Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Stuart Burke (burkest) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Collegiate Peaks Wilderness
About Me Stuart Burke has not added a biography yet.
CityMadison
StateWI
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear List140 mile Colorado loop hike

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stuart Burke

Showing 161 - 170 of 182 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Forum » Thread

Ice Age Trail thru-run
I read the the June issue of Silent Sports and there is an article about Jason Dorgan running the Ice Age Trail. He ran the trail in 22.5 days averaging 48.5 miles a day. He did the run with a supp...

In Post-Trip Reports » Ice Age Trail thru-run
May 27, 8:29pm

Re: Reducing One's First Aid Kit
Here is what is in my first aid kit: 4 butterfly bandages 2 sheets of moleskin cut in half 4 regular bandaids 6 "bandaid brand" waterproof bandaids 10 alcohol wipes 4 loperamide (...

In Philosophy & Technique » Reducing One's First Aid Kit
May 23, 7:53am

Re: Ben, re:Reducing One's First Aid Kit
I wanted to add a few comments to Brett's based on my limted pharmaceutical knowledge. Taking an NSAID (ibuprofen, naproxen, or aspirin) and acetaminophen together is a great way to deal with m...

In Philosophy & Technique » Reducing One's First Aid Kit
May 23, 7:40am

Re: Re: New Momentum in gear list
Wayne, The Shiny side of your momentum is the calandared side and is considered the wrong or bottom side. Good luck with your quilt.

In Make Your Own Gear » New Momentum in gear list
May 13, 3:45pm

Re: New Momentum in gear list
Aaron, What is the crescent shaped slit in your half bag for? Also is the half bag for your upper or lower body?

In Make Your Own Gear » New Momentum in gear list
May 12, 11:50am

Re: MLD Devotion
I think he intends on offering his sleeping bags again when he can get through his back log of orders. It might be awhile though if things stay like they have been.

In GEAR » MLD Devotion
May 04, 6:50am

Re: Re: Re: PCT thru hike gearlist
Ryan, It was interesting to see your gear list because I have done the same thing but I have no idea when I will do the hike. A couple of comments: Do you hike in wind pants and tights i...

In Gear Lists » PCT thru hike gearlist
May 02, 7:11pm

Re: MLD liteSoul bivy
It seems kinda weird that there would be that much difference in the weight of the two bivies. The MLD bivy has a momentum top that has a finished weight per square yard that Ron claims is the same...

In GEAR » MLD liteSoul bivy
April 14, 7:39am

My avatar is of myself at the Bean lake overlook on the SHT. It is from a day hike my fiance and I went on last july.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Your Avatar
April 11, 9:15am

Re: Re: What is the best wicking t-shirt?
I have been watching this thread and thought I would chime in because the Icebreaker superfine 140 was mentioned. I bought one of these shirts a few weeks ago. So far I am very happy with it. I hav...

In GEAR » What is the best wicking t-shirt?
April 02, 10:29am

All Reader Reviews by Stuart Burke

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Simblissity Levagaiter
I love these gaiters. I wear them every time I go hiking. They breathe well, dry fast, keep debris out of my shoes and stay in place. When I first used the gaiters it took a few tries to get the fit r...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
February 26, 4:47pm

Montrail Stratos XCR
I like mine quite a bit. They fit well and are reasonably light. My only complaint after hiking 40 miles with them is that the padding around the ankle soaks up a lot of water and takes a long time (s...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
October 31, 8:39pm