BPL Community Profile

Ben Crocker (alexdrewreed) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Kentucky
About Me Ben Crocker has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben Crocker

Showing 161 - 170 of 997 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...100

Forum » Thread

Glove liners in bed
"Not needed. Use the fly in your base layer as a multi-use item" The real reason Nick likes to solo backpack. :) Sorry, Nick, I couldn't resist.

In Winter Hiking » glove liners in bed
December 11, 9:05am

AT Help
Any of the AT is Maine is great in my book. I haven't done it, but hear most of NH is great too.

In Pre-Trip Planning » AT Help
December 08, 1:56pm

40 Miles of the AT from Carver's Gap to Dennis Cove
Phillip, AWOL's AT Guide is 20 bucks and gives you lots of good info about the trail and town logistics like shuttles, hostels, and food. You can buy it online direct. Its a pretty good resou...

In Post-Trip Reports » 40 Miles of the AT from Carver's Gap to Dennis Cove
December 06, 8:22am

Roan
Enjoyed your report, Jamie. I did the area a few years ago in October and the colors were spectacular I hear it's awfully pretty in June when the rhododendron are out too.

In Post-Trip Reports » 40 Miles of the AT from Carver's Gap to Dennis Cove
December 05, 8:04pm

Cooking Efficiency: Leave the lid at home, bring oil
Very cool. And oil is good to have for extra calories anyway, so it's no net extra weight at all. It seems pretty clear that the evaporative losses will be significantly less on the lower tem...

In Philosophy & Technique » Cooking Efficiency: Leave the lid at home, bring oil
December 04, 4:16pm

Choosing between a Golite Sl3, MLD Cuben Duomid and MLD Sil Trailstar
I recently looked at that lot and picked the trailstar. I picked it because I am in an area with lots rain. I prefer the large footprint to spread out on wet trips. And it has been very good for...

In GEAR » Choosing between a Golite Sl3, MLD Cuben Duomid and MLD Sil Trailstar
December 04, 2:47pm

Clothing System Help
I would be right about with Max on this. I think you're unlikely to wear the fleece much under the windshirt in those temps. If there is no wind you might find yourself just hiking in the base...

In GEAR » Clothing System Help
December 03, 10:53am

When should I do the Narrows?
I went early October a couple of years ago and it was perfect.

In Pre-Trip Planning » When should I do the Narrows?
November 26, 8:01am

Need Advice for AT Section Hike in December
The weather will probably be fine for doing that section in December. Definitely check the weather before going, though. Honestly, though, its rarely pretty in December to my aesthetics unless th...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Need Advice for AT Section Hike in December
November 25, 8:04am

Wind River High Route
Thanks for sharing. The Winds are on my list and you've certainly blazed some possibilities. Thanks for sharing.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Better than the Sierra High Route: A Complete Guide to the Wind River High Route - mile for mile, the finest non-technical Alpine route in North America
November 21, 4:16pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben Crocker

Ben Crocker has posted no reviews.