BPL Community Profile

Bill Fornshell (bfornshell) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern Texas
About Me I have been a member here since 24 August, 2003.

I believe in SUL and Lighter, Backpacking, and make most of my own gear. If you have a question about something I have made you can read about most of it here or on my Blog.

http://ultraliteskunkworks.blogspot.com/

Please Note:

I don't make things for other people. Thanks for asking but the answer to all, is NO.
CitySan Antonio
StateTexas
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bill Fornshell

Showing 161 - 170 of 1794 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...180

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: The lightest Down Air Mats (DAM?)
Hi, Take a look at what I was doing several years ago. It wasn't as light as I was trying for but it sure was warm. Poly Tube Down Air Mattress (DAM) First Generation MYOG - Down Air ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cross between Quilt and sleep bag?
December 04, 9:01am

Re: Discrepancy between needed CLO and theoretically needed CLO?
Hi, Read over this article. It lists some Down Loft numbers vs temperature ratings. This can be used for planning. Sleeping Bag Temperature Ratings For an idea of CLO ratings vs tempe...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Discrepancy between needed CLO and theoretically needed CLO?
December 03, 10:59pm

Re: Re: Climategate
"Shouldn't science be subject to honest peer review?" Peer review by family. These folks don't know the meaning of "Honest". I agree, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, buys an...

In Chaff » Climategate
December 03, 7:21pm

They Blinded me with Science
They Blinded me with Science Do you need a good laugh?

In Chaff » They Blinded me with Science
December 03, 7:13pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Insulation efficiency of different down densities?"
Adrian, The Skaha Vest published weight for a size medium of 5.5 ounces and 3.25 fill weight leaves 1.75 ounce which includes both the inside material and the outside material. Then you add a s...

In GEAR » Insulation efficiency of different down densities?
November 29, 12:43pm

Pocket Saw - Folding Saw
Here is my solution for a light weight folding saw. I modified one of the Japanese Silky "Pocket Boy" Folding Saws. It started out weighting 6.6 ounces and when I was finished it weighe...

In GEAR » ultralight wood cutting / chopping / splitting solutions?
November 25, 5:05pm

Re: You Zealots! What about the Triumph?
Hi Christopher, Mine is a size extra large and weighs 12.7 ounces on my gram scale. To bad they no longer sell them.

In GEAR » Rain shell opinions need
November 23, 9:04am

Rain Shell Options - What about the OR Celestial?
Several years ago a friend and I were going to do some hiking on the Southern end of the AT during the spring. We were looking for a really good rain jacket. I went with the OR Celestial becaus...

In GEAR » Rain shell opinions need
November 22, 1:01pm

Re: Qulliq
Miguel, Check out this video: Video Link

In Make Your Own Gear » Qulliq
November 22, 10:01am

MYOG Hand/Toe Warmers - Toe Cozies
Hi Nate, Yours look great. I called mine "Toe Cozies" and I did not use Cuben Fiber for them. Mine were made during a hike with what I had with me. I sewed them with a needle and ...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Hand/Toe Warmers
November 19, 10:34am

All Reader Reviews by Bill Fornshell

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BMW (BPL) UL 60 Balaclava
Cocoon UL 60 Balaclava - Multi-Purpose - 5/5 I have had my Cocoon Balaclava since they first shipped. When I got it I was in the middle of several things and just looked it over, put it on, bless...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
July 08, 10:08pm

OR (Outdoor Research)
During the planning for my AT Hike this coming January I got out my old OR Advanced Bivy. I had used it only a few times after I bought it about 10 years ago and wanted to have a good look at it set ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 29, 4:41pm

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
1. Being able to have a picture and a little information about us all and a possible way to send a private email to other members. 2. A list of all our replies to threads in date order. This alone ...

In Books and Media
October 27, 8:16pm

Patagonia Dragonfly pullover
I have to agree with everyone about the Patagonia DragonFly. I bought 2 on a close-out sale for $29.95 each. You can't hardly beat that for a really great piece of gear.

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
December 19, 9:22am