Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Allen Butts (butts0989) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Northern Rockies
About Me Allen Butts has not added a biography yet.
CityFort Collins
StateColorado
CountryU.S.
My PDF Gear ListAT-thru hike list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Allen Butts

Showing 161 - 170 of 237 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

Circuit
Oh ok a full length, maybe not against the back of the pack but definitely in a cylinder. Ive been doing the cylinder method for 2 years now in my CDT with 3/4 length ridgerest and i love the supp...

In Gear Lists » 2012 PCT list
January 31, 10:25pm

Circuit
You would have plenty of room to put your nightlite pad against the back of your pack on the inside, or roll it into a cylinder, whichever you prefer.

January 31, 10:12pm

Re: PCT 2012
Well to start off the gear you have listed will be great for the sierras, minus the pack. I would try and take a circuit or something with a little more support for the extra weight. The snow wil...

January 31, 8:19pm

Re: Cascadia 7
Ya I cant wait, I do like the 6's but I'm sure that the 7's will be a very necessary upgrade. Although I have to say my 6's have held up extremely well for how many miles I have pu...

In Gear Lists » JMT clothing
January 31, 11:49am

Cascadia 7
Thank you for that info, I was wondering when they were planning on releasing them. I have the 6's right now, but they have around 1000 miles on them so I am going to need a new pair. I guess...

January 31, 11:04am

JMT clothing
Ok so I am looking for feedback from people that have hiked then JMT and or SHR. I will be YoYoing them at the beginning of August. I'm wondering if the clothing I'm planning on carrying is...

January 31, 10:04am

mac
Do you know if it is compatible with apple products?

In Gear Swap » Anyone Want a Genuine Quicken 2001 Deluxe CD-ROM?
January 30, 2:24pm

pack
what would be a good pack that would carry a bear canister? at least from your experience. Ive been interested in the GG gorilla but i havent decided yet.

In Gear Lists » JMT 2012
January 28, 10:12am

Backpack
So i dont have a pack yet, bear canister, or shelter yet. Im still going back and forth on footwear as well. I was just wondering what people may suggest for the gear that i currently have. Sorr...

In Gear Lists » JMT 2012
January 27, 2:40pm

Stuff sacks
ya good call on the stuff sacks. The thing with the insulation is that my friends isnt quite "in shape" enough to push 30 miles a day and hike all day so there will be some downtime. I ...

In Gear Lists » JMT 2012
January 26, 3:56pm

All Reader Reviews by Allen Butts

Allen Butts has posted no reviews.