BPL Community Profile

Will Webster (WillWeb) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Will Webster hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Will Webster has not added a biography yet.
StatePennsylvania

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Will Webster

Showing 161 - 170 of 361 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...37

Forum » Thread

Not just insulation
Makes sense that very low fat reserves could make your body think it's in danger of starvation, so it will protect itself by ramping down your metabolic rate. That could contribute to loss of ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Low Body Fat - The Tipping Point
July 09, 12:15pm

Re: Salads on the trail
Sounds really good Laurie Ann. Here's something I tried for the first time last week. Unfortunately I didn't write down the proportions (that's how I usually cook) but it turned out...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Salads on the trail
July 09, 8:23am

Re: Re: Re: Steripen Opti Sheath
"Why do you need a sheath? There's a cover over the business end to protect it." Lemme tell you a story: Last November, when we reached our first campsite in the Grand Canyon...

In Make Your Own Gear » Steripen Opti Sheath
July 08, 3:50pm

PATC
Potomac Appalachian Trail Club is huge, and I get the impression they have a lot of membership in the DC area. I'm willing to bet they have scheduled hikes with meeting places you could take p...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » DC Area Suggestions
July 08, 2:40pm

TP
I definitely agree with Mike about TP litter; it's an unsanitary eyesore. I've tried using snow (cold) and leaves (uncomfortable) to reduce TP usage. I'm willing to continue experimen...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Tip of the Week
July 08, 8:45am

Re: nothing to do
Well, I haven't studied it either... But it makes sense from what I know of hydrocarbon combustion. CO is generated in the primary flame, and then burns to CO2 as it encounters air in the s...

In GEAR » Heat Exchanger Pots Dangerous At Altitude?
July 07, 12:30pm

Shaking
I was under the impression that shaking removes the disolved ClO2 gas from the water, and should be minimized until the treatment period is complete.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Crushing Chlorine Dioxide Tablets for faster treatment?
July 07, 5:32am

Steripen sheath
My wife and I originally left the Steripen sheath behind to save weight, but on the first day of our Grand Canyon trip last year it fell ~4' onto rock and the bulb broke internally. Fortunatel...

In Gear Lists » New ULer for the Northeast
July 06, 5:43am

Re: Crushing Chlorine Dioxide Tablets for faster treatment?
After reading the safety warnings and first aid instructions on the package, and considering how I would implement them in the wild, I've decided that anything which increases the potential for...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Crushing Chlorine Dioxide Tablets for faster treatment?
July 05, 12:57pm

20F
I slept comfortably in a Summerlite last winter when it was 20F outside our 3-season tent (BA Fly Creek 2). Used a full length thinlite, 3/4 length thermorest, and torso-length Z-lite. Wore socks...

In GEAR » Summerlite down all on top with continuous baffle
June 26, 9:08am

All Reader Reviews by Will Webster

Will Webster has posted no reviews.