Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Clint Hewitt (WalkSoftly33) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale New England
About Me I have lived in NY, CT, MA and now ME.

Areas I have hiked in:
2011: CA, Little Yosemite Valley, Local Maine Hills, Katahdin (2x)
2010: NOBO AT Thru Hike
2009: NY Bear Mt and Coldspring
2008: NY- CatSkills

Thru the years I have hit NH- White Mountains, MA- Mt. Everett, Mt. Grey Lock multiple times.

My pack weight has come along way...I think I remember years ago something about a game of horseshoes set...
CityBiddeford
StateME
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListCurrent AT - Set up

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Clint Hewitt

Showing 161 - 170 of 254 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: misc
Steve, The Darn Tuff Socks are great socks. My girlfriend used a pair for almost the entire thru hike and then eventually had to replace them in Maine. The thing is it wasn't because of the ...

In Gear Deals » Patagonia, Mountain Hardware, Merrell, etc
October 28, 10:29am

Mov Nat and the flow
This past summer I for only a few weeks I got into mov nat and the flow. Two cool work outs that are similar in some respects to p90X. Based on maintaing your ability to perfom a variety of moveme...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Fitness
October 27, 2:50pm

Re: Relic of a inflatable sleeping pad
Hey Walter! How goes it? Yea they are defiantly not light weight. It is amazing to see gear that has lasted for so long. When I blew up the mattress I was shocked it still held air, especiall...

In GEAR » Relic of a inflatable sleeping pad.
October 27, 11:56am

Relic of a inflatable sleeping pad. From the 70's???
So I was cleaning out my uncles house recently and in a crawl space behind a wall in his attic, mixed in with broken boards, old sheet rock, dust and nails I found this: A Stebco Backpacker...

In GEAR » Relic of a inflatable sleeping pad.
October 27, 9:35am

Group Shot
I had a great time this past weekend, it was a blast to meet every one, hear there stories and see there gear. I look forward to another NE BPL get together The greatest challenge of the w...

In Post-Trip Reports » NE BPL Meetup
October 26, 4:12pm

Re: I'd like to join in
Eric Im not in Maine right now have been doing some work in Western Mass otherwise I would have been more then happy to give you a ride. Sorry it took a while for me to respond I have not had ac...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » New England ultralight weekend!
October 20, 6:55pm

Re: Re: Attendees thus far...
Awesome a New England BPL gathering! This is the first I have caught wind of this. I would be interested in joining up. I have hiked multiple times around MT. Everett/ Race Brook area near by. ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » New England ultralight weekend!
October 13, 12:58pm

Re: Feel
Dan, 1.4lbs per day is a little light when considering consecutive days a thru-hiker puts in. The appetite increase dramatically, 2 to 2.5 lbs of food a day could be consumed and certain individ...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL and thru-hikes
October 04, 3:36pm

Re: sleeping on 2/3 pad
I have found that the drop off of a neo-air short is a problem for me. I was able to deal with it for four months last year on the AT. Like others have said not inflating it all the way helps. Stil...

In GEAR » sleeping on 2/3 pad
September 26, 5:31am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Torso
Jamie, Thanks. Yes I cant wait to test it out, I finished it just in time for a vacation trip to Western, MA. Going to be going up to the southern terminus of the Long Trail on Mon-Tue and doing...

In Make Your Own Gear » First MYOG Pack
September 25, 8:14am

All Reader Reviews by Clint Hewitt

Clint Hewitt has posted no reviews.