BPL Community Profile

eric chan (bearbreeder) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale eric chan hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me eric chan has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by eric chan

Showing 161 - 170 of 3899 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...390

Forum » Thread

marketing
this kind of marketing is rampant in the outdoor industry ... headlamps, WPB jackets, DWR, down/synth puffies, etc ... its all "facts" cooked up by the marketing departments to convinc...

In GEAR » Excellent headlamp review and deceptive advertising
January 30, 12:51pm

Poofay
If the down is one of those with high powered non DWR fill ... Theres a good chance it is losing its loft from humidity The old 500-600 fill caps tend to not lose loft so much as its more resist...

In GEAR » Down hat vs wool hat... wool seems to be the better choice?
January 28, 2:01pm

Re: Re: Down synth
Most interesting So if you mix primaloft with down it doesnt degrade from compression? Hmmmm ;)

In GEAR » OR 2014 SNEAK PEAKS
January 24, 6:59pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Some OR questions
Dustin, thats an interesting take that i hadnt considered So basically were paying for marginal performance gains most of us will never use effectively ... And paying more for something that wea...

January 24, 10:56am

Re: Re: Some OR questions
The question is what happens to the down when the synth goes flat from repeated compression I assume the synth is short staple to achieve that performance ;)

January 24, 7:44am

Down synth
Will the synth degrade before the down? One of the reasons to buy down is that it resists loft loss due to compression over time Synth degrades with constant compression ... These down/syn...

January 23, 11:22pm

sales
just buy em at 50%+ off .... MEC also makes merino but its not as cheap as it used to be, though they do go on clearance bankbreaker also makes the "red ram" line which is 200 wt an...

In GEAR » reasonably priced wool clothing?
January 22, 11:53pm

manufacturers
many "mainstream" manufacturers make UL gear .... plenty of people use em ... BPL has even given quite a few positive reviews ... UL down jackets, down sleeping bags, some mainstream p...

In GEAR » How do you find cottage gear?
January 22, 2:45pm

Eb
The eb guides pants are not very durable IMO, i blew thru two pairs in two years Any light softshell/nylon pants around that weight will do the job Just pick up whatever fits best from a dece...

In GEAR » Arcteryx palisade pants replacement
January 18, 10:06pm

Re: Re: MEC microgrid fleece sale
contact MEC ... email em or fbook em they should resolve the issue ;)

In Gear Deals » MEC microgrid fleece sale
January 16, 2:54pm

All Reader Reviews by eric chan

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
the key to using this jacket is to use it under a windshell or synthetic jacket like a nanopuff by itself the shell is fairly fragile, there are no pockets, there is no waist string ... however ...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
December 30, 7:44pm