Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ryan Smith (ViolentGreen) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Southeast
About Me Ryan Smith has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Smith

Showing 161 - 170 of 1318 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...132

Forum » Thread

Re: Questions
Good looking mid Ben. I like the vent strut idea, I had a BA tent which used that design and it worked well. On to cuben next. : ) It would be cool if BPL had a way to upload & store all the...

In Make Your Own Gear » Does this Mid make my vent look big?
December 08, 11:16am

Re: ZPacks carbon fibre staff
Nice idea. The mechanism for holding the sections together is a little unpolished. If they could come up something other than string under a rubber cap I would give it a shot. Ryan

In GEAR » ZPacks carbon fibre staff
December 07, 1:32pm

Re: Edible plants app.
"If you are already trained and at least know how to identify plants by family on your own, then a book or an app can help narrow it down to genus and species. " Hi Kat, thanks for the...

In GEAR » Experience with edible plants apps?
December 06, 12:06pm

Experience with edible plants apps?
I've always been interested in foraging for wild edibles and have a couple books on the subject. Books aren't the lightest thing in the world and I do always take my iPhone on hikes, so I&#...

In GEAR » Experience with edible plants apps?
December 06, 9:24am

Re: Sold Out for Season
I bet the Frostline will be a $250 parka for Fall 2015. Ryan

In GEAR » Can I beat the MB frost line parka ?
December 05, 9:06pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: When backpacking, it pays to be small
"Bolt is an alien, and you don't see him backpacking, either." I think his powers are more pharmaceutical in nature. Lol Ryan

In Philosophy & Technique » When backpacking, it pays to be small
December 05, 4:09pm

Re: Re: Re: When backpacking, it pays to be small
"That's why you never see 7-foot sprinters or running backs." I agree with you, although there are exceptions to every rule. Usain Bolt is HUGE by sprinter standards and just happe...

In Philosophy & Technique » When backpacking, it pays to be small
December 05, 10:58am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Vertex Solid Fuel Stove Review WITH ADS!
You have all done a sad thing today. What a beautiful spirit that young lady had. Now she's gone...BOOOO. Ryan

In Editor's Roundtable » Vertex Solid Fuel Stove Review
December 03, 11:18am

Re: circular patches
John, Regarding Silnet vs Seamgrip....You want Seamgrip. Silnet will not bond as well or last as long. I have some adhesive backed Dacron that you can use for reinforcements as well. It'...

In Make Your Own Gear » 1oz/yd2 Cuben Tarp-Shelter Prototype
December 03, 10:58am

Re: Charging up a 18650 lithium battery
BG- How hot does your ZL get when on High for a few minutes? Just warm or too hot to hold? I've got a few flashlights that run the XM-L2 in the 900 lumen range and they get fairly warm even...

In Make Your Own Gear » Charging up a 18650 lithium battery
December 03, 10:47am

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Smith

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Ohm
I've had an Ohm for about a year now and have taken it on a few trips. It's very comfortable provided that you keep it in the weight range it's designed for. When carrying 20-25 lbs it car...

In Backpacks - Frameless
September 10, 5:36pm