BPL Community Profile

Brian Johns (bcutlerj) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale NorCal
About Me Brian Johns has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Francisco
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brian Johns

Showing 161 - 170 of 685 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...69

Forum » Thread

Excellent Six Moon Designs Deals
The Skyscape X is in stock, and the Skyscape Trekker (seriously great solo shelter) is a steal for $180. I am guessing the Scout model is only $100. No better intro to the world of UL packing than...

In Gear Deals » Excellent Six Moon Designs Deals
December 16, 11:16pm

Re: Re: Re: sieko
No. It is the original band. I mentioned above, they offer these in colors. They are all military / police specific (khaki, Navy, Black, etc.). They ripped off the NATO band, but did it a dis-s...

In GEAR » Let's see a picture of your WATCH thread.
December 16, 10:18pm

Re: Will It Work OK?
The originals - as I understand it - are more likely to be an ounce or more lighter than the current version. Floor dimensions should be the same. Not sure about the side walls Bet the new is hi...

In GEAR » My Hexamid with SMD serenity net!
December 16, 9:52pm

Re: sieko
It meets Nick G's requirements of being light and durable. And it's surprisingly accurate. Also keeps time most days after being off for 12-24 hours. Waterproof to sport diving depths - ...

December 16, 9:03pm

Re: Re: Re: Close encounters of the most scary and odoriferous kind
Skunks are pretty bad at Point Reyes National Seashore up here. But ... I find them to be, for the most part, tolerable. It's obvious when there is one because entire camps move from site to ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Close encounters of the most scary and odoriferous kind
December 16, 8:26pm

Re: Re: Infographic / flier to hand out to newbies to help lighten their packs.
Did you ever ready Bill Bryson's hilarious "Walk in the Woods" where he makes fun of the AT gear-minded hikers who spend nights by the fire boasting about the see through pack panels ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Infographic / flier to hand out to newbies to help lighten their packs.
December 16, 8:18pm

Watch so basic ...
I use a seiko 5 auotmatic military style watch for casual and field use. At home I usually wear a diver model also automatic but a little dressier. But this is the daily beater for the field. no...

December 16, 7:44pm

Re: tents
I think the shaped tarp (and/or bug canopy/bivy/net) is the way to go for transition purposes. It really is a traditional tent just with lighter components. They feel no different, whereas, a bi...

In GEAR » tents
December 16, 7:34pm

Oookworks Floors are a great cuben/polycro Alternative
I have an Oookworks "chicara" floor (it's a spinnaker like ripstop silnylon - I think). Anway, I think my pad-sized (slightly smaller than the Oookwords standard sized tub floor, wei...

In GEAR » Ground Sheets
December 16, 7:25pm

Arc Packs
You should look at the reviews. The user controls the amount of arch. I have the no-frame zero and can say it's quite comfy. I don't think you'd have any problem allocating the majority...

In GEAR » Short torso pack help
December 13, 9:20pm

All Reader Reviews by Brian Johns

Brian Johns has posted no reviews.