BPL Community Profile

Andrew F (andrew.f) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Andrew F has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListEmigrant group trip list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andrew F

Showing 161 - 170 of 679 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...68

Forum » Thread

Re: Ground insulation.
I dunno how much was the reflective barrier and how much was because Ridgerests are warmer to begin with. Also my Z-lite is really old and somewhat flattened. But if their specs are true R2.2 vs R2...

In GEAR » Ground insulation.
October 24, 2:43pm

Re: Ground insulation.
Yes, a full length pad is important in cold weather, and mandatory on the snow. For snow camping I use a full-length NeoAir Xlite with a 52" Z-Lite under my torso. My feet get a little cold fr...

In GEAR » Ground insulation.
October 24, 1:55pm

FS: Altai Hok 125cm with X-trace universal binding
I bought them to use for easy cross-country winter backpacking. They are basically a more fun replacement for snowshoes.

In Gear Swap » FS: Altai Hok 125cm with X-trace universal binding
October 24, 12:02pm

They were my first pair of skis. They were a fun and interesting experiment, but it turns out I am a terrible skier.

October 24, 9:46am

Bump for approaching winter.

October 23, 4:40pm

Re: Bristlecone Bivy
I have the 6' left zipper. I've had it for about two years now. The quality of construction is as good as it gets, the sewing is flawless. It's generously sized - it has enough room for...

In GEAR » Bristlecone Bivy
October 23, 3:59pm

Re: Bristlecone Bivy
I have one and use it a fair amount. What do you want to know?

In GEAR » Bristlecone Bivy
October 23, 3:34pm

Re:Sierra High Route Maps
Sorry Robert, I threw most of mine away at Red's Meadow. Not what you asked, but if you go to a local Kinkos you can print Skurka's 11x17 map set double sided for about $12. Just bring in t...

In Gear Swap » Sierra High Route Maps
October 22, 6:36pm

Re: Yosemite Falls & Eagle Peak, November 23-24
David, glad you can make it. Justin, we might be able to cobble together some extra gear for you if that's all that is keeping you from coming. Otherwise, hopefully I'll see you at the ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Yosemite Falls & Eagle Peak, November 23-24
October 22, 12:00pm

Re: Mountain Hardwear jackets - Kelvinator vs. Phantom
I bought and returned a Phantom parka. I'm 5'10 and 175 lbs. The medium fit me well, except the sleeves were so tight around the forearms that the down was getting compressed. Zero room ins...

In GEAR » Mountain Hardwear jackets - Kelvinator vs. Phantom
October 22, 11:51am

All Reader Reviews by Andrew F

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

zpacks Company
I had the same experience as everyone else here. Joe got me a customized piece of gear on time and was very responsive to my questions and requests. Can't do much better than that.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
September 30, 10:01am

ULA Ohm
The Ohm is my go-to pack for trips that don't require a bear can. You can fit a Bearikade in it, but it's not very comfortable because it bulges into your back. I put a plastic frame sheet fro...

In Backpacks - Frameless
November 15, 2:15pm

Katabatic Gear Alsek
See thread with pictures and comments here: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=48962 I've used this quilt for about 20 nights no...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
November 15, 2:08pm