Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Allen Butts (butts0989) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Northern Rockies
About Me Allen Butts has not added a biography yet.
CityFort Collins
StateColorado
CountryU.S.
My PDF Gear ListAT-thru hike list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Allen Butts

Showing 161 - 170 of 238 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

Pack choice
Ya I would probably try and stick with the circuit. There is no point on trying to push the limits of the pack and being uncomfortable while on the trail. You could hike from Mexico to the whitne...

In Gear Lists » 2012 PCT list
February 02, 1:29pm

Circuit
Oh ok a full length, maybe not against the back of the pack but definitely in a cylinder. Ive been doing the cylinder method for 2 years now in my CDT with 3/4 length ridgerest and i love the supp...

January 31, 10:25pm

Circuit
You would have plenty of room to put your nightlite pad against the back of your pack on the inside, or roll it into a cylinder, whichever you prefer.

January 31, 10:12pm

Re: PCT 2012
Well to start off the gear you have listed will be great for the sierras, minus the pack. I would try and take a circuit or something with a little more support for the extra weight. The snow wil...

January 31, 8:19pm

Re: Cascadia 7
Ya I cant wait, I do like the 6's but I'm sure that the 7's will be a very necessary upgrade. Although I have to say my 6's have held up extremely well for how many miles I have pu...

In Gear Lists » JMT clothing
January 31, 11:49am

Cascadia 7
Thank you for that info, I was wondering when they were planning on releasing them. I have the 6's right now, but they have around 1000 miles on them so I am going to need a new pair. I guess...

January 31, 11:04am

JMT clothing
Ok so I am looking for feedback from people that have hiked then JMT and or SHR. I will be YoYoing them at the beginning of August. I'm wondering if the clothing I'm planning on carrying is...

January 31, 10:04am

mac
Do you know if it is compatible with apple products?

In Gear Swap » Anyone Want a Genuine Quicken 2001 Deluxe CD-ROM?
January 30, 2:24pm

pack
what would be a good pack that would carry a bear canister? at least from your experience. Ive been interested in the GG gorilla but i havent decided yet.

In Gear Lists » JMT 2012
January 28, 10:12am

Backpack
So i dont have a pack yet, bear canister, or shelter yet. Im still going back and forth on footwear as well. I was just wondering what people may suggest for the gear that i currently have. Sorr...

In Gear Lists » JMT 2012
January 27, 2:40pm

All Reader Reviews by Allen Butts

Allen Butts has posted no reviews.