BPL Community Profile

Ben Crocker (alexdrewreed) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Kentucky
About Me Ben Crocker has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben Crocker

Showing 161 - 170 of 915 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...92

Forum » Thread

Banzai! A few gear items
I didn't mention any gear, but there were a few standouts. Two of us used my cuben trailstar with a moderate rain at night. Since there was little wind, I tied one end up about 4 feet high fo...

In Post-Trip Reports » Banzai! Slickrock Wilderness with Old Friends But No Stiffknee
July 09, 8:22am

@Mark
Glad you like them. You'll have to make it out east some day.

In Post-Trip Reports » Banzai! Slickrock Wilderness with Old Friends But No Stiffknee
July 08, 8:05pm

@Brad
I thought about starting from Joyce Milker too but it was a little extra driving for me and the Cherohala is pretty nice access too. Wish the weather had been better for us in the higher areas but ...

July 08, 8:04pm

@Leigh
The trees were the highlight of the trip. I have more photos of the flowers because it wasn't raining then. They say that about 1/3 of the area was still not cut when the dam was completed, mak...

July 08, 7:54pm

@Steven
@Steven. It does get a bit mucky down there but really a pretty area. Its not Co.but still not half bad. I spent a little time in Ar recently too. My son goes to school in Conway so we did a 3 day...

July 08, 7:47pm

Banzai! Slickrock Wilderness with Old Friends But No Stiffknee
Its the first weekend of May and 2 months post-surgery on a torn meniscus. I've been in first gear for quite awhile because of the knee, so I'm dieing to get out. My doc has released me t...

July 08, 6:07pm

Whites
Looks like a great trip, Jake. I'm always amazed how the New England trails don't switchback k. They just go straight up. I did a week on the AT in Maine last summer and really liked it. I ...

In Post-Trip Reports » White Mountains NH weekend
July 08, 4:27pm

CT
I think Andrew gives a lot of good advise. I would also look at the ZPacks website for some of your gear. Specifically, look at the ZPacks kilt, shelters, down Hood(if you need it) People seem to ...

In Gear Lists » Colorado Trail June 2014 Section Hike Gear List
July 04, 9:08am

Alcohol stoves?
Here is the post on the INYO site: Beginning June 28, and until further notice, the following restrictions will be in effect: NO CAMPFIRES, briquette barbeques, or stove fires are allowe...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » California Fire Restrictions
July 03, 2:39pm

Alcohol stoves?
I talked to the people at the INYO office today. They told me alcohol stoves are ok. I am a little concerned by her statement, though. She had to ask what I meant by an alcohol stove.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » California Fire Restrictions
July 03, 2:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben Crocker

Ben Crocker has posted no reviews.