November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Clint Hewitt (WalkSoftly33) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale New England
About Me I have lived in NY, CT, MA and now ME.

Areas I have hiked in:
2011: CA, Little Yosemite Valley, Local Maine Hills, Katahdin (2x)
2010: NOBO AT Thru Hike
2009: NY Bear Mt and Coldspring
2008: NY- CatSkills

Thru the years I have hit NH- White Mountains, MA- Mt. Everett, Mt. Grey Lock multiple times.

My pack weight has come along way...I think I remember years ago something about a game of horseshoes set...
My PDF Gear ListCurrent AT - Set up

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Clint Hewitt

Showing 161 - 170 of 254 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: misc
Steve, The Darn Tuff Socks are great socks. My girlfriend used a pair for almost the entire thru hike and then eventually had to replace them in Maine. The thing is it wasn't because of the ...

In Gear Deals » Patagonia, Mountain Hardware, Merrell, etc
October 28, 10:29am

Mov Nat and the flow
This past summer I for only a few weeks I got into mov nat and the flow. Two cool work outs that are similar in some respects to p90X. Based on maintaing your ability to perfom a variety of moveme...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Fitness
October 27, 2:50pm

Re: Relic of a inflatable sleeping pad
Hey Walter! How goes it? Yea they are defiantly not light weight. It is amazing to see gear that has lasted for so long. When I blew up the mattress I was shocked it still held air, especiall...

In GEAR » Relic of a inflatable sleeping pad.
October 27, 11:56am

Relic of a inflatable sleeping pad. From the 70's???
So I was cleaning out my uncles house recently and in a crawl space behind a wall in his attic, mixed in with broken boards, old sheet rock, dust and nails I found this: A Stebco Backpacker...

In GEAR » Relic of a inflatable sleeping pad.
October 27, 9:35am

Group Shot
I had a great time this past weekend, it was a blast to meet every one, hear there stories and see there gear. I look forward to another NE BPL get together The greatest challenge of the w...

In Post-Trip Reports » NE BPL Meetup
October 26, 4:12pm

Re: I'd like to join in
Eric Im not in Maine right now have been doing some work in Western Mass otherwise I would have been more then happy to give you a ride. Sorry it took a while for me to respond I have not had ac...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » New England ultralight weekend!
October 20, 6:55pm

Re: Re: Attendees thus far...
Awesome a New England BPL gathering! This is the first I have caught wind of this. I would be interested in joining up. I have hiked multiple times around MT. Everett/ Race Brook area near by. ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » New England ultralight weekend!
October 13, 12:58pm

Re: Feel
Dan, 1.4lbs per day is a little light when considering consecutive days a thru-hiker puts in. The appetite increase dramatically, 2 to 2.5 lbs of food a day could be consumed and certain individ...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL and thru-hikes
October 04, 3:36pm

Re: sleeping on 2/3 pad
I have found that the drop off of a neo-air short is a problem for me. I was able to deal with it for four months last year on the AT. Like others have said not inflating it all the way helps. Stil...

In GEAR » sleeping on 2/3 pad
September 26, 5:31am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Torso
Jamie, Thanks. Yes I cant wait to test it out, I finished it just in time for a vacation trip to Western, MA. Going to be going up to the southern terminus of the Long Trail on Mon-Tue and doing...

In Make Your Own Gear » First MYOG Pack
September 25, 8:14am

All Reader Reviews by Clint Hewitt

Clint Hewitt has posted no reviews.