Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ben 2 World (ben2world) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale So Cal
About Me Ben 2 World has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben 2 World

Showing 161 - 170 of 10277 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...1028

Forum » Thread

Re: Times change H
@Willie Yeah, except we have people living thousands of miles away insisting those supporters are either ignorant or closet racists or both -- no matter what they say! And it is this myopic, d...

In Chaff » SC Governor is So Wrong!
July 08, 10:52am

Re: Casual and Cool: Polyester or Cotton/Merino?
Christopher: First all, regardless of labeling (e.g. "Coolmax") -- nothing will keep you comfy and cool in truly hot/muggy weather. This is probably obvious since we will just sweat n...

In GEAR » Casual and Cool: Polyester or Cotton/Merino?
July 08, 10:45am

Re: Frontier Pro Portable Water Filter (Series III Green Line Bacteria Filter)
@Jimmy: That looks like a fantastic improvement over the Frontier Pro -- which I have been using for the last few years. Wonder what the weight penalty is? I've always preferred "do...

In GEAR » Frontier Pro Portable Water Filter (Series III Green Line Bacteria Filter)
July 08, 10:37am

Re: Re: Re: My education from a white Southerner
"I meant "ignorant" in the literal sense." And you are still wrong in the literal sense. You initially wrote: "Anyone who doesn't understand what it stands for (no...

July 08, 10:07am

Re: My education from a white Southerner
"Well, my personal anecdote was there only to give an example experience, to support the contention that the racist connotation of the Confederate battle flag was quite apparent (to at least s...

July 08, 9:26am

Re: Re: Re: Re: My education from a white Southerner
"apparently, the legislature is voting to take flag down - not violation of freedom of expression" Form vs. substance, Jerry. As mentioned already, technically, no, there is no viol...

July 08, 9:21am

Re: Arc'Teryx
"I've seen Dead Bird military GTX parkas and pants that, as a suit, were over $1,000. Now that's as silly as it gets. Actually, if you compare to some of the more expensive women...

In GEAR » new for 2016
July 08, 12:16am

Re: "Club membership"
"c'mon Ben, I appreciate your comments : )" nm... :)

In Chaff » Survey Points to Challenges NATO Faces Over Russia
July 07, 11:03pm

AMERICA's Got Talent
Curse you, Michael. We can't let ISIS win!!!

In Chaff » The Darwin competition is heating up
July 07, 12:53pm

Re: My education from a white Southerner
"Let me tell you, he knew EXACTLY what that flag stood (stands) for and told me in no uncertain terms!... Anyone who doesn't understand what it stands for (now and for the last 50 yrs) is ...

July 07, 12:50pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben 2 World

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Big Sky Ultra C Aluminum Tent Stakes
I've been using titanium shepherd hook stakes for years now -- loving their ultralight weight but disappointed with their suboptimal ground penetration and holding power. These stakes can be bent...

In Miscellaneous Products
January 09, 8:02pm

Titanium Goat Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
I received my pair and went on a moderate 2-hour hike today (approx. 2,000 ft. elevation gain over 2.7 miles -- then returning back down). I find the specs to be accurate, and the poles a beauty to...

In Trekking Poles
July 06, 11:33pm

MontBell Versalite 20
This is a no-thrills but well-constructed frameless day pack. You can see photo and specs here. You can also see BPL...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 04, 7:18pm

Coleman F1 Ultralight
The first review touched on the F1's performance. This post will describe and critique the set up process. Prior to buying the F1, I have used the MSR PocketRocket (PR). With the PR, all you ...

In Stoves - Canister
January 28, 11:03am

Micropur MP 1 Chlorine Dioxide Water Purifier Tablet
Comparison to Potable Aqua above is incorrect. For bacteria and viruses, Micropur is just as effective and easy to use (15 minutes treatment time). It is only for protozoa (e.g. cryptosporidium) t...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
January 06, 9:28am