BPL Community Profile

Jeffs Eleven (WoodenWizard) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Greater Mt Tabor
About Me I'm not a hiker, but I play one on TV.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeffs Eleven

Showing 161 - 170 of 1473 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...148

Forum » Thread

Re: Headline: "Why does America lose its head over 'terror' but ignore its daily gun deaths?"
Simple... We can kill each other... we just don't want anybody else to kill us. Its like brothers I know. They can fight each other- its ok. But when somebody else messes wi...

In On the Web » Headline: "Why does America lose its head over 'terror' but ignore its daily gun deaths?"
June 27, 10:51am

Re: Wet Weather Shelter Philosophy
Im in the tent and a tarp camp. Obviously heavier- but hanging out, and cooking in the rain just soaks your clothes. Hanging out and cooking in the tent is depressing. Hammocks really shine ...

In GEAR » Wet Weather Shelter Philosophy
June 25, 8:17pm

Re: You can't tell people anything they don't want to hear
Yeah the fred eric/ eric fred threw me off. Its like a legitimate B.G. / G.B. +1 to wanting to sing the praises but not, and having a hard time not doing it. I'm kinda loud and i wanna b...

In Post-Trip Reports » Backpacking with heavyweighters
June 24, 11:33pm

Re: FS: Six Moon Designs Traveler $120 Shipped
You can get a frame for it ,no? Killer pack- I love mine!! Go Saints! Who Dat

In Gear Swap » FS: Six Moon Designs Traveler $120 Shipped
June 23, 7:40pm

Re: Come on, people, get friendly.
How many STDs did that get you? ;) Hot tubs are the grossest thing ever.

In Hammocks » Double hammocks?
June 23, 3:08pm

Re: Gravity filter vs. Aqua Mira: The age-old question
OK, so... an hour. :P ...I've never waited an hour... and water 'round here is definitely NOT 77F. Here is a link to the Micropur tablet chart. http://www.k...

In GEAR » Gravity filter vs. Aqua Mira: The age-old question
June 20, 11:40am

Re: Re: Gravity filter vs. Aqua Mira: The age-old question
From what I understand the 4 hour time comes from extremely cold water. ...Like near freezing water... The protozoan cysts are tough and the hardest to break down. The cold water slows down th...

In GEAR » Gravity filter vs. Aqua Mira: The age-old question
June 20, 11:21am

Re: Re: Re: Seam sealing and thunderstorms
Is there not a mitten clip? My Scarp has em

In GEAR » CB3/Cloudburst 3 Initial impressions
June 15, 11:19pm

Re: Wait a minute, Jen...
Me and Garys mileage is the same. I started to post earlier but it just ended up being a "I hate Texas" post so I refrained. ...But here I go again... Yeah, don't mess w/ Tex...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Austin TX and environs...
June 15, 11:18pm

Re: Exped?
On sale at Backcountryedge.com too. 35oz though Well I saw it was in the SUL threads so I thought 35oz sounded heavy but I see you say "around 2lbs" so I guess 35 is OK

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Non-Cuben internal frame backpack?
June 15, 11:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Jeffs Eleven

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Kooka Bay Syn filled custom pad
I got a 44" X 74" X 3.5" pad. R value ~6. It meets requested specs when inflated. As soon as I got it I went and snowshoed around Crater Lake. It was and excellent addition to our...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
June 27, 8:14pm

Garmont Vetta Hike
I got these because Garmont fits better than any shoe I've tried, period. I needed a boot so I looked for the lightest boot Garmont makes The Vetta LITE. Very light for a boot (10oz per Garmont ...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 21, 5:27pm

Body Glide mini stick
Oh, Bodyglide. How I love you. I covet your silky sensation. Be mine

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
February 17, 5:13pm

Tarptent Cloudburst
My first UL tent. I like it a lot but giving to my dad in lieu of more headroom. It is pretty awesome at battening down in the rain and then being able to vent well. We got rained on pretty go...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
January 11, 5:31pm

Trail Designs Caldera Stove
This thing is awesome. There is nothing I can say that hasn't already been said, save some anecdotal story attesting the overall prowess displayed by that thar stove... Yep

In Stoves - Alcohol
January 11, 4:58pm

Six Moon Designs Traveler backpack
The Traveler is my first UL pack. Since I live near SMD I went to their shop and checked it out myself before buying. Brandon was totally helpful and willing to let me check out the pack line, since...

In Backpacks - Frameless
January 11, 4:52pm