BPL Community Profile

Brian Barnes (brianjbarnes) - BPL Guest

My Locale Midwest
About Me "A natural sprinter, very dangerous over short distances."
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brian Barnes

Showing 161 - 170 of 400 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...40

Forum » Thread

RE: Inner Winter Tent for the DuoMID
My goal is to prevent spindrift/major gusts from entering the sleeping area, increase the warmth a bit, and avoiding the need for a bivy. When I figure out how to export a google sketchup drawing a...

In Make Your Own Gear » 1443 tyvek for inner winter tent
February 06, 11:59am

RE: "Re-designed Mariposa Plus?"
Just received my son's new stays today (he uses a small mariposa plus). Looks like it's very significant improvement on how the pack fits and transfer weight! Hats off to the guy's at G...

In GEAR » Re-designed Mariposa Plus?
February 05, 4:24pm

RE: "1443 tyvek for inner winter tent"
Thanks all - very informative thread... Looks like it has boiled down to 1.1osy ripstop nylon as the best choice (since it's commonly available in the US).

February 05, 3:46pm

Thanks Roger! Appreciate the info...

February 04, 5:51pm

Nia - not exactly sure why not. Here's the quote from AYCE over at Thru-Hiker: "It would not be a good choice. Momentum-MR is a soft-goods shell material for things like apparel and sleep...

February 04, 4:53pm

Just an update: 1) e-mail the kite building site and they said all of their ripstop was coated so that it would not be breathable... darn... 2) e-mailed AYCE at Thru-Hiker and he agreed that...

February 04, 2:36pm

1443 tyvek for inner winter tent
I'm considering making an inner fabric tent for winter use for the MLD DuoMid. Has anyone used 1443 tyvek for such an application? It's ~ 1.18 ounces/yd^2 (~40 g/m^2), breathable, and water...

February 03, 7:00pm

RE: "UL Uncoated Nylon for Inner Tent"
Ben - Quest outfitters has some here: http://www.questoutfitters.com/fabric%20uncoated-cart.htm#1.1%20UNCOATED%20RIPSTOP

In Make Your Own Gear » UL Uncoated Nylon for Inner Tent
February 03, 10:45am

RE: "Natural wood sealant???"
Nice work Craig! It also has dual use if you pack a bushbuddy! ;)

In Make Your Own Gear » Natural wood sealant???
February 01, 10:11pm

RE: "FS: One of a Kind All-Season Big Agnes Seedhouse 2 SL"
You guys are a riot! Now go away and leave poor Ben alone before he short circuits his keyboard with the tears streaming down his face. Hey Ben - I've got ask - is this your one and only SL...

In Gear Swap » FS: One of a Kind All-Season Big Agnes Seedhouse 2 SL
February 01, 5:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Brian Barnes

Brian Barnes has posted no reviews.