November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Aaron Croft (aaronufl) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Oregon
About Me Aaron Croft has not added a biography yet.
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Aaron Croft

Showing 161 - 170 of 631 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...64

Forum » Thread

Apples to Oranges
In comparison to Richard's testing, after trying both the Houdini and Boreas, I found that I consistently overheated in the Houdini in moderately cool and windy temps. On the other hand, I have...

In GEAR » how breathable a wind shell is
November 26, 6:32pm

I agree with Dave. Unless I'm fairly sure that I won't be blasted by high winds (which is 50/50 here in Colorado), I spend my day hiking in beautiful places above treeline and drop below to...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Tucking into a secure location to avoid wind vs a scenic camping spot.
November 26, 6:25pm

Quilt or bag?
It comes down to your preference really (quilt vs bag), but I have to agree with Eric on this one. I'll stick with my WM bag.

In GEAR » "likely, the best backpacking sleeping bag in the world."
November 24, 3:45pm

Well said.
Well said, Eugene. Well said. Plus, I'm lucky enough to live in a super dry environment, so the premium price isn't worth it for me.

In GEAR » So who else is going to wait and not buy an insulatig jacket this year?
November 20, 10:13pm

I agree with Rog above. Durango is a beautiful place and on my short list, but it might not be much livelier than where you are currently. Since you're looking at the Front Range, I must plu...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Mountain town/city advice: Future move
November 19, 10:43pm

I know David! While I do like my Ohm 2.0 and am intrigued by my friend's HMG packs, I haven't been able to press the order button yet. Maybe one day!

In GEAR » New HMG 'Mini' Porter Pack
November 15, 6:03pm

I have seen and used both (as friends own them).

November 15, 6:02pm

I stand corrected - I'm glad to see that they change the stays. All things considered, for the conditions I backpack in, and for my uses, I find my Ohm 2.0 to suit my needs better than the H...

November 15, 5:57pm

Ohm vs Windrider
Not to derail the thread, but... I find the Ohm Pockets superior to those used on the Windrider. In addition, I remember the Windrider suffering fairly significant torso collapse once it hit 25 ...

November 15, 5:49pm

Re: Re: Re: Pockets
And then the front stuff-it pocket adds another 4.2 ounces, if you want it. Not sure how much the hip belt pockets weigh? I think the moral of the story here is that every pack (and piece of gea...

November 15, 5:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Aaron Croft

Aaron Croft has posted no reviews.