BPL Community Profile

Miguel Arboleda (butuki) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Kanto Plain, Japan
About Me The top of the mountain is more an afterthought than a destination for me. Its the trees and creatures, the weather and people along the way that make the walking good. It's why it's always so hard to come back down. And why, with the odor of days imprinted in synthetics, my coming back down is hard for others, too!
StateTokyo
CountryJapan
My Website URLhttp://laughing-knees.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Miguel Arboleda

Showing 161 - 170 of 2598 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...260

Forum » Thread

Re: not really.
Miguel, When did you become an American again? Michael, (^J^)/" ⎛⌒Y⌒⎞

In Chaff » Newtown
December 20, 9:48pm

Re: "Newtown"
Jeffrey, Very well put. And I think it is just that which is the crux of the whole problem. You can talk and talk until everyone is blue in the face, but unless you take the first step toward do...

In Chaff » Newtown
December 20, 9:10pm

Re: Sacrifice
You statement above is BS. Made me smile. Paul, I am American. Just because I've lived a large portion of my life outside the States, and I have a very diverse background, doesn't detrac...

In Chaff » Newtown
December 20, 8:46pm

Re: locus
Nobody ripped off anything. Pyramid tents have been around forever, at least since Roman times. And you could just as well "accuse" Rob Bell of having ripped off Oware's original siln...

In GEAR » Pneuma Bivy Tyvek
December 20, 8:19pm

I love hearing comments from those outside the US, but it seems like many of them assume that every country is the same and every law or restriction will have the same effect universally. What&#...

In Chaff » Newtown
December 20, 3:54am

Re: Packing heat
I've never forgotten, though, how it feels to have a loaded gun pressed against your temple. It wasn't fun. Doug, I had the same experience...gun to my head... working the night shift at...

In Chaff » Newtown
December 20, 12:29am

Why does it matter what people outside the US think? Very true. I guess it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. Then I also guess that it is high time that Americans stop criticizing ...

In Chaff » Newtown
December 19, 4:26pm

It's extreme comments like that that prevent us from ever making progress. Brad, but that's just it. Outside the States, that is not an extreme comment at all; it is self evident. Why no...

In Chaff » Newtown
December 19, 3:01pm

Re: so, gun advocates, whats the solution?
This whole thread is an example of what the problem is. No one can agree on anything and everyone has an opinion, which everyone else is supposed to respect and give equal credence to. If there is ...

In Chaff » Newtown
December 19, 7:34am

Re: guns
I don't get it. How do a people who have never had any gun control, and thereby have no experience whatsoever with how gun control works and what its effects are, speak with any authority about...

In Chaff » Newtown
December 18, 7:16am

All Reader Reviews by Miguel Arboleda

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear The One
These are comments I made in the forum, just added here for easy reference: I just got back from a three day walk with the One yesterday. It was great, just what I wanted. It's still very much ...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
May 17, 6:08am

ULA Equipment
I just received my Arctic Pack yesterday, a pack that I wasn't going to buy at first because of the expense, but after reading other people's reviews and my just not having enough time to make...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 06, 12:32am

Mountain Equipment Co-op (Canada)
I became a member of MEC in 1992, paying the membership fee and enjoying buying things at great prices and getting very well made gear that you couldn't find anywhere else. Ever since the regul...

February 02, 9:45am

TarpTent
I have three of Henry's creations, the original Squall, the Squall 2, and the Rainbow. All of them have performed wonderfully and have changed the way I go backpacking (along with Glen van Peski a...

January 18, 10:24am

Mont Bell
(well, what do you know, I can't use the word "f*nny pack"!) I've been using MontBell gear since 1977, two years after they started, when I bought my first rain poncho. I still ha...

December 16, 8:36pm

Shires Tarptent Rainbow

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
September 07, 12:13am