Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Christopher Holden (back2basics) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southeast USA
About Me Christopher Holden has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Christopher Holden

Showing 161 - 170 of 444 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...45

Forum » Thread

Re: Sarah's Fattening Coconut Berry Oatmeal
What brand is the coconut cream powder? I'd like to find it in powder form. I've only used the cream. That recipe looks like it would be a great source of energy to start the day. The carbs...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Carrot Cake Oatmeal - Something a little different
August 14, 4:32am

Re: Southeast Summer List
I never realized the Ion was that light. My Jam2 is about a pound and a half! If pack volume is an issue, you could probably strap that sleeping pad to the outside (top or bottom? I don't see l...

In Gear Lists » Southeast Summer List
August 13, 8:44pm

Re:Propore versus Tyvek
Allison, That's my take on it. I've neve worn Tyvek, only used it as a ground sheet. I have a set of DriDucks (owned by Frogg Toggs). The propore stuff is somewhat breathable, but I wouldn...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Rainwear 2008: Current Favorites, New Introductions, and New Technologies (Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2008)
August 13, 8:20pm

Re: G5 pack
I got you mixed up with another Pat. I don't have your email address and I can't attach photos via PM, so I posted back on the thread. See: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpa...

In Gear Swap » FS: Closet Clear Out - Part I
August 13, 4:08am

Re: pack
Patrick, I just realized you're not the same Pat that mailed me about the pack privately. I didn't have your email address to attach photos, so attaching them here. See outside and inside...

August 13, 4:06am

Re: Trip Report - Tahoe Rim Trail
"Did find some areas that were full of yellowjackets. I got stung by one that went up my shorts!" Yeah. That's worth knocking a few points off the perfect score. Other than that, i...

In Post-Trip Reports » Trip Report - Tahoe Rim Trail
August 12, 4:52pm

Re: Re: postage fun.
*gasp* I can't even begin to imagine childhood without Jolly Ranchers. The name has been attached to many things, but for me, it was always the hard candy. The key is to let them melt in you...

In GEAR » Derma-safe Knife
August 12, 4:14pm

Re: trailjournals
Al Gore invented this thing called the web browser for his intarweb. Once you find one that works, try "gis appalachian trail" or something that applies to your specific location of inter...

In On the Web » trailjournals.com
August 12, 4:02pm

FS: Closet Clear Out
Deleted sold items. Added a few other items.

August 10, 8:12pm

Re: Radio battery and antenna
Most things with LCD screens don't do well in high temps or direct sunlight. Slide it in the pack and hook up to an external PV cell instead. You're golden.

In Chaff » Reading a Kindle
August 10, 5:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Christopher Holden

Christopher Holden has posted no reviews.