BPL Community Profile

Gary Dunckel (Zia-Grill-Guy) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Boulder
About Me Gary Dunckel has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gary Dunckel

Showing 161 - 170 of 1534 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...154

Forum » Thread

Source for tubing
http://www.cascadedesigns.com/platypus/filtration/accessories/gravityworks-hose-kits/product

In GEAR » Sawyer mini filter as a camp gravity system?
January 08, 2:20pm

"Has anybody ever figured out how much hose length in the middle is necessary?"
What do you mean, Bob? Are you talking about the tubing length from the dirty bag to the filter? I have learned by trial/error that 42" works nicely. Anything much less seems to slow down the ...

January 08, 1:01pm

Re: Sawyer mini filter as a camp gravity system?
My experience is quite different from Jerry's. My gravity filter system consists of a 4 liter Big Zip dirty bag, 4' of tubing, the mini filter (or a Frontier Pro if I use chlorine dioxide p...

January 08, 12:31pm

A manly bidet
Here's how dudes use a bidet:

In Philosophy & Technique » Japanese bidet
January 08, 8:39am

I thought it was already decided too...
But according to Professor Clelland!, the line between traditional and lightweight base weights is 20#, not 15#. And Mike knows the real deal, right?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I say let's decide on a general consensus of Ultralight definitions and terms.
January 05, 3:33pm

Re: The Sol muffin idea
I actually tried it out this afternoon with a blueberry/Krusteaz muffin. It worked like a charm. The only issue was with the stock lid, which kept lifting off the pot and letting lots of steam out....

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Muffins al la Clelland, and the Mega-Muffin Threashhold. Need suggestions/help
January 04, 3:58pm

The Sol muffin idea
Mark, here's that idea I alluded to last night. I'm pretty sure that it will work with your JB Sol, provided that you can turn the flame way down (which the new regulated burners allow us t...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Muffins al la Clelland, and the Mega-Muffin Threashhold. Need suggestions/help
January 04, 10:46am

My Mega-Muffin setup
I kind of think the Jetboil Sol cup is too small in diameter to do a proper Mega- Muffin. I think that Bob has it right--use a larger pot. Here's my full setup, for when I want to eat really we...

January 03, 5:08pm

Never provide positive reinforcement to a black bear
I say we put David and his breakfast in a huge cage with a hungry black bear, and you know, see what happens, and how he does it. Kat Pee will film it, -B.G.- and the Idester will be the referees, ...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » What to do with pack at night?
January 02, 5:09pm

Re: ...summer trip to Glacier NP
Ian, your request is pretty hard to reply to--there are so many considerations here. My advice is for you to buy Erik Molvar's Falcon guide book, read it, then come back to us with specific que...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Help me get ready for a summer trip to Glacier NP
January 02, 9:45am

All Reader Reviews by Gary Dunckel

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
Mountain House's Pro Pack meal bags fit perfectly in the PCS cup. After adding the boiling water to the bag, stirring it up, and resealing it, you can empty the remaining water from the PCS, drop ...

In Stoves - Canister
March 18, 11:41am

Hilleberg Akto
I agree that the Akto is a very strong and high quality 4-season solo tent. But I must add an anecdote to illustrate the what I feel is the tent's main weakness. In early October of '06 we wer...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
November 28, 9:08am

Salomon Tech Amhibian
What the previous posts have neglected to mention is that the Amphib is perhaps the lightest (24 ounces/pair)"running shoe" that can be taken on a standard extended backpack trip (not fast packing) fo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
October 18, 7:45pm