BPL Community Profile

Ryan Smith (ViolentGreen) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Southeast
About Me Ryan Smith has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Smith

Showing 161 - 170 of 877 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...88

Forum » Thread

Re: Best Down Pillow? High FP too soft?
Especially since you are a side sleeper I think you will find that a down pillow will not have enough support. The one you have is probably a good example of how others will perform. They are just ...

In GEAR » Best Down Pillow? High FP too soft?
December 07, 1:59pm

Re: whew
It is a little short for a Tall size, but the sleeve length is about right I think. I normally wear a 36/37 sleeve length in dress shirts and it's long enough for me. There could be some fudge ...

In Gear Deals » EB Downlight 50 Jacket $63!
December 05, 4:58pm

Re: microspike, crampon suggestions.
Check out IceTrekkers. Handle hard, glassy ice and snow like a champ, plus they are lighter than micro spikes IIRC. They aren't as well known but I have been very pleased with them. Ryan

In GEAR » microspike, crampon suggestions.
December 05, 4:05pm

Re: Hendrick
"Why don't the site owners of BPL ban him permanently? Have they taken any action or attempted to make contact with him?" Didn't the BPL Facebook page direct you to Hendrik'...

In Community Support Forum » Where's Hendrik?
December 05, 3:21pm

Re: Re: Re: EB Downlight 50 Jacket $63!
Rick, It measures 28" from bottom center to collar. From center back to end of sleeve is 34.5"-35". Ryan

December 04, 5:04pm

Re: EB Downlight 50 Jacket $63!
Update: Got mine a few days ago. XL/Tall size. It runs a hair big on me in the torso, but not bad. Would be perfect to layer something underneath like a fleece. Very puffy with no under filled baff...

December 04, 10:51am

Re: Re: Quasar
I think at $240 the Quasar is a better choice than the Bitterroot for what you are looking for. $325 - probably not. The Golite has a hood that is pretty useless unless you are wearing a helmet f...

In GEAR » Marmot Quasar Hoody -- ultralight down
December 03, 4:59pm

Overweight
I think it's fairly common for MLD stuff to come in above stated weights. I bought a silnylon tarp from them a couple years ago that was 20% above spec. After some research I found 3-4 threads ...

In GEAR » MLD Speedmid Problems
December 03, 11:09am

Re: Re: Tarptent Notch vs. Zpacks Hexamid Long
"Silnylon doesn't absorb water. The water clings to it. So you have to shake the water off as best that you can." That may work when you're breaking camp and it's not pouri...

In GEAR » Tarptent Notch vs. Zpacks Hexamid Long
December 02, 6:42pm

Re: Re: Re: Alternatives to traditional baffles?
Normal baffle design https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4362 Karo-style design https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11524

In Make Your Own Gear » Alternatives to traditional baffles?
December 02, 6:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Smith

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Ohm
I've had an Ohm for about a year now and have taken it on a few trips. It's very comfortable provided that you keep it in the weight range it's designed for. When carrying 20-25 lbs it car...

In Backpacks - Frameless
September 10, 5:36pm