BPL Community Profile

twig . (bretthartwig) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Australia
About Me Lightweight backpacker
CityAdelaide
StateSouth Australia
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by twig .

Showing 161 - 170 of 197 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Forum » Thread

Coneless Ben
C'mon Ben, Get a Caldera, you know you want one!!!! No one will hold it against you, Franco has shown you how you can pack one without any wasted space, you'll save a bit of fuel and you m...

In GEAR » Using long Handle spoon as pot lifter?
June 24, 2:37am

Help me brainstorm a Caldera Cone (TM) for the FireLite 475ml Ti Trapper's Mug
Nice one Rand! I didn't try a caldera for ages because of the packing issues, but I have been using a caldera with a Firelite 550 lately and am really impressed, near boiling enough water for 2...

In Make Your Own Gear » Help me brainstorm a Caldera Cone (TM) for the FireLite 475ml Ti Trapper's Mug
June 24, 2:26am

Help me brainstorm a Caldera Cone (TM) for the FireLite 475ml Ti Trapper's Mug
Jason, I think if the taper on the cone is steep enough and the cone is divided in half horizontally, then 2 parts of the cone will support each other with a 1/4 inch or so overlap. The top ring ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Help me brainstorm a Caldera Cone (TM) for the FireLite 475ml Ti Trapper's Mug
June 17, 4:22am

z rest seat
This has become my most used item for: - Padding in my G6 pack -Seat in camp (obviously!) -Folded in half and propped upright it becomes my food cozy -Folded in 1/3 it becomes my pillow at night.

In Multiple Use Gear » z rest seat
June 14, 3:39pm

SUL 24.8g liquid feed canister stove
Franco, I get aluminium flashing from mitre 10 in SA for under $5 a metre, let me know and I can send you some over. Sorry to hijack the post, back to the stove, nice stove Tony, nice stove.

In Make Your Own Gear » SUL 24.8g liquid feed canister stove
June 10, 6:15am

where to buy patagonia gear (with reasonable international shipping)"
Hi Ashley, Due to licencing agreements or something most places won't send Patagonia gear to Australia. You can buy direct from Patagonia, you need to phone them up, not sure of their shipping...

In GEAR » where to buy patagonia gear (with reasonable international shipping)
June 09, 8:04pm

New Pants
I have had a pair of Cloudveil pants with their inertia fabric, that after only a few wears started to get a major wrinkled look in the outer fabric. The inner lining has also pilled quickly too. A...

In GEAR » New Pants
June 05, 7:54pm

video cameras
Hi Ron, This one may suit your needs, I saw one recently in a shop bubbling away inside a fish tank, should be handy for filming your new underwater tarp setup. As with most video cameras the wide...

In Photography » video cameras
May 25, 12:13am

ultralight water prefilter
I use my water filter inside a cut off platy (you can see the red filter rubber inside the spout), transferring it into another container is easier as the spout acts as a funnel and the water press...

In GEAR » ultralight water prefilter
May 18, 5:10pm

ultralight water prefilter
Yep Ben, I'm not into replacing coffee filters constantly, the curved shape of this design helps to keep the filter clear, plus it can be removed to allow me to use my platypus as normal. I re...

In GEAR » ultralight water prefilter
May 17, 11:40pm

All Reader Reviews by twig .

twig . has posted no reviews.