BPL Community Profile

Art ... (asandh) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Art ... hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Art ... has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Art ...

Showing 161 - 170 of 1265 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...127

Forum » Thread

Campground ...
well of course the campground at the end makes the best sense "if" it is a decent place. can we research it a bit ?

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual BPL Spring Run -Zion Training Thread
January 27, 8:22pm

Re: Re: training
Jacob -- the Sense Mantras are good shoes, except for me the heal is too narrow (not internally but externally where the tread meets the trail). I think the Sense are designed for toe runners, and ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual BPL Spring Run -Zion Training Thread
January 27, 11:29am

Re: Re: training and head count
Craig - if you'll be in Zion and we'll be in Zion, a personal handoff complete with congratulatory handshake sounds like the plan.

January 27, 11:18am

training and head count
me (Art) and John V. are still in ... especially if there's a medal at the end :-) Training I've moved up to 45 miles a week with a 20+ every weekend moving very slow but at least I...

January 27, 10:44am

Re: Permanent Sewing
" Ok, so assuming the sliding idea isn't going to fly, how important is it that a sternum strap be able to move up and down? Has anyone just sewn it in at a particular height? " ...

In Make Your Own Gear » How to make a sternum strap that slides along piping?
January 23, 1:55pm

Re: Is the weight of water that you've already drunk that much different from the weight of carried water?
the OP's question is precisely why I half seriously suggested in another thread that weight carried should include both the weight of all gear and body weight. problem solved ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Is the weight of water that you've already drunk that much different from the weight of carried water?
January 23, 10:47am

Re: 3 Packs of Injinji Toe Socks - $9.99
thanks. does anyone know anything about this company.

In Gear Deals » 3 Packs of Injinji Toe Socks - $9.99
January 22, 12:10pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Let's get rid of the terms and definitions instead
basing things on percent of body weight allows those with extra fat on their bones to have a higher weight in each category. so say if someone who weighs 145 is having trouble hitting the SUL go...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I say let's decide on a general consensus of Ultralight definitions and terms.
January 17, 9:39am

Re: Re: Let's get rid of the terms and definitions instead
Dave - your suggestion makes no sense at all. it penalizes the healthy athletic types and rewards those who, well, are not. a better set of definitions would be to combine body weight and pack ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I say let's decide on a general consensus of Ultralight definitions and terms.
January 17, 9:10am

places to live ...
I'm afraid your secret is already out Eugene.

January 15, 9:53am

All Reader Reviews by Art ...

Art ... has posted no reviews.