BPL Community Profile

twig . (bretthartwig) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Australia
About Me Lightweight backpacker
CityAdelaide
StateSouth Australia
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by twig .

Showing 161 - 170 of 202 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Caldera Mini
Hi Roger, I have punched 8 holes in the bottom of the cone (you may be able to see a couple of them in the 2nd pic where the cone is inverted packed away.) I used the same hole set up as the full ...

In GEAR » Caldera Mini
August 25, 10:30pm

Caldera Mini
I love the Caldera Cone and wanted to make it a bit more compact to fit in my trapper mug, so I cut off the bottom 2 inches, then used a silicon egg ring to lift up the mug by 2 inches. I now have ...

In GEAR » Caldera Mini
August 25, 10:22pm

Quilt straps source??
You can ask Nunatak, they sent me some a while back.

In GEAR » Quilt straps source??
July 31, 9:00pm

The future of the GPS
Garmin must think touch screen is the way to go too. https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=145&pID=14906

In GEAR » The future of the GPS
July 13, 5:29pm

Help me brainstorm a Caldera Cone (TM) for the FireLite 475ml Ti Trapper's Mug
Hi Rand, I think a lot of people who are using the trappers mug are using it for it's lightweight and simplicity. Someone in a previous post mentioned a half height caldera with tabs affixed t...

In Make Your Own Gear » Help me brainstorm a Caldera Cone (TM) for the FireLite 475ml Ti Trapper's Mug
July 01, 3:57am

Coneless Ben
C'mon Ben, Get a Caldera, you know you want one!!!! No one will hold it against you, Franco has shown you how you can pack one without any wasted space, you'll save a bit of fuel and you m...

In GEAR » Using long Handle spoon as pot lifter?
June 24, 2:37am

Nice one Rand! I didn't try a caldera for ages because of the packing issues, but I have been using a caldera with a Firelite 550 lately and am really impressed, near boiling enough water for 2...

In Make Your Own Gear » Help me brainstorm a Caldera Cone (TM) for the FireLite 475ml Ti Trapper's Mug
June 24, 2:26am

Jason, I think if the taper on the cone is steep enough and the cone is divided in half horizontally, then 2 parts of the cone will support each other with a 1/4 inch or so overlap. The top ring ...

June 17, 4:22am

z rest seat
This has become my most used item for: - Padding in my G6 pack -Seat in camp (obviously!) -Folded in half and propped upright it becomes my food cozy -Folded in 1/3 it becomes my pillow at night.

In Multiple Use Gear » z rest seat
June 14, 3:39pm

SUL 24.8g liquid feed canister stove
Franco, I get aluminium flashing from mitre 10 in SA for under $5 a metre, let me know and I can send you some over. Sorry to hijack the post, back to the stove, nice stove Tony, nice stove.

In Make Your Own Gear » SUL 24.8g liquid feed canister stove
June 10, 6:15am

All Reader Reviews by twig .

twig . has posted no reviews.