BPL Community Profile

Gary Dunckel (Zia-Grill-Guy) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Boulder
About Me Gary Dunckel has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gary Dunckel

Showing 161 - 170 of 1643 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...165

Forum » Thread

Re: Corn Flakes
If they are indeed from China, I'll test it for you. But if they're from Egypt, I'll bait my local raccoons with it instead. (Egypt, India, and Mexico--my least favorite places to get p...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Corn Flakes
March 08, 12:53pm

FS: WM Flash booties, size large
I recently bought a pair of black Western Montaineering Flash booties online. Being a size 10, I went by the WM sizing chart and ordered size large. Let me tell you, these booties run HUGE, and the...

In Gear Swap » FS: WM Flash booties, size large
March 08, 12:38pm

I think you are onto something here, BG. Lots of possibilities for a buck. Good on ya.

March 07, 10:03pm

Bob, you're thinking outside the corn flakes box again, aren't you?

March 07, 5:40pm

My favorite mascot name
Cobden Appleknockers (Illinois high school) Best team logo--Washington State Cougers

In Photography » Golden Eagle eating deer that mountain lion killed
March 04, 2:39pm

3 feet of marketing spin is worth...
Over on yesterday's cabin fever Chaff thread, Doug seemed to want to sell off central Maryland. I bet you could swap 3' of high-end marketing spin for Chevy Chase, and he might even throw i...

In Make Your Own Gear » 950 Fill Power?
March 04, 2:31pm

Re: Winter backpacking in Rocky Mountain National Park
Mags, you and Skurka are two of Boulder's finest assets. It looked like a grand trip, with proper snow and happy participants. One question--what was your location, your routes? Thanks for post...

In Post-Trip Reports » Winter backpacking in Rocky Mountain National Park
March 03, 10:05pm

Re: Winter is still here in force
Stephen, I think you should take his -30F offer. That would keep the noisy neighbors' noisy barking dogs indoors as well.

In Gear Swap » Winter is still here in force
March 03, 10:17am

Kat rocks
Kat, your photos are truly wonderful. Thanks for sharing them with us.

In Photography » Golden Eagle eating deer that mountain lion killed
March 02, 7:42pm

Re: AL vs Ti
Thanks, Tony, you've confirmed it--they're pretty much equal. Stephen, things will probably get back to normal when the daylight savings time switch comes next week. I've noticed tha...

In GEAR » Caldera cone questions
March 02, 7:26pm

All Reader Reviews by Gary Dunckel

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
Mountain House's Pro Pack meal bags fit perfectly in the PCS cup. After adding the boiling water to the bag, stirring it up, and resealing it, you can empty the remaining water from the PCS, drop ...

In Stoves - Canister
March 18, 11:41am

Hilleberg Akto
I agree that the Akto is a very strong and high quality 4-season solo tent. But I must add an anecdote to illustrate the what I feel is the tent's main weakness. In early October of '06 we wer...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
November 28, 9:08am

Salomon Tech Amhibian
What the previous posts have neglected to mention is that the Amphib is perhaps the lightest (24 ounces/pair)"running shoe" that can be taken on a standard extended backpack trip (not fast packing) fo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
October 18, 7:45pm