Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Benen Huntley (benen) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South Australia
About Me I'm new to backpacking but love camping, rock climbing and the outdoors.
CityHighbury
StateSouth Australia
My PDF Gear ListBasic Gear List (summer and winter)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Benen Huntley

Showing 161 - 170 of 193 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Forum » Thread

thanks
Thanks! So you take a big mug and a stove each for 200g total? Is that mug big enough to eat ceral or something out of though? That was a concern for me and helped point me towards the larger 0.8...

In GEAR » Cook / Eat system
March 23, 10:28pm

Cook / Eat system
Currently I will be using an msr dragonfly and a flex 3 for my wife and I. that is our car camping gear. I'm very tempted to go the whitebox stove with an msr titanium kettle and mug each. ...

In GEAR » Cook / Eat system
March 23, 9:42pm

Dean
Hey dean, yes it does tend to be hot and dry in summer but can also get quite cool and wet during the cooler months. Down to below freezing in many areas in fact. This is why I would like somethin...

In Gear Lists » New to backpacking
March 23, 8:51pm

Updated Gear List
Hi again :) I've spent the last few days going over my gear list. As some of you know, some gear I have, some gear I'm getting ready to purchase. The items I already have are in italics. ...

In Gear Lists » Updated Gear List
March 23, 8:36pm

weights
thanks :) looking more promising with every reply! Does anyone know how much each part weighs?

In GEAR » Help me pick a tent!
March 23, 6:18pm

Help me pick a tent!
Hi Everyone :) I know I recently posted about tents but I'm still in a dilemma! I'm seriously looking at the Scarp 2 as well as the MSR CR2 and MSR HH HP. Do Tarptent make a footpr...

In GEAR » Help me pick a tent!
March 23, 5:15pm

nick
It's not a complete list yet. A massive work in progress. The list is all in grams. We don't use imperial in Australia but on the right i have totals in kg, oz and # - The rain cover...

March 22, 8:19am

vitamin container
I use and empty plastic vitamin container for sugar. It has a wide mouth and would be suitable for oil also. Thanks mum. haha

In GEAR » jars for oils
March 21, 11:09pm

gearlist
Please have a look at my proposed gear list under my profile :)

March 21, 10:15pm

nick
Hi Nick! I'm from SA too, near modbury. I think i'm going to go for the carbon reflex. I know it's expensive but i guess im just comfortable using a brand i know and trust. As for ...

March 21, 10:13pm

All Reader Reviews by Benen Huntley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Hermits Hut
I just purchased two WM Ultralite bags from HH and they arrived today. I got an email to say when they were shipped and the shipped free from America to Australia. Couldn't be happier.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 31, 6:36am

Western Mountaineering The Company
As was previously said. I also live in Australia and they will not allow american retailers to sell to us. Ridiculous. I was surprised that I managed to purchase 2 sleeping bags from hermitshut which ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 23, 7:37pm