Sept - AT Rt40 - Raven Rock overnighter - 28 miles

2013 trips:

Aug - Dolly Sods - weekender with friend - 12 miles
Dec - AT - overnighter from Rt 30 to Birch Run - 17 miles
CityPhiladelphia
StatePA
My Website URLhttp://asciibaron.hopto.org
My PDF Gear ListShoulder Season Tent and Tarp

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steven Hanlon

Showing 161 - 170 of 422 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...43

Forum » Thread

Mobil 1
i use Mobil 1 and change the oil every 5,000 miles. i have a Subaru boxer engine and they don't behave like in-line or V designs. before moving to Mobil 1, i would change the oil every 3,000 ...

In Chaff » oil change miles?
March 16, 8:40am

poor child
growing up, i knew i was poor, we had the World Book encyclopedia series. my kids have the internet and a Cliff Clavin of a dad.

In Chaff » The Passing of an Era
March 16, 8:35am

Re: Re: Re: ahh
"You have a fleece jacket that weighs 18.85 oz - and fleece provides relatively little warmth - that's crazy!" i now have a fleece jacket that weighs 14 ounces, cost 10 bucks and i...

In Make Your Own Gear » Super Cat stove musings
March 16, 8:31am

Re: Re: ...the slippery slope...
"How well does the Yuengling Black and Tan go with the moving away from cigars over to pipe tobacco?" i smoke a traditional English blend pipe tobacco so the Black and Tan is much bett...

March 16, 8:29am

never thought of that...
excellent topic. i never thought of cairns and blazes in the LNT context. i don't mind the smaller, 4-6 stone stacks, but some of the cairns i have seen are elaborate structures that are tot...

In Philosophy & Technique » Cairns and LNT?
March 16, 8:07am

Re: ahh
"So begins the next slide down the slippery slope..." it all started with a simple comment on my gear list "hey, that fleece is pretty heavy at 18.85 oz, i can do better than t...

March 16, 7:52am

Re: Re: Super Cat stove musings
"Just the 7" that's what i feared. this weekend will be epic and worth, minimum, 79 cents. @ John i like the idea, but i'm not buying Bud, i do have a number of Yuenglin...

March 16, 7:32am

Re: Re: Super Cat stove musings
"That story is worth every penny!" Ken, are you saying my story is only worth 47 cents? if so, i need some better stories heheh.

March 16, 7:01am

Gigastove
i have a Gigastove with a piezo and love it. never had any problem folding the handle, mine gets wrapped in a bit of bandana and then placed in my Snowpeak 700mL pot with the fuel canister. i don...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Best stove under $75
March 16, 6:42am

cigar tubes
the only use i have found for the tubes is in model railroading to make a refinery... i wouldn't put food in them. i'm moving away from cigars over to pipe tobacco. much less waste and a...

In Multiple Use Gear » Who does not love a cigar in the woods?
March 16, 6:26am

All Reader Reviews by Steven Hanlon

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Marmot Precip Jacket Mens
i picked up my Marmot Precip in 2005 from REI for $42.83 - i figured i couldn't go wrong at that price. if it didn't work well for backpacking, i could wear it as a casual jacket. it has b...

In Clothing - Raingear
November 11, 8:13am

McHale 0-Sarc UL
I have the SARC Chasm version and would recommend this pack to anyone who has suffered with ill fitting mass produced packs. It's a tad on the heavy side, but for me, that's not a problem sin...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
April 27, 5:34pm