BPL Community Profile

Ben 2 World (ben2world) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale So Cal
About Me Ben 2 World has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben 2 World

Showing 161 - 170 of 9602 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...961

Forum » Thread

Re: silk baselayer
Not sure about pricing.. but I really like my Winter Silks long johns tops and bottoms -- weighing 8oz. in total. May be worth a look.

In GEAR » silk baselayer
April 06, 2:47pm

Moved?
"It should have been the the gear swap that got moved." Chaff got moved? Where? How?

In Chaff » CHAFF!!!!! ARE YOU THERE??!!!!!
April 06, 1:59pm

Don't Forget The Canadian Jean Beliveau
Jean Beliveau hiked for 11 years straight! AT? Trans Canada? Mere segments of the man's amazing journey! Read more about him here

In GEAR » WORLDS GREATEST HIKER?
April 04, 10:28pm

Re: Pack Size
@Spyros: I don't like having a bunch of stuff hanging off my pack. But the one thing I always attach to the outside is my tent: 1. You can save significant pack space -- or maybe get aw...

In GEAR » Need help for my 1P tent.
April 04, 2:08pm

Re: About protection and poles.
@ Spyros: Buying dedicated pole(s) -- because you don't use trekking poles -- is no different than buying a tent that comes with its own poles. Don't let that cloud your analyses. Si...

April 04, 1:16pm

Re: This is our America
Daryl - Thanks. Lynn -- what troubles me -- as if seeing our public infrastructure and school systems deteriorating isn't troubling enough -- is how the graph might be just an outward sympto...

In Chaff » This is our America
April 04, 1:09pm

Re: Need help for my 1P tent.
1) Nemo Gogo LE - To me, a "tent" that you can't sit up in is a glorified bivy. Nothing wrong with that, but depends on whether that feature is important to you. 2) Tarptent Momen...

April 04, 12:10pm

Re: Drones and phones
Flying drones to act as surrogate cell towers sounds to me an effort to ensure cell communication in a particular war zone (or such) for a particular duration -- not permanently for any place and t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Drones and phones
April 04, 10:38am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: This is our America
"I also think 'we' really get off on being THE superpower." Yes, it is that. And when we hear the press (CNN, etc.) and others agitating to intervene in Syria and Iran and NK,...

In Chaff » This is our America
April 03, 8:58pm

Re: Houdini
Jeff: I've had my Houdini for a few years now, and it's still in excellent shape. This is one of my favorite pieces of gear. If color is important to you, I would say spend the money -...

In GEAR » houdini fit - mens vs. womens
April 03, 8:29pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben 2 World

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Big Sky Ultra C Aluminum Tent Stakes
I've been using titanium shepherd hook stakes for years now -- loving their ultralight weight but disappointed with their suboptimal ground penetration and holding power. These stakes can be bent...

In Miscellaneous Products
January 09, 8:02pm

Titanium Goat Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
I received my pair and went on a moderate 2-hour hike today (approx. 2,000 ft. elevation gain over 2.7 miles -- then returning back down). I find the specs to be accurate, and the poles a beauty to...

In Trekking Poles
July 06, 11:33pm

MontBell Versalite 20
This is a no-thrills but well-constructed frameless day pack. You can see photo and specs here. You can also see BPL...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 04, 7:18pm

Coleman F1 Ultralight
The first review touched on the F1's performance. This post will describe and critique the set up process. Prior to buying the F1, I have used the MSR PocketRocket (PR). With the PR, all you ...

In Stoves - Canister
January 28, 11:03am

Micropur MP 1 Chlorine Dioxide Water Purifier Tablet
Comparison to Potable Aqua above is incorrect. For bacteria and viruses, Micropur is just as effective and easy to use (15 minutes treatment time). It is only for protozoa (e.g. cryptosporidium) t...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
January 06, 9:28am