BPL Community Profile

jeffrey armbruster (book) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me bookseller. nordic skier. backpacker.
Cityberkeley
Stateca
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 161 - 170 of 581 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...59

Forum » Thread

Adding an inner to a poncho+trekking poles
+1 to Jerry's post.

In GEAR » Adding an inner to a poncho+trekking poles combination?
July 08, 6:39pm

"zpacks hexamid twin tent: entry and floor Q"
You *can* use a polycryo groundsheet beneath the mesh floor with this tent if rain is not in the forecast. This would no doubt help on already wet ground. If it does begin to rain you can just yank...

In GEAR » zpacks hexamid twin tent: entry and floor Q
July 05, 7:13pm

"Shell-Rain Jacket UL/SUL recommendations"
Last year I made it through the entire hiking season just carrying a very lightweight NF waterproof jacket that didn't breathe at all and would probably soak through in several hours of rain. T...

In GEAR » Shell-Rain Jacket UL/SUL recommendations
June 27, 2:56pm

"Footwear coming back from an ankle injury"
edit

In GEAR » Footwear coming back from an ankle injury
June 18, 6:26pm

"Footwear coming back from an ankle injury"
Asolo boots tend to have stiff soles that do translate to good ankle stabilization. Powermatics are very heavy and very very comfortable. I have a lace up ankle brace with a figure eight additi...

In GEAR » Footwear coming back from an ankle injury
June 18, 1:42pm

"Best lightest pillow recommendations"
Exped blow up pillow placed in my sleeping bag stuff sack along with a down vest/jacket. Pillow on the bottom for support/volume; down on top. Very nice! I put this little combo on the ground in...

In GEAR » Best lightest pillow recommendations
June 18, 1:23pm

does using your down vest/jacket as a pillow cause damage?
I've been stuffing a down vest in my sleeping bag stuff sack, along with an exped pillow. It makes for a very good combination for me. Will this damage the down? No feather leaks so far.

In GEAR » does using your down vest/jacket as a pillow cause damage?
June 14, 9:52pm

"Love in the High SIerra"
"Up and Down California" is a great read. King, another member of the expedition, also wrote a book about his sierra adventures (I'm blanking on the title) which is terrific too. Like...

In On the Web » Love in the High SIerra
June 13, 10:48pm

"Maybe my first solo trip this weekend??"
Go! Hiking solo will eventually spoil you. I mostly hike alone and love it! Evenings, there are usually people around to share company; if not, I bring a book. Well, kindle. Seriously, it's a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Maybe my first solo trip this weekend??
June 11, 12:17pm

"Has anyone used polycryo under Hexamid net?"
Thanks for the replies. Just to be clear, I'll use the polycryo under the net, and the cuben floor inside. So it looks like this is a good idea on dry nights; good to hear that even in rain...

In GEAR » Has anyone used polycyro under Hexamid net?
June 10, 2:56pm

All Reader Reviews by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Vasque Breeze GTX
These boots really are a breeze on your feet. Unlike another reviewer, I found these boots to have terrific ankle support. However, the deal-killer for me is the relatively narrow toe box. Full disclo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 16, 7:35pm