BPL Community Profile

Paul Wagner (balzaccom) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wine Country
About Me Decades of hiking and backpacking in the Sierra...and beyond. Check out our website for fun, stories, trip reports, photos and philosophy!
CityNapa
StateCA
My Website URLhttps://sites.google.com/site/backpackthesierra/home

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Wagner

Showing 161 - 170 of 399 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...40

Forum » Thread

One more shot
here: OK....but how do I load the photos off Picasa?

In Post-Trip Reports » Day hike to start the season
May 27, 9:02pm

photos
OK. I tried. Clicked on the button, got the pop-up screen. Selected a photo and clicked away. Waited 30 seconds, nothing happened. Is it really that slow? Cancelled that command, and cam...

May 27, 8:55pm

photos
Both good points. But the real reason I didn't post the photos is that I don't know how. And I've asked on these boards before. I know how to post a link...I just don't know ho...

May 27, 8:34pm

Grouse Lake
Actually, we find Grouse Lake the least attractive place to camp in Emigrant Wilderness. There are lily pads covering virtually all of the shoreline, and the north side of the lake, which is flat,...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Emigrant
May 27, 8:20pm

Day hike to start the season
We didn't have packs on our backs, or a tent in our pack....but we did get out this weekend for as day hike, just to make sure that we hadn't forgotten how to hike. Plus, we wanted to see ...

May 27, 12:43pm

Emigrant
We love this area. You get your permits at the Summit Ranger station. They are free, and there are no trail quotas. You will have to tell the rangers where you are going to spend each night---or...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Emigrant
May 26, 10:57pm

filter
WE use a filter. Works fine, and that way we don't have to worry. Water is cold and tastes great. The tablets are lighter, and work as well, but they take more time, and affect the taste...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Dry year on the JMT?
May 22, 8:05pm

Nelson Lake
Exactly. And people rarely ask for that option, so the trailhead is almost always under quota.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Walk up permits in Yosemite, July
May 17, 7:19am

couples
We do all of our backpacking as a couple. TO Brian's point, if one of us doesn't feel up to something, we both stop. We have not done major through hikes--longest is about a week--but ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Couples hiking PCT
May 17, 7:17am

Yosemite
Man, that's a lot of miles, given that he won't get to start until Friday morning, because he's already missed the Thursday shuttle bus. Three days for that? It's more than we lik...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » You have 3 full days in yosemite...what do you do?
May 17, 6:59am

All Reader Reviews by Paul Wagner

Paul Wagner has posted no reviews.