BPL Community Profile

Ryan Smith (ViolentGreen) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Southeast
About Me Ryan Smith has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Smith

Showing 161 - 170 of 1058 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...106

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Lightweight Affordable Tarps
"We are not discussing Tyvek 1085d. Tyvek 1443R was the subject." If your Tyvek is noisy, you aren't discussing 1443R. The rest of us are. Ryan

In Gear Deals » Lightweight Affordable Tarps
May 01, 7:48pm

Re: so?
"She said that if you give people food stamps, they will become dependent on them. Everybody always tries to smear people. Her point is valid even if some get offended by the delivery." ...

In Chaff » The GOP (The Party For The Unstable) Hate National Parks Too
May 01, 5:18pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Leaving prices posted
"The mods there must have a LOT of spare time and nothing else to do!" No more than anyone else I suppose. There are just many more mods than here so the responsibilities are shared. Y...

In Gear Swap » Sellers: when your item sells, Edit your post, do not Reply to it
May 01, 4:51pm

Re: Re: Lightweight Affordable Tarps
Tyvek 1443R soft structure is not the same as the noisy Tyvek 1085d. It is not noisy at all. Ryan

In Gear Deals » Lightweight Affordable Tarps
May 01, 4:26pm

Re
" I have even heard of more than one husband and wife team with almost a foot of difference in height that have the same torso length." That matches myself and my wife. 6'5"...

In GEAR » Zpacks Arc Blast torso sizing question
May 01, 11:51am

Re: Sleeping Bag vs Bags - and temps for a multi-bag system in SouthEast US?
I use a 20deg Zpacks bag at 25oz (xwide/xxlong) and then a 40deg MYOG quilt at 12oz for warmer temps. The 20 deg covers the coldest temps I typically see and the 40deg covers everything else. ...

In GEAR » Sleeping Bag vs Bags - and temps for a multi-bag system in SouthEast US?
April 30, 12:05pm

Re: Bundy in DANGER?
Speaking of ol' Carlos Danger - I dare any of you to watch this video and not laugh hysterically. Gets me every time. www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjiSm4ZPVKM Ryan

In Chaff » Bundy......A True American Hero?
April 29, 7:42pm

Re: Bears, Bugs, and Butt Knob
" If we camp on a bald, will the OPsak be enough to deter the bears from coming toward our tarp if we keep it inside? I'm a stickler for putting EVERYTHING smellable into the bear bag.&quo...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Art Loeb Trail in May
April 29, 10:57am

Re: Re: Re: Material for tailgate tent
"I dunno. I bet Sunbrella would be hard to sew .And way overkill. If you wanted to put it over a boat for multiple seasons then that would be good" I've never tried to sew it, but ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Material for Tailgate Tent
April 29, 10:39am

Re: Material for tailgate tent
"Sunbrella would work. They use it in boats so it would last a long time. The good thing about it is it breaths. Might be pretty thick and harder to sew. Rockywoods has samples. You might want...

In Make Your Own Gear » Material for Tailgate Tent
April 28, 4:32pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Smith

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Ohm
I've had an Ohm for about a year now and have taken it on a few trips. It's very comfortable provided that you keep it in the weight range it's designed for. When carrying 20-25 lbs it car...

In Backpacks - Frameless
September 10, 5:36pm