BPL Community Profile

Ashley Brown (ashleyb) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Ashley Brown hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Ashley Brown has not added a biography yet.
CitySydney
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ashley Brown

Showing 161 - 170 of 1159 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...116

Forum » Thread

Re: Weight
Minimum weight of 1.3kg not including stakes is pretty good! Some manufacturers don't include the weight of stakes in the weight of their tents (since people often swap them out anyway). So the...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » MSR Carbon Reflex 2
July 31, 12:00am

freestanding
the CR2 only needs the 4 corners staked/tied out to be freestanding A tent that falls over when the corners are not staked/tied is not free-standing is it? =-) A free-standing tent, in a pinc...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » MSR Carbon Reflex 2
July 30, 11:41pm

Re: changing winds
I would recommend camping as often as possible with your girlfriend with the gear you currently have. I'd have to agree with this. As you've noticed Tim, there are a bunch of different o...

In GEAR » Gossamer Vs Tarptent (You Pick?)
July 30, 9:03pm

Re: Hey Zack...
Hey Tim, +1 to the advice to read Mark Verber's webpages avidly... lots of really useful information which should cover a great many of your questions.

In GEAR » Gossamer Vs Tarptent (You Pick?)
July 30, 7:26pm

on politeness
I missed all of the recent posts on this thread, but obviously things got out of hand somewhere. I'd urge all regular BPL members to think before they write. This is addressed at no-one in p...

In Gear Swap » Henry Shires Tarptent Double Rainbow
July 30, 7:20pm

Re: still available afaik
He's also got a 100% ebay rating and over 100 feedbacks. I'd be happy buying. Might be worth posting some details of exactly which features or what version of the double rainbow this is....

July 30, 8:36am

Re: Henry Shires Tarptent Double Rainbow
$110 shipped on here so save me the ebay fees Wow, ebay fees are getting pretty hefty these days... over a hundred bucks! ;-)

July 30, 8:16am

Re: heavy fleece vs. ?
Most down jackets have a decent DWR these days so it isn't too tricky to keep them dry. Having said that, if you really want to go synthetic then a good option are the Montbell thermawrap ja...

In GEAR » heavy fleece vs. ?
July 30, 1:19am

question
A quick question for you.... some folks on another thread were wondering about the breathability of this garment. Can you wear it while hiking or is it for in-camp use only?

In GEAR » Insulation Warmer Than Down...
July 29, 7:30pm

Re: Re: Klymit CEO message
Personally I can't see myself ever wanting to use an inflatable jacket. Down is lighter and the only potential failure point is getting it wet, which I feel I can reasonably control. Perhaps in...

In GEAR » Insulation Warmer Than Down...
July 29, 7:27pm

All Reader Reviews by Ashley Brown

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Potable Aqua Iodine Drinking Water Germicidal Tablets
I am always amazed when people say that idodine treated water tastes horrible. Sure it does -- if you don't do it right. The key step is to neutralise the iodine with vitamin C... but don't...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
March 03, 11:02pm