BPL Community Profile

Aaron Sorensen (awsorensen) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South of Forester Pass
About Me Turning my hobby obsession into a part time job and maybe full time job.

I will be selling children's sleeping bags soon.
Stay tuned for updates.
CityBay Area
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 161 - 170 of 1171 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...118

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: re: re: pictures
Justin, I am digging your idea. I didn't understand your explanation before. As mentioned in a previous thread, I would still go for a 42" width. This should go all the way around at...

In Make Your Own Gear » Hybrid Down and Apex quilt.
October 03, 4:59pm

Re: Re: Lightest Expedition/Very Cold Weather jacket?
The Feathered Friends Volant Parka is the closest thing that meets your needs and is half the price of many others mentioned here. Not a bad weight either 28 ounces.

In GEAR » Lightest Expedition/Very Cold Weather jacket?
October 02, 5:07pm

Re: Lightest Expedition/Very Cold Weather jacket?
So you want over 300 but less than 400 grams of fill and weigh less than 27.5 ounces. Why would something with only 33% more of the minimum of what you want be too much? Plus at that weight you...

In GEAR » Lightest Expedition/Very Cold Weather jacket?
October 01, 4:12pm

Re: Tahoe Rim Trail October 20? Too late? Cold? Kids?
It's not the factor of being to cold. You can bring a 15 degree sleeping bag and be fine. What you can't predict is if the passes will have 60mph winds. Even if it's 45 degrees, wi...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Tahoe Rim Trail October 20? Too late? Cold? Kids?
October 01, 3:01pm

Re: Re: Ok
If you're going the nylon route, use Nobul 1. It is silky soft and will be much lighter. I have an M90 bivy that I've used inside my bag and condensation was an issue. Although the Nob...

In Make Your Own Gear » Best material for UL blanket? Anyone have any?
September 30, 9:00am

Re: Re: New Down Quilt from Sierra Designs with built in hood and hand pockets
Prolite Gear video says it's 1 pound 7 ounces.

In GEAR » New Down Quilt from Sierra Designs with built in hood and hand pockets
September 27, 7:41pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Backcountry Quilt design criteria
Hey Tim, "Is that how I came off?" No But that's how I do. So I'll be the first to step on corporate company's crap they sell and force me to make my own stuff. &...

In GEAR » New Down Quilt from Sierra Designs with built in hood and hand pockets
September 27, 5:27pm

Re: My next down bag
I've had really good luck with not much condensation at all in my -20* Marmot Col MemBrain.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » down sleeping bags
September 27, 5:06pm

Re: jmt
Andrew What was in your pack to weigh 27 pounds? I could have brought a 5 pound tent, 3 pound sleeping bag, and 4 pound pack and still have less weight than what you had. I honestly couldn...

In Post-Trip Reports » JMT in 5 days 2 hours
September 27, 5:02pm

Re: Zpacks Arcblast for Fastpacking?
I'm sure the durability of what you want is plenty for the Arc to handle. 25 pounds is a lot for a "fast pack". For fastpaking, this would be at least a weeks trek. For 25 poun...

In GEAR » Zpacks Arcblast for Fastpacking?
September 27, 4:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Fenix L2D-CE
Everything else is just a light. For its weight, its 2-40 times brighter and lasts 5-10 time longer. Now they just need to make a 3AAA headlamp with a 5/15/35 lumens setting. The only problem...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
May 13, 10:33pm

Golite 2006 Reed Pants
I got the 2006 version with out the leg zippers because it is what I wanted, (the lighter version). I'm sure the breathability that Golite claims for it is accurate, but something twice as good...

In Clothing - Raingear
March 11, 1:20pm

Nuwai 1 Watt (HLX-712L)
The Nuwai HLX-712L ROCKS!!! I found it hear for $27 http://www.amondotech.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=874 The CR123A Batteries are only $1 each as well. I have been using the Pe...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 13, 8:47pm

The North Face 2005 Hightail Long
I have a few issues with this bag that will never get addressed because the new ones have been changed completely. First the good. I found it on sale for $230. The long is only 3 oz more than t...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 01, 6:23pm

Gatorade Bottle
I have yet to have one of these leak on me. They have taking over as my go to water holder since they have been out. Platy's are just too finiky IMO. I just wish they made one a little bigger. ...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
November 30, 7:58pm