try out some trail runners but I definitely want a rocker plate...

In GEAR » What ultralight trail runners do you guys use?
August 23, 12:00pm

Re: Re: My thoughts...
"Anyone have info on this from the manufacturer that I have missed?" From: http://www.sawyer.com/waterFAQ.html Q. Can the filter be frozen? A. While we have no proof that freezin...

In GEAR » Water Treatment
August 22, 1:14pm

Re: I compiled a list of all the sleeping pads on the market I could find and created an r-value/weight coefficient that can help select the best insulation to weight ratio.
you should add the REI stratus in: $80, R= 3.0, 2.5 inches thick, 20 ounces Also, as far as I know the neo air xtherm is not self inflating

In GEAR » I compiled a list of all the sleeping pads on the market I could find and created an r-value/weight coefficient that can help select the best insulation to weight ratio.
August 22, 10:00am

I have wondered the same thing
I have wondered the same thing. I've got a buddy that is found of that dinner too, but packit gourmet only sells chunked freeze dried chicken. It is one of the more expensive freeze dried mea...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Source for freeze-dried HUNKS of meat?
August 22, 9:46am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Safe-Water-Challenge - which filtering design can you reliably maintain around the globe?
"Why do they seem ridiculous to you?" because you want to filter everything and anything and be able to source it anywhere on the globe. Oh and it also has to be under a pound. I am ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » The Safe-Water-Challenge - which filtering design can you reliably maintain around the globe?
August 22, 9:41am

Re: Boots for Continued Walking in Sand
Go to a good shoe store where they will analyze your walk and get a good pair of shoes (runner/trail runners) that fit your feet well. Then get some dirty girl gaiters to keep the sand out of your...

In GEAR » Boots for Continued Walking in Sand
August 21, 12:29pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben H.

Ben H. has posted no reviews.